Your Top Five (5) Anime?

Werewood

My Top Five (5) Anime:

I am a very old-school anime fan just want to let you know first.......

Top #1: Dragon Ball Z

Posted Image

** This is my very top one (1) Anime!  Son Gohan (not the teenage one) is my hero!  My favorite part is Gohan vs P.Cell one!  I nearly cried when Gohan turned SSJ2 :crywithno:

Top #2: Laputa Castle in the Sky

Posted Image

** Everything (intro, plot, story, design, character development, education, VFXs/SFXs, songs, ending,...etc.) is just amazingly excellent!  I have been dreaming for long that, one day Pazu and Sheeta can enter the MUGEN world........ :goodnight:

Top #3: Gegege no Kitarou

Posted Image

** This is the anime I like so much that the SFC/SNES game with the same name has long been my very first (forever) MUGEN WIP!  Posted Image

Top #4: Akira

Posted Image

** This epic scientific anime once proved that "no successors can excel the predecessor" statement.  Posted Image

Top #5: Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Posted Image

** This is my latest addition.  Funny thing is, I got to know this anime ALL BECAUSE OF its fighting game version (Ougon Musou Kyoku aka OMK).  I dig this one (both anime and manga) ONLY AFTER I tried OMK.  So much gold to dig....Posted Image

I am not very familiar with most newer (in your eyes, already old...) anime.  I know some popular ones, but not as digging as the above ones.

So, what is your top five (5) anime?

#1 Doraemon

Loved all aspect since i was a kid and always will be.

#2 Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Most excellent and deep storyline i've ever seen and the anime doesn't feel so mainstream at all, no extended plot which is retarded, epic battle scene, and of course it's not your type of anime that use cute and sexy boob ladies to cover its boring and bland storyline like most anime nowadays.

3-5 can't think of atm.

#1 Doraemon

Loved all aspect since i was a kid and always will be.

#2 Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Most excellent and deep storyline i've ever seen and the anime doesn't feel so mainstream at all, no extended plot which is retarded, epic battle scene, and of course it's not your type of anime that use cute and sexy boob ladies to cover its boring and bland storyline like most anime nowadays.

3-5 can't think of atm.

#3 SKET Dance

Pure gold of high-school comedy. And it can be really heart-touching sometimes!

4-5 still thinking.

@Ryoucchi:
>> #1 Doraemon ...... since a kid
You started with newer Doraemon version right?
newer Doraemon version:

Posted Image

older Doraemon version:

Posted Image

** off-topic:  one of my current MUGEN WIPs is Doraemon (NDS version, which is based on the newer Doraemon version):

Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted ImagePosted Image NDS Doraemon - Nobita to Midori no Kyojinhei

>> #2 Fullmetal Alchemist
I like Fullmetal Alchemist (and YuYu Hakusho) too but their Ki couldn't beat that of Dragon Ball Z Posted Image, in my ranking.

@Sham Winchester:
>> 1 - Dragon Ball
Yay!  Just like me!  :heeee:

@Mav3r1ck:

>> 5) Death Note
Hey Death Note is in my cousin's top five (5) anime too!

@Ryoucchi:

>> #1 Doraemon ...... since a kid

You started with newer Doraemon version right?

newer Doraemon version:

Posted Image

older Doraemon version:

Posted Image

** off-topic:  one of my current MUGEN WIPs is Doraemon (NDS version, which is based on the newer Doraemon version):

Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted ImagePosted Image NDS Doraemon - Nobita to Midori no Kyojinhei

>> #2 Fullmetal Alchemist

I like Fullmetal Alchemist (and YuYu Hakusho) too but their Ki couldn't beat that of Dragon Ball Z Posted Image, in my ranking.

@Sham Winchester:

>> 1 - Dragon Ball

Yay!  Just like me!  :heeee:

@Mav3r1ck:

>> 5) Death Note

Hey Death Note is in my cousin's top five (5) anime too!

Yea, I also like Yu Yu Hakusho however the anime like One Piece, Bleach, Naruto and Fairy Tail already overshadow that series in my eyes BUT, the Dragon Ball series is always and remain as the most awesome + epic + the greatness anime of all time for me! I really can't wait for the upcome of Dragon Ball series about this Gods of Destruction, maybe more/version of Super Saiyan God and the 12 universe in Dragon Ball series.

Wow, you are awesome @Borewood! I always wanted to have Doraemon in my mugen...you have make my dream come true!

