ATV3:Legendary Terry Bogard Final progress

Legendary DeMoNk@I

A tester?! Lucky!

Btw

Other anoying questions :P

Any special intro with other chars?

Also whats the max damage of the Ultimate Wolf?

So far is at what %?

Anyway indeed

After this Terry, there is no need for other.

shinobi music fits this character awesome stuff

-Yeh shinobi music...thats just my own personal thing i was having fun with...i always liked that tune in the game. has nothing to do with terry but i just wanted that as an epic win tune. You'll pick up on other easter egg tunes too when the character is released :)

-@Eve: Yes. But as far as intros go i can only do but so much with intros in the sense of i would have to reach out to other authors where as they create animations in their characters to interact with mines. So there will be minor intros versus other creators characters that i can pull off besides the major ones verses my own characters and Lando's (Hungry Wolf) Terry Bogard when hes done with his version^^

-Both Ultimate (Revenge) supers take about Half your life. Theres more to that though...just dont pick a weak character like KFM versus my character. hed get creamed just like he would versus Infinites characters or even pots

As for more updates folks i had the itch to come up with a new look to my old parry animation which was 3 frames. I have the ability to sprite edit when i want but im just not big into it like that. In my terry i did a whole lot of sprite editing for different moves already. So i gave him a new look for this now and more animations of 4 sprites. looks pretty smooth in action.

Old parry look (of Capcom original)
Posted Image

My slight edited version (The parry hit pause is about the same as SF3)

(and yeh im adjusting that FX around his fist too)

Posted Image
Posted Image

update: Defense and Evade styles and animations.

-My parry system will be very easy to do in my version. just hit foward as soon as you make contact with an attack. before it was  foward foward. I felt that was Too much versus those aggressive mugen characters IMO. so i felt this would be much more fun combating against spam heavy opponents and enemies who like to combo a lot. Of course with my terry you can parry and then go right into a super or any move if you want. So you can definite RE live your own epic parry moment in "SF3 diago" flava lol

-I finished off the second style of Aggressive counter which is a kick. You block and then you can return a heavy back hand punch or a swift round house kick that send the enemy flying back for a wall hit. it takes about 500 points of power to pull off. This is also something V2 never had. my beta testers got to experience that part.

(it works like the alpha counter in SF alpha 3 but packs more of a hit)

First hit of the counter animation
Posted Image
(Actual hit animation of the heavy punch version)
Posted Image

-I added in what i call the SF X T recovery roll. i made it easy to do just like the game. instead of holding in a direction along with a medium punch and kick you can just hold either forward to quickly roll forward towards the enemy or hold back to roll away. This isn't like a fall recovery. this is when you fall heavy on the ground and just before you stand up you can quickly roll away invulnerable for a few seconds.

(getting thrown example)

Posted Image
(falls hard)
Posted Image
(recovery roll backwards if you want in that situation)
Posted Image

Thats pretty much it for his special defense and evade actions now. and yes the AI will definitely pull that off at random >:D

Now all im doing is trying to Fix up 3 supers as far as FX and certain hit pauses go and then im on to the rest of the intros and win states and hes finally on path for release!

• 2 months later...

Well this is the final week folks...my pc as usual lags my video recorders so i wont have a decent and smooth running showcase vid until after release sometime hopefully...but heres a dose of some new stuff. character is pretty much done but im just waitin till friday to release him finally for the public

and yes ive been itchin to do that special intro versus ryu for a hot while now. Figured it would be cool to be the first to do it in mugen. haha thanks to Alpyne D words of Encouragement...eh its still 1 or 2 things i need to tweak about it but it aint much...other than thats the last intro....hes has a lot of intros and some win, lose states also..

Pics...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
&

Video (pardon the lag and read the quotes if you are curious)

see yall in the new official release thread Friday

Wonderful ! Question : possible pallet terry xiii same terry awakened v3 ? ? Sorry my english !

hmm i guess you mean will there be any KOF XIII colors in Terry? yes there is one. im not that good with slick pallets so i couldnt do the ones i really liked from that game. eh maybe someone will volunteer to do some for me after release i guess

this terry isn't an edit of warusakis and pots doesn't even have a terry for  those asking . mr. bogard is indeed homegrown and i was proud of beta testing this character. so  before everyone start getting diarrhea of the mouth , just check him out . just sayin fellas . it's gonna drop soon so save your comments for the release.

no he didnt. its a edit of another Terry. which he is editing to hell.

Ryon...you are too old to be that slow man...You do know BC tested my V3 way back early in the stages when he had no moves at all but just basic attacks that were chainable right? Im not sure whats your issue with me but you sound like a hater. i learn fast and i restarted this character 3 times V1 V2 V3

oh and im curious what terry out there do you think i edited? i need to see this so all my beta testers can laugh. cut it out man you dont have a clue and its disappointing to see you come off like that reppin for MFFA, i thought you were a experienced coder and can tell since V1 & V2 betas?,,,,,guess not smdh

No way its gonna take me freakin 4 damn years just to edit something thats ALREADY created and finally get it right in 2013??...unless you STILL forgot how quick the process to edit an already made char is seeing how Infinite and r@ce patch the hell out of characters ALREADY MADE and release a slew in days?....smh eh it doesnt matter release day is friday and all the haters will shut up then *shrugs*

This is great but question did u build this from the ground up ?

yes i did, MAJORLY. i edited my own sprites. a shit load. you want to know how i started?

