ATV3:Legendary Terry Bogard Final progress

Legendary DeMoNk@I

well what up MFFA. as some of you know ive come a long way with that AT terry progress. Terry is one of my Favorite characters and through the process of learning how to code better more and more i get to pull off more stuff that i really wanted. This is a High octane character. I am trying to capture all the energy i watched in Animes. Anyway the first two betas i released were of course me just being cool and sharing what ive done so far. to show im trying to create, to learn more from some pro creators maybe and also show where im trying to go with Terry bogard. The original idea was to make him evil since i never saw that in mugen but i changed my mind once i saw certain results. Ive learned a lot more how FX work. How Attacks and AI work so with this final version that will be soon released youll see the results of that. Dont expect entirely the same thing you all saw in V2 to be in The final complete version which is Legendary wolf you see in the videos below. V1 & V2 were things that i could only pull off with my little knowledge of coding. Hell, im STILL learning. anyway heres a past video and the recent video i did. After the videos were done i always found things to fix and make look better. Im always tweaking at him (and yes Violent Ryo is being worked on at the same time) 2011 video (mainly focusing on the new EX moves i was brewing at the time)

2012 Latest video (mainly showing off the new look of the Ultimate wolf power super)
Certain supers & EX moves are very decent at this point but are not as perfect how i really want them to be. Im usually figuring stuff out on my own and i try not to bug and ask my code advisors unless i REALLY need the help. My thing im trying to master is Hit pauses n such. i got an 85% understanding of that now since Mr Infinite shared some knowledge a while back and i studied certain things of his and even Buckus. Im no hater, you can learn from anyone! Im aware users like moves to connect properly and sharp and thats how i want this terry (and all my chars) to be Gameplay wise. Basically like my Ex power slam field goal kick move. Its not complete yet. im actually trying to nail it as a Wall Bounce hit in a certain way. today i upgraded the move so you can catch an enemy on the way down out of the air with the grab like my EX power tackle does in a combo you saw. The ultimate wolf power got updated too as far as how certain FX visuals & zooms are. its a lot cleaner than that now... His AI is a good 90% solid IMO. hella agressive so please dont b*tch about that when hes released. I dont care who says what. i made em to be able to keep up with hella aggressive characters like Pots. Rajjaa. Buckus and even Homeboy Mr infinites. Great intertainment for videos CPU VS CPU. Thanks to A JAY JAY for the bogus Ryo vs my V2 non AI updated terry a hot while back. that was early stages of me trying hard at learning AI. Im glad he made that video cuz that only fueled me to make a even meaner AI lmao....THANKS JAY JAY! Ight enough of the Wall of GOD TEXT Peace MFFA

Sooooo........

This was the Terry that i have seen multiple times around IMT/Crom......

IMO, It seems he needs a some new sprites during transitions from attacking (Power Geyser mostly) to return to is Fighting Pose.

But in all honest...

I LOVE WHAT I SEE!!!!!SO FAST!!!SO DINAMIC!!!!

Good luck bro.

Sooooo........

This was the Terry that i have seen multiple times around IMT/Crom......

IMO, It seems he needs a some new sprites during transitions from attacking (Power Geyser mostly) to return to is Fighting Pose.

But in all honest...

I LOVE WHAT I SEE!!!!!SO FAST!!!SO DINAMIC!!!!

Good luck bro.

Thanks man. Yeh that stuff is pretty much in the bag already. actually that stance you see in the video is only happening because hes fully charged up. His regular stance switches back when hes not fully charged. He also will have an idle stance that happens when he stands there doing nothing too long. Theres A LOT i didnt show in that video lol

Good to know!

Also that special is just epic.

Seems to lag as hell

Hmmmm

Are you using Marvel FX or CVS?

Is kinda hard to tell from what i see.

Yeh Ryon pretty much answered the FX question. various FX from different games. A slew of em to bring out the energy in my character just right. None MVC serious though. mmm..maybe for that lil super jump effect i think. but thats it^^

And what special are you talking about? That lag is the video recording. Anyway all i can tell you is the visual experience hands on is way better

The final move you made on that video.

oh ok. yeh thats all video lag man. youll see the difference in speed once the character is on your lab top. Lets just say my 2nd lead in Beta testing since 2010 Lando gets front row seat of all the progress live wire^^

well one last video folks....