Yea, I also like Yu Yu Hakusho however the anime like One Piece, Bleach, Naruto and Fairy Tail already overshadow that series in my eyes BUT, the Dragon Ball series is always and remain as the most awesome + epic + the greatness anime of all time for me! I really can't wait for the upcome of Dragon Ball series about this Gods of Destruction, maybe more/version of Super Saiyan God and the 12 universe in Dragon Ball series.

Wow, you are awesome @Borewood! I always wanted to have Doraemon in my mugen...you have make my dream come true!

Somehow I had hard times to not to compare Yu Yu Hakusho with DBZ.  I don't know but this is what I felt:  Yu Yu Hakusho background (not the fights) could happen in real life, which is quite boring, while DBZ world is..........totally so immense with its unlimited rooms of imagination and fantasy.

Let me tell you, some of my older relatives even told me DBZ has some education materials value (heck, they don't watch cartoons at all I don't know why they could mention DBZ like that!).  My little cousin prefers DBGT over DBZ because of Pan and Trunks.

By the way, my favorite DBZ movie is "Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan".  Man, Broly is just too awesomely powerful!

If you like Broly, then I recommend this Japanese big Broly fan who puts all his fan arts up on his web site:  http://dotostar.web.fc2.com/

- a sample of his fan arts:

Posted Image

* this big Broly Japanese fan has excellent DBZ drawing talent!  See for yourself!

off-topic with MUGEN stuff:

- I like Broly so much that I once mugenized a SFC/SNES Broly, just to try to make him "movie #8 accurate i.e. the Broly breaking Saiyan Pod part":

Posted Image

* however, due to my limited MUGEN authoring skill, the idea and execution I added to 557's Broly came out so bad that everybody seemed to hate my version very much.

Somehow I had hard times to not to compare Yu Yu Hakusho with DBZ.  I don't know but this is what I felt:  Yu Yu Hakusho background (not the fights) could happen in real life, which is quite boring, while DBZ world is..........totally so immense with its unlimited rooms of imagination and fantasy.

Let me tell you, some of my older relatives even told me DBZ has some education materials value (heck, they don't watch cartoons at all I don't know why they could mention DBZ like that!).  My little cousin prefers DBGT over DBZ because of Pan and Trunks.

By the way, my favorite DBZ movie is "Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan".  Man, Broly is just too awesomely powerful!

If you like Broly, then I recommend this Japanese big Broly fan who puts all his fan arts up on his web site:  http://dotostar.web.fc2.com/

- a sample of his fan arts:

Posted Image

* this big Broly Japanese fan has excellent DBZ drawing talent!  See for yourself!

off-topic with MUGEN stuff:

- I like Broly so much that I once mugenized a SFC/SNES Broly, just to try to make him "movie #8 accurate i.e. the Broly breaking Saiyan Pod part":

Posted Image

* however, due to my limited MUGEN authoring skill, the idea and execution I added to 557's Broly came out so bad that everybody seemed to hate my version very much.

Hell yeah, Broly is my most favourite villains in Dragon Ball series. His movie is also my most favourite and even after I watch Battle of Gods, I still say Broly is much more badass than Bills. I always say Broly is the most powerful being in Dragon Ball universe (if he survive and achieve other Super Saiyan level because he is already too powerful when the Z fighters encounter him). For Yu Yu Hakusho, I only hate because the series is too short...that series is quite great, I love when Yusuke transform into his demon form and battle with Sensui.

Man, don't say like that..Your work are great man, everybody love it. I'm really looking foward for your Oni and now, yeah Doraemon! Can't wait to get Doraemon in my mugen roster. Who knows, maybe after this you can remake back your Broly right.

Fate Zero:
animation: 11/10
soundtrack: 11/10
plot: 7/10
epic: 10/10

Kara no Kyoukai:
animation: 10/10
Soundtrack: 11/10
plot: 8/10
badass: 10/10

ufotable productions generally makes a top quality animation-music combination.

Madoka Magica:
Animation: 8/10
soundtrack: 10/10
plot: 8/10, for deviating from the typical magical girl anime genre.
kill the cutie: 11/10

Shingeki no kyojin
animation: 7/10
soundtrack: 9/10
plot: 7/10 for now, since isn't finished yet.
cliffhanger: 11/10

Umineko NNKN:
animation: 5/10
Soundtrack: 9/10
plot: 9/10, the anime is a real dissapointment when compared to the novels though.
mind rape: 10/10

@Sham Winchester: >> Hell yeah, Broly is my most favourite villains in Dragon Ball series.

