The X position is in the middle but why not the Y position?

GTFoxN6Y

Question

I was trying to make a hyper combo Finnish background go in the middle, but when the player jumps up, the background STILL on the ground and the Y position IS not in the middle completely.

I tried to use this code:

[State 0, PosAdd]

type = PosAdd

trigger1 = 1

x = 0

y = 0

;ignorehitpause = 1

but that`s don`t work. Can you show me how to force the Y position in the middle?

7 answers to this question

0 on the Y axis is the floor.
PosAdd adds to the current position by the amount(s) specified. A PosAdd with 0 for both its X and Y parameters does nothing.

Why not simply make the effect an Explod? Explods are positioned relative to the screen, so you can set the Y pos value to gameheight*0.5 and give it a postype of back.

1 hour ago, Nodog said:

From the looks of your post, you're trying to force a background to stay in one spot, correct? If so, there's no need for a PosAdd. Instead, you should code your background as an Explod with the bindtime set to -1.

Okay thanks!

I was trying to make a hyper combo ready helper go in the middle, but when the player jumps up, the background STILL on the ground and not in the middle completely:

Like this:

ezgif-2-0f7c5e70508f.gif

I tried this code:
[State 0, PosAdd]
type = PosAdd
trigger1 = 1
x = 0
y = 0
;ignorehitpause = 1

but that`s don`t work. Can you show me how to put the Y position in the middle just like the X position is in the middle?

8 minutes ago, PlasmoidThunder said:

You could've just bumped your old thread.

Ok it`s fixed. Like i was saying, Can you show me how to put the Y position in the middle just like the X position is in the middle? Look above for more details.

2 hours ago, PlasmoidThunder said:

0 on the Y axis is the floor.
PosAdd adds to the current position by the amount(s) specified. A PosAdd with 0 for both its X and Y parameters does nothing.

Why not simply make the effect an Explod? Explods are positioned relative to the screen, so you can set the Y pos value to gameheight*0.5 and give it a postype of back.

Hey it Worked!!😄  Thanks man!