[Gen6][3DS] Pokemon X & Y

Bjay

Well I to be honest I never considered Celebi as a powerful pokemon to begin with plus due to its type (grass/psychic) it has loads of weaknesses : Fire, Ice, poison, Dark, Flying, Ghost,  Bug (4x damage). So its a very fragile pokemon in mine point of veiw. =P

Well I to be honest I never considered Celebi as a powerful pokemon to begin with plus due to its type (grass/psychic) it has loads of weaknesses : Fire, Ice, poison, Dark, Flying, Ghost,  Bug (4x damage). So its a very fragile pokemon in mine point of veiw. =P

Celebi's competitive history according to Smogon:

Gen II: Uber

Celebi has great stats, and resistances to three of the most popular attack types in the game is never bad (Water / Electric / Ground). One thing Celebi doesn't get its due credit for is being able to stall out the average Snorlax and force it to Rest without taking much damage thanks to Leech Seed. It also learns Heal Bell, which is one of the most valuable moves for a stall team, and is still useful for others.

Gen III: OU

Celebi is mainly used as a stalling machine, but Perish Song variants can also break stall when used alongside Mean Look + Baton Pass Umbreon. Additionally, Celebi can utilize Baton Pass itself and contribute to a Baton Pass chain with Calm Mind, Swords Dance, and high HP Substitutes, and do serious damage to Skarmory with Calm Mind-boosted STAB Psychic. Blissey can't stop special attacking sets either, thanks to Psychic's chance of a Special Defense drop, Celebi's 101 HP Substitutes, its ability to stay healthy with Recover and Natural Cure, as well as its access to Leech Seed. Celebi can take on Electric-types to a great extent as it resists their STAB, especially as most carry Hidden Power Grass for Swampert and hence lack Hidden Power Ice.

In fact, Celebi's power is such that many respected battlers have attempted to get it banned multiple times; Celebi was even banned from the Smogon Tour for a while.

Gen IV: OU

Celebi was highly effective in the ADV era, but the introduction of several new threats have dealt it a severe blow. Celebi's whopping seven weaknesses greatly limit it as a defensive Pokemon, as they leave it open to the likes of Scizor, Tyranitar, Heatran, and Rotom-A; it is also hampered by Trick. Nevertheless, Celebi itself has acquired many new moves it can use to defend itself. Thunder Wave, Leaf Storm, U-turn, Grass Knot, and even Trick help to threaten dangerous enemies. Finally, Celebi boasts resistances to six types, which it can use to easily switch in and support its team.

Gen V: OU

As with most legendary Pokemon, Celebi is blessed with great base stats all around. It also has a good and synergetic typing, an awesome ability that lets it act as a status absorber, and a phenomenal movepool. These traits allow Celebi to play many roles, depending on your team's needs. It can be a sturdy special wall that handles many prominent threats, such as Keldeo, Thundurus-T, Sheer Force Landorus, and Breloom, with a large repertoire of utility moves, consisting of Stealth Rock, U-turn, Perish Song, Thunder Wave, Heal Bell, and Baton Pass. Or it can take the offensive route and utilize its good coverage, bulk, and resistances to set up with Nasty Plot, making it quite hard to wall. It can even use a Choice Scarf set to revenge kill troublesome threats, a Baton Pass set to assist your sweepers, or a tank set to combine the offensive and defensive roles.

However, the list of its flaws is as big as the list of its advantages. Its typing leaves it with a whopping seven weaknesses, one of them being a quadruple weakness to Bug moves. This means that it is prone to both Pursuit trapping and to U-turn, which is never a good thing. As with most Grass-types, it struggles quite a bit against sun teams, but don't let its flaws disappoint you. With the right teammates Celebi can really shine, and prevent those pesky rain teams that are everywhere from overwhelming you.

Gen VI: UU

• Good bulk
  • Good ability in natural cure
  • Acess to heal bell and other supporting moves
  • Instant recovery
  • Weakness to common threats such as t-tar sucks
  • Weakness to common new threats such as talonflame and greninja sucks
  • decent defensive typing with ressistances to grass water fighting and ground and weaknesses to fire bug dark and ice
  • pursuit weak

Celebi's competitive history according to Smogon:

Gen II: Uber

Celebi has great stats, and resistances to three of the most popular attack types in the game is never bad (Water / Electric / Ground). One thing Celebi doesn't get its due credit for is being able to stall out the average Snorlax and force it to Rest without taking much damage thanks to Leech Seed. It also learns Heal Bell, which is one of the most valuable moves for a stall team, and is still useful for others.

