OC Shotoclone Collection

Basara-kun

15 minutes ago, Meldo said:

uh, no? I'm sure that's not what Basara was going for in the first place

i mean people suggested it.

On 4/5/2023 at 9:01 PM, snowy997 said:

So i suppose it would be better for him to rename the thread to Shotoclone edits collection.

We will need to wait for Basara to give his opinion.

I think this is going out of control with the spam of chars you put in these last 2 pages.

But yeah, the objective of this collection is to get OCs that were based on actual shotoclones, not Evil/Rare/Violent/Etc shotoclones that actually exist.

Saying this, I won't accept any new entries and the ones before my last post won't be added until I make a cleanup of this thread... and eventually make a new collection with edits of Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Dan and all the others. Again I don't have enough time recently to update my collections, so you'll have to wait a bit until I fix this

On 4/24/2023 at 10:23 PM, Basara-kun said:

the objective of this collection is to get OCs that were based on actual shotoclones, not Evil/Rare/Violent/Etc shotoclones that actually exist.

As expected, which I'm totally on board.

On 4/24/2023 at 10:23 PM, Basara-kun said:

Again I don't have enough time recently to update my collections, so you'll have to wait a bit until I fix this

Totally understandable. I can wait. Take your time. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Meldo said:

with Basara's consent, I managed to clean up this collection a bit. for the creations that has been removed from this thread, you can find them on any SF related collection.

Hmm, seems like you removed too much? Why did you remove Hoshikuro, The Fighter, Reeyou, Akumeme, Shotoclown, Spin To, Captain Ameriken, and Cool?

5 hours ago, Charmugen said:

Hmm, seems like you removed too much? Why did you remove Hoshikuro, The Fighter, Reeyou, Akumeme, Shotoclown, Spin To, Captain Ameriken, and Cool?

They're removed because they're not original characters. Hoshikuro for instance is just another name for Evil Dan.

47 minutes ago, Meldo said:

They're removed because they're not original characters.

I could see why for Hoshikuro (which for Hoshikuro I'm getting extra confirmation and clarification from Nocturnis himself soon), but The Fighter, Reeyou, Akumeme, Shotoclown, Spin To, Captain Ameriken, and Cool I disagree. IMO, they are original characters. Why did you think I raised the question knowing this was an OC shotoclone thread in the first place?

I would like Basara-kun to give his two cents, please. @Basara-kun

But in the end, if these chars don't get added in this collection, so be it. I'm fine with that. Many will have to get added in other collections, which they haven't yet.

1 hour ago, Charmugen said:

The Fighter, Reeyou, Akumeme, Shotoclown, Spin To, Captain Ameriken, and Cool I disagree. IMO, they are original characters.

while the creations you mentioned have different movesets, they are not entirely original. if I were to take a Ryu and give him Dudley's moves or any original move I could think of while leaving his palette/sprites intact, it'd still be classified as a Ryu creation even with a name change.

also The Fighter is literally Ryu under a different name. it even has "Ryu" in its folder name.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks, they were replaced 😉

And guys, don't be impatient, the Edited Shotoclone Collection will be made eventually, but there's so much material to start with. It will be done, but won't be too soon, so just wait about it. Also, thanks to @Meldo for helping me with the collection. Your entries of edited Ryu, Ken, Akuma and etc will be added to that collection, I promise 😉 

• 4 months later...

So much time I didn't go here. Yeah, I updated the collection with a lot of the OCs you found in the past 2 pages, thanks to all who found some of those hidden jewels. Also, I found Zorc by Zorc in my DOSM files, so I reuploaded for the collection 😉

Ah, and apart of the "no-Ryu/Ken/Akuma/Dan-on-the-name" rule, I added two more:

-No recreations of existing characters from other franchises as shotoclones, so chars like SFI Angela Anaconda, ShotoGuile, Ironfist Ryu or A-ko won't be added

-Only original sprites edited from shotoclones, there're not allowed sprites from existing games (mostly bootlegs and fangames), so SCWU Rario or the ones from Downtown no Gottsu Ee Kanji won't be included either