This is just a dose of the A.I. Read the description in the video of anything else. The Raiden kof 13's AI is no joke so dont sleep on that character. gameplay wise hes great and AI hes a beast. He beats my terry 50% of the time very close matches. its a back n forth thing. anyway i just posted that to show folks who were wondering if my coding progress on AI would get better...

Laters....

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=niCkRLC-1uA

Update: concerning the video. I fixed the bug error you see happening as Terry deals the First big hit of the Big super. if you noticed Raiden vanishes for a split second. that was an error i was trying to fix. its a custom hit state. That First big hit is a Guard crush. So i fixed it properly now so that other characters dont vanish like that.

I coded in a Cheap KO animation reaction state (thats the state of animation you see in p.o.t.s characters when they are blocking and die and they fall to their knees dramatically)

An escape Grab animation state (like pots characters)

Im trying to work on a Guard Crush animation state for my own character right now to react to enemys that have one

If i get any luck i will code in a midnight bliss. ive always liked that effect in games and i am aware that some folks like that custom reaction in characters. so we will see on that....

anyway i want this to be a fun and cool character all around in its own different way.

laters

• 2 weeks later...

video is considered weeks old at this point.....but heres the final touches of that whole move...Crater Finish effect in the last round...

Inspired by Saturday Night slam masters 2. It only happens in the last round and certain themes of the custom announcer only happens last round.

(again sorry about the video recording lag folks and what you see in the video as far as FX goes was already polished afterwards)

Currently im just deleting old files, images and sounds not used in him anymore...

This here is the latest things i tweaked with his level one buster wolf. it was pretty basic before and i got tired of seeing it like that. Now its a 3 piece hit combo. the move is fully complete

View here (i wont post a video of it because the crater hit is the last video ever im posting on the project since im almost ready for final release)

Youll love this move during game play trust me^^ new Level 1 "Overshift Buster wolf"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Last blast hit send you flying away across the screen for a wall hit with the flame trails)

And i fine tuned finally how i want the gameplay of the Dead end napalm. THIS is not in V2. It replaced that super spin drill since i learned how to what i wanted. basically theres two things that happen depending on the enemy blocking or not. if you miss youll just do a custom miss animation BUT when the enemy blocks youll see this happen now

He does a safe flip away at a smooth distance instead of just being blocked and sky falling. i wanted him to be dynamic as much as possible

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lastly, For the record everyone here at MFFA understand this. My character has 14 supers in complete total. yes 14. ALL DIFFERENT. dont trip. ive downloaded and im aware that there are characters out there with 20-28!! and 90% of the moves are the total same just with different damage levels. which is pretty corney in my opinion. Mugen means infinity and youre imagination should go further than that. My creation style will never be like that. so get used to it folks. Im passionate about my creations and youll see that in my terry

i have to say testing this character through the stages he has went through has been amazing with each one you have done. You have added in alot of original custom moves and the energy he gives off during gameplay is crazy.  so far he playing very solid and i enjoy pulling off the various chains in combos to specials to hypers in cool sequences. Keep up the great work in finishing him off and the new wips you got coming with the same wildness and creative energy bro. 

i have to say testing this character through the stages he has went through has been amazing with each one you have done. You have added in alot of original custom moves and the energy he gives off during gameplay is crazy.  so far he playing very solid and i enjoy pulling off the various chains in combos to specials to hypers in cool sequences. Keep up the great work in finishing him off and the new wips you got coming with the same wildness and creative energy bro. 

Thanks Lando! Yo i just finished adding an EX guard cancel. basically now you can block and then cancel into a roll away to safety.

I also added a regular roll dodge too. very simular to pots and vyns roll dodge. added in some more custom frames for that. in some time youll get to test that also. seems pretty smooth so far. i figured hell if vyn and pots could have fun with their dodge moves in characters why not lol