[N64] Super Mario 64

MugoUrth

I was playing Super Mario 64 and realized the visuals give me a headache. I'm not a graphic whore but those graphics just really suck man. I wish they could make more textures because It hurts my eyes quickly.

First N64 game and more of a publicly-released tech demo, as it uses all features of the N64, so there's bound to be some crappy aspects - Nintendo didn't know what the N64 was capable of way back when, but hardware limitations still prevented use of high-poly models and textures with tons of colour on them. They had to compromise on the graphical aspect of F-Zero X in order to keep a framerate of 60fps; look at the F-Zero racer models when racing - not many faces on those models, are there? Not to mention they used solid colours rather than textures. And then came the GameCube...oh hell yeah! The DS' first game was SM64DS, funny enough :=D:

First N64 game and more of a publicly-released tech demo, as it uses all features of the N64, so there's bound to be some crappy aspects - Nintendo didn't know what the N64 was capable of way back when, but hardware limitations still prevented use of high-poly models and textures with tons of colour on them. They had to compromise on the graphical aspect of F-Zero X in order to keep a framerate of 60fps; look at the F-Zero racer models when racing - not many faces on those models, are there? Not to mention they used solid colours rather than textures.

And then came the GameCube...oh hell yeah!

The DS' first game was SM64DS, funny enough :=D:

I don't enjoy racing games too much. Mario kart is even close to my favorite Mario title neither. But F-Zero ran at 60fps? That's pretty fast if you think about it. Especially for the N64. Oh and Super Mario 64 DS was a good game :3 I loved it as a kid.

Actually I dont Mind them Ummmm How Did it hurt you?

Because of how colorful it was. Many of the textures also are colorful as well. The sky's background in levels like Rainbow Cruise give me even more of a headache. I think it'll be fixed if I decrease the color value on my tv. I'll probably see if that works tomorrow.