1) watchin Uroz creating videos & watching BC (Bovery) videos from 2008-2009

2) taking adivce FROM VYN HIMSELF & REZA & SABAKI (IMT) & SCAR & FallenAngel & Cyanide....its called "learning" man

3) VYN told me long ago to do what he did...look at pots codes and see what he did and apply to your own the best way you can. REZA (who i am on XBOXLIVE with) said look at my character to see how to do MVC style combos. MR INFINITE looked at my terrry V3 (behind the scenes) and gave me a tip on how to make my hit pauses better

4) SHINRA358 been one of my beta testers for YEARS. anything complex i want to figure out he was there to help

5) TRIAL AND FREAKIN ERROR. i restarted this character from scratch 3 damn times and this is why everyone wants to finally see me release this character, ive come a long way. you dont have a clue man. you really dont....

I figured that just curious, as which he used pots or Wara

worst thing you can do is "figure" somethin by assuming. You do know pots DONT HAVE A TERRY? and have you seen Warusaki3 terry?? you DO know his terry doesnt have a duffle bag intro right?Warusaki3 would laugh his ass off because HE as an EXPERIENCED creator would automatically tell if i edited his character..... the best thing like danny said is WAIT UNTIL FRIDAY. dont make waves with another creator. thinking a creator stole another character. Its an insult. thats like me knowing how far VYN came with creating and knowing he started with that 3rd strike evil ryu and stepped up to those other characters and then turn around and say "nah he took Mr fongs terry and edited him"

thats a huge no no man....dont assume stuff especially if you wasnt a beta tester of mine...just sayin

Helloo all! 

As one of Kia's beta testers for a long time now. All he said is the truth and upfront.  I have seen every update and every thing he has done. He did his own and used no ones already made character . This character is made from the ground up. coding and recoding and as well as said took alot of advice and helps from great coders and creators. Kai as well sprite edited a ton of things himself .  there are even sounds he added and tweaked to his own liking himself to get a cool custom feel. 

I have tested all the updates and revamps  and have seen the hard work that has gone into this character and no one should lay any accusations of the character being someone elses unless you have tested the character and known all the work that has went into the development. 

its alot of years of trial and error and tweaking and restructuring that has gone into making this version of terry what it is and will show what he has accomplished over the years working on him to get the character to where he is in this gameplay style he chose to do. I personally felt the need to come in and comment as someone who has and still tests the characters overall gameplay and moreso and know what has gone into the character from its creation to recreation. 

Being around mugen a year after its creation for hobbyists to use freely to create whatever way you personally desire i would hope to see the community as well grow pass certain stages in feedbacks and discussions and critque with resepect. If you do not know , do not assume. Thats not a good thing wether Net or real life. 

Kai , you have had great advice help from great people and from what i have seen and tested over the years with your creative and wild out style.. it was worth it.

Congrats bro.

Friday he will be released and should be a wild blast to play as for those who like what they have seen and know where the creators vision and style is directed.  Can;t wait to see him finally done and out into the hands of the masses.  he has come a long way and you worked very hard Kai. Keep doing what your doing. 

Rebel 4 Lyfe Sun!  So says Crom Lando! lol.

I think u took some thing wrong it was a simple question and ryon actually was giving you a compliment we both made a mistake in thinking this was a edit for me it was because you had mention infinity man .. as for pots with no terry um I simply made a mistake maybe it was vans or vyn who made the other one I was thinking.. we all are looking forward to your release, I feel mffa is blunt and really doesn't care about creators wishes rather giving credit when it's due. Sharing caring

I saw your question and Ryon answered totally wrong. Plus his comment came off a lil offensive like i took a already made terry and patched the hell out of him. that in turn made you say "I figured that just curious, as which he used pots or Wara". Which i took like you believe that nonsense with him smh heh

Anyway im past and over it and in no way form or fashion i edited over VYNS char wara or MF. what you will notice i have sprites from ALL CVS terrys including the ones i edited on my own entirely which is a lot. original sounds and even some custom FX.

to set the record straight with V2 Vyn let me use his FX from his terry no problem. he didnt care. so thats probably why ryon thinks that for whatever reason. Vyn was cool about it. Long ago i used to ask him coding tips because i was gonna combine some cool tech styles in ways that he did for his chars and stuff pots did for his and what REZA did for his MVC style chars for air combos. i was studying everybody stuff for a long time and just learning on my own and going to MFG askin lil questions and looking at codes and learnin everything on my own.

Sabaki was the main guy and the first that got me into spotting bugs on screen. he was my first tester. he volunteered around V2. he saw my potential and wanted to help as a tester. and hes been loyal ever since. so when you guys download terry you WONT SEE ANY BUGS ON THE SCREEN IN DEBUG

thats it in a nut shell...

@abls1

You can still get him at Crusaders cast (the former CVG). in the hosted downloads section....dont expect the same thing you saw before in that version when V3 drops. totally different versions and quality. That AI is busted in V2 also...some times i wish i never put out those betas and just waited but eh whatever. you will see the difference