Gen III: OU

Celebi is mainly used as a stalling machine, but Perish Song variants can also break stall when used alongside Mean Look + Baton Pass Umbreon. Additionally, Celebi can utilize Baton Pass itself and contribute to a Baton Pass chain with Calm Mind, Swords Dance, and high HP Substitutes, and do serious damage to Skarmory with Calm Mind-boosted STAB Psychic. Blissey can't stop special attacking sets either, thanks to Psychic's chance of a Special Defense drop, Celebi's 101 HP Substitutes, its ability to stay healthy with Recover and Natural Cure, as well as its access to Leech Seed. Celebi can take on Electric-types to a great extent as it resists their STAB, especially as most carry Hidden Power Grass for Swampert and hence lack Hidden Power Ice.

In fact, Celebi's power is such that many respected battlers have attempted to get it banned multiple times; Celebi was even banned from the Smogon Tour for a while.

Gen IV: OU

Celebi was highly effective in the ADV era, but the introduction of several new threats have dealt it a severe blow. Celebi's whopping seven weaknesses greatly limit it as a defensive Pokemon, as they leave it open to the likes of Scizor, Tyranitar, Heatran, and Rotom-A; it is also hampered by Trick. Nevertheless, Celebi itself has acquired many new moves it can use to defend itself. Thunder Wave, Leaf Storm, U-turn, Grass Knot, and even Trick help to threaten dangerous enemies. Finally, Celebi boasts resistances to six types, which it can use to easily switch in and support its team.

Gen V: OU

As with most legendary Pokemon, Celebi is blessed with great base stats all around. It also has a good and synergetic typing, an awesome ability that lets it act as a status absorber, and a phenomenal movepool. These traits allow Celebi to play many roles, depending on your team's needs. It can be a sturdy special wall that handles many prominent threats, such as Keldeo, Thundurus-T, Sheer Force Landorus, and Breloom, with a large repertoire of utility moves, consisting of Stealth Rock, U-turn, Perish Song, Thunder Wave, Heal Bell, and Baton Pass. Or it can take the offensive route and utilize its good coverage, bulk, and resistances to set up with Nasty Plot, making it quite hard to wall. It can even use a Choice Scarf set to revenge kill troublesome threats, a Baton Pass set to assist your sweepers, or a tank set to combine the offensive and defensive roles.

However, the list of its flaws is as big as the list of its advantages. Its typing leaves it with a whopping seven weaknesses, one of them being a quadruple weakness to Bug moves. This means that it is prone to both Pursuit trapping and to U-turn, which is never a good thing. As with most Grass-types, it struggles quite a bit against sun teams, but don't let its flaws disappoint you. With the right teammates Celebi can really shine, and prevent those pesky rain teams that are everywhere from overwhelming you.

Gen VI: UU

• Good bulk
  • Good ability in natural cure
  • Acess to heal bell and other supporting moves
  • Instant recovery
  • Weakness to common threats such as t-tar sucks
  • Weakness to common new threats such as talonflame and greninja sucks
  • decent defensive typing with ressistances to grass water fighting and ground and weaknesses to fire bug dark and ice
  • pursuit weak

I guess if you put it that way Celebi is best as a support pokemon in team battles since it has alot of recovery moves. =P

After playing with Slurpuff in Pokemon Showdown, I'm starting to consider training one. I actually managed to sweep an entire team with one (Made less amazing by the fact he sent all his Fairy-weak Pokemon first and saved the two with a type advantage for last, which gave Slurpuff enough time to buff up) and am starting to wonder if Slurpuff can't actually be useful. After all, it DOES get a pretty good ability in Unburden, and it's got decent bulk, heck no worse than Azumarill. Maybe I could actually use one online.

Still, I wonder if Aromatisse could be used for anything. It's super slow and doesn't really have any abilities useful outside team battles.

I just raise Pokemon the way I want it... I don't even pay attention to Smogon or Serebii's competitive talk although the moves sound useful... Anyway, just for the heck of it... I managed to get a Snorlax, Careful natured, 252 HP & Sp Def and has Body Slam, Crunch, Heavy Slam and Curse holding Leftovers...

Diancie looks really cute.

I'm now the proud owner of a Flygon and a Hydreigon. I need to come up with some good 6v6 teams to take advantage of my new mons.

Inb4 Rotom-Wash/Specs Hydreigon Voltturn core *shot*

Or Rotom-Heat, for that matter, especially if paired with MegaVenusaur.

Or Rotom-Heat, for that matter, especially if paired with MegaVenusaur.

That itself sounds kinda interesting to pair with Flygon since I'm going for a ScarfTurn set on it. I'll just need to get my hands on a decently-natured Rotom. Mind helping me with that?

I don't in actual Smogon battles. Only in X and Y do I use Mega Lucario, Mega Kangaskhan, and Mega Gengar. And as I've said before, my Mega Lucario is pretty bottom percentage. And for supposedly being OP, my Gengar and Kangaskhan seem to die easily. I do kind of find it odd that certain Pokemon which are almost impossible to kill are supposedly only OU while Pokemon that aren't even that hard to counter are ubers.