Well, I am amazed by Broly's unusual childhood more than his villain being.  Sometimes I consider it might all be Son Goku's fault and King Vegeta's fault and Paragus' fault that has made Broly the devil he has declared himself to be.  An extraordinarily powerful fighter race descendant with some tragic life issue............how attractive! 

@Aℓicℯ:

>> Umineko NNKN ............. the anime is a real dissapointment when compared to the novels though Many have said the same thing.  I haven't come across with the digital novels yet.  I am in the middle of (actually almost finish) the manga.  During reading the manga, I begin to understand how things actually are going on in that mind-raping world of Beatoriche. Oh one thing about the anime...........both opening and ending songs are just epic!

A lot of my time watching anime was late at night staying up as a kid watching Adult Swim on Saturday, as a lot of choices on this list reflect.

Cowboy Bebop

Posted Image

The music, production values, the characters, just everything blends perfectly together and never fails to amaze me. 

Big O

Posted Image

Full of action-packed moments of suspense alongside complex and subtle symbols makes you ask questions and wonder if they're ever going to be answered.

FLCL

Posted Image

Wonderful animation from Gainax with unique, bright, and unforgettable characters that are extremely relatable to you and me because any one of us can experience the internal conflicts these characters go through out the series.

Legend of Galactic Heroes

Posted Image

This is an anime that you not just watch, you experience. It creates a vast and rich universe before your eyes, characters feel as though they grow with you, and everything in this has significant impact. What’s important is not so much what will happen, but more why and how it will happen. At a point, it is not so hard to predict the upcoming plot twist. However, knowing where all the pieces are set, keeps one alert for the inevitable, giving rise to an unrelenting sense of urgency, which doesn’t just linger around and appear when necessary. With every scene, the momentum is maintained and crescendos along the way. When two soldiers talking can retain all the energy of a glorious battle, you know someone is doing something right. To me, this is as good as anime gets.

Trigun

Posted Image

At first, Trigun begins as the wacky story of the plights of Vash The Stampede, an outlaw with a bounty of  $60,000,000,000.00 who is considered the best gunman in the west with a mysterious past. Then the story turns into a grim and psychological drama dealings with past sins and morals.

#3 SKET Dance

Pure gold of high-school comedy. And it can be really heart-touching sometimes!

4-5 still thinking.

#4 Detective Conan

Though the main issues regarding the Black Organization shit are sill confusing but the one-shot cases are enjoyable.

Well not hard to say.

1-Needless (thats very ovious from me ikr?) mostly the manga cuz the ecchiness XD

Posted Image

2-Zoids (Chaotic Century part mostly)

Posted Image

3-Digimon 01 and 02

Posted Image

4-To love Ru (I like ecchi on anime and mangas so XD)

Posted Image

5-Dragon Ball O, Z and GT basically all sagas in general.

Posted Image

Thank you all for your sharing of your top five (5) anime!  It is really nice to get to know what anime is in MFFA members' top list, even though I am not familiar to some "newer" anime (of course, not new to most of you).  It kind of triggers me to want to try to get to know more about your mentioned anime.

@supersaiyin38: >> (3) Dragon Ball Z

You have some DBZ username, you have a DBZ avatar, DBZ is only #3 in your top five (5) list!?!?!?!?

@Genesis:

>> 2. Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin

I heard of this one and it seems to be a very popular one in Asia too........I think I will try to pick this one up after Umineko no Naku Koro ni

@Cruz Ex-Chan:

>> 5-Dragon Ball O, Z and GT basically all sagas in general.

Yes!  DB is in your top five (5)!

@TAW:

>> #4 Fist of the North Star

Do you agree that Fist of the North Star/Hokuto no Ken is a men-only anime/manga?

Yes, for female viewers would get pregnant from all the manliness in each episode.

Nice one!  Actually my English sucks.  What I meant was, is it the case that only men can understand the "speechless brotherhood and rival-hood in persistence" thingy all over the Fist of the North Star/Hokuto no Ken anime and manga?

@Borewood

its a pretty good series. The anime starts a little slow(not really slow, but it seems generic at first) but once it picks up, you'll be hooked. I advise waiting for season 2 before starting (season 1 is over)

Or you can read the manga but the chapters are long(roughly 40-60 pages per chapter) and take a whole month to come out.