How do I add an hyper background to a character?

GTFoxN6Y

Question

9 answers to this question

find other characters then, kfm is very basic (although a very good one to start with), it doesn't have animated bg for hypers.. as far as I remember...

download some street fighter alpha  or mvc characters, for example, they use animated bg for hypers

also I suggest you to take a look at the "sctrls"  file which contains the controller for animations. unfortunely I'm out of shape as regards coding so I cannot tell you exactly how to achieve that. it will be funnier for you to study and discover 😉

I'm not making mugen stuff for a year or something, shouldn't feel entitled of visiting mugen forums tbh lol but  I can tell you the best way is to test a char in practice mode, with debug enabled in data/mugen.cfg, then press ctrl+D, check "stateno" of the move you want to study, find it on the char's cns file and you have what you need.

come on guys, I'm 33 years old. I'm done with internet drama like this, too old for this.

whatever the problem may be, try to forgive. holding a grudge is bad for the soul, and being many against one is bullyism/lynching. it's not like beating the guy up will make him more resolute, just angrier. I know this by experience. Don't make people angry, it's no good. It's bad karma.

let's keep a compassioante attitude, let's try to understand each other or else it's chaos.... 😕

Have you checked the controller instructions in sctrls file from mugen/docs ?

probably there's some parameters you're missing.

PosSet and PosAdd, as far as I can remember, make the character move or be positioned in a specific part of the stage.

KFM is a good char to start, but I suggest you to use and adapt (this means to study it, by looking at the controller from sctrls doc file) the code from  another char that uses more complex stuff, like a SFA or MVC character.

First of all enable debug in mugen.cfg.

Then go to practice mode with a char that uses hyper bg.

Press ctrl+D to enable debug messages, make the char do the hyper bg move.

Check STATENO and that's the state you should look for in the char's cns to see how the creator of the char managed to make it look right.

btw, I thought I have responded to this but my comment wasn't posted or is it deleted?

On 6/11/2020 at 8:23 AM, mulambo said:

Have you checked the controller instructions in sctrls file from mugen/docs ?

probably there's some parameters you're missing.

PosSet and PosAdd, as far as I can remember, make the character move or be positioned in a specific part of the stage.

KFM is a good char to start, but I suggest you to use and adapt (this means to study it, by looking at the controller from sctrls doc file) the code from  another char that uses more complex stuff, like a SFA or MVC character.

First of all enable debug in mugen.cfg.

Then go to practice mode with a char that uses hyper bg.

Press ctrl+D to enable debug messages, make the char do the hyper bg move.

Check STATENO and that's the state you should look for in the char's cns to see how the creator of the char managed to make it look right.

btw, I thought I have responded to this but my comment wasn't posted or is it deleted?

I just deleted the old one and remade the new one so you can understand better.

I just deleted the old one and remade the new one

what are you referring to ? the old kfm ?

have you tried doing as I said ?

have you read what I told you in the previous comment  and followed the instructions ?