[MUGEN 1.0/1.1] Ranno (Rivals of Aether) Released!

Joey S.

HE'S FINALLY HERE!!

Ranno, The Poisonous Pacifist from Rivals of Aether has now officially made his way into MUGEN! To be honest, I was kinda expecting people to make the RoA cast sooner thanks to their popular Steam Workshop content, with it being considered as "MUGEN except Smash-style". Nonetheless, I am proud of the work I put into my first stand-alone character and I hope you are too.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

UnMGmJw.png
BrvZUX4.png
STjVSgT.png

As always, feedback is much appreciated. Thank you and see ya later!

Download him here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x9VRmuYHK6PRXR6hvpMSFPCpBjdG4Mjs
Or from my website: http://joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen/ranno

Hi, AI guy here with a rebuttal.

32 minutes ago, DS12 said:

- Nice job covering up the fact that you "copy and pasted" my super jump coding.

Jesus Christ, go back to early 2010s. You can't get away with "waah stolen coding" anymore. If he knows what the code does to a T, he should be allowed to use it however he wants. I'm willing to bet YOUR super jump code is even original in of itself.

- Unless this was done in the RoA game itself, there's no time limit to how long you can keep doing Frog Flurry (same goes for poison darts, but in this case, charging).

Yes, that's source accurate.

- Honeslty, I think splashdown should send the opponent higher and while falling down fast and hitting the ground hard

...uhh...w-what??

- Apparently this: https://streamable.com/e2i66j was caused by the coding you used for the air toxic tongue throw below:

[State 1021,0];Got hit out? LET THEM GO!
type = SelfState
trigger1 = !gethitvar(isbound)
value = 5050

Fix please.

...okay, that was a miscommunication with a suggestion I made. I'll tell him about it.

- Are the b/f rolls and Air dodge supposed to be...dodges? If so, then why is Ranno immune to throws EXCEPT for that one startup frame? He shouldn't be. Also, Ranno's supposed to go THROUGH the opponent while dodging. 

Yeah, it's true, but mind cooling it? It almost sounds like this is personal.

- So apparently this pic below is supposed be a parry (according to what the readme says) cause that's how parries work, except that's not how parries work. If anything, this should be considered a COUNTER.

It's called a parry in the source game, so it's called a parry. Get over it.

- The bubble for toxic trap can stick to the ground, so why not the walls? Makes it easier if you ask me.

Not everything has to be easy, though judging by your revisions to Joey's Brevon edit, you like your moves to be spoonfed to you.

- Also, when I counter the bubble explosion (with ranno), it makes a clone. 

Will ask him to fix it.

- Amphibious Assault can give back power from two hits.

Will ask him to fix it.

Yeah, sorry about all that. I released the character and just-so-happened to not save the stuff that got fixed beforehand.

Now almost everything that's been listed here is fixed and ready to go.

10 minutes ago, DS12 said:

I will admit I did get the super jump coding from some other character and that the game is open-source, but why do you think I quoted "copy and paste?" Just because I said it, doesn't mean I'll cry my ass off over it. So, "Get over it."

What do you mean by, "cooling it?" I just explained the flaws about his dodge and how a dodge should generally work. You're seeing things, bud. 

I will admit I should've asked if it was from the source game, " but mind cooling it? It almost sounds like this is personal."

Nice rebuttal. But seriously, lighten up already. You're acting as if almost all of my feedback I listed here is basically...a dick move. Well lemme ask you something, kid: If I can't list everything I see that isn't right in any character for that matter, how can I expect the author to improve? I've been doing this with wlanmaniaX in order for him to improve the quality of his characters and I don't see anyone calling me out.

Jesus, can you stop being so damn condescending? You literally have no right to be a dick about your feedback and act all pompous about stuff that you yourself have gotten wrong. Get off your high horse and get real for a change. I'm only reciprocating the attitude you gave Joey. You don't treat other the way you want to be treated, you'll be treated the way you treat others. That's life.

I'm not gonna derail this thread because you can act all high and mighty about your feedback and can't put your money where your mouth is.

5 minutes ago, DS12 said:

You're acting as if almost all of my feedback I listed here is basically...a dick move. Well lemme ask you something, kid: If I can't list everything I see that isn't right in any character for that matter, how can I expect the author to improve? I've been doing this with wlanmaniaX in order for him to improve the quality of his characters and I don't see anyone calling me out.

Listen man, feedback is cool and all. I get that. 
Trust me, I'm no Wlan. I'm willing to take any and all feedback given to me seriously and actually improve upon my works.
But what I'm not willing to do is take rudeness from said feedback lightly. Spurting out things like "YOU TOOK MY SUPER JUMP CODE" in the most passive-aggressive way possible is not what I take into consideration.

There's indeed something known as "giving feedback and NOT coming off as overly rude".

Please practice it more before you derail a release thread like this again, okay?

Forgot to mention. Ranno got some fixes over the past few days.

(6/17/20) - Adjusted Ranno's "Stars of Mutiny" custom port, fixed a debug flood with Toxic Trap's finish and a bug that repeated super finish's background every time a super hit.

(6/15/20) - How in god's name did I manage to make a typo in WINQUOTES? Fixed.

(6/03/20) - He's got a new stun animation. Dunno how I overlooked it, but I found it when playing RoA against Dronk lmao

(5/29/20) - Fixed a bug where the AI attempts to air block when being launched (which isn't a thing) and ends up being teleported to the ground.

(5/28/20) - Fixed a random typo I made in the .cmd file causing Ranno to cancel JUMPING medium into STANDING heavy. Whoops.

(5/27/20) - Fixed some AI compatability issues and Toxic Tongue because I did a bad. 😕

The fixed version uses the same link, so no worries.

• 1 month later...

Bumping because (thanks to Dawn De Era) new changes have been made that I consider big enough to be dubbed Ranno's "Version 1.1".

- Ranno is now better suited for Simul play! He now has two separate stack gauges for each player if he faces against a 2-player team.

- Toxic Trap's detonation has been mapped to the Start button, can be done anywhere and will explode instantly if Ranno is performing a different move when detonating. Detonation also does not put players into a SuperPause.

- In addition, Ranno is now completely invulnerable when moving the Toxic Trap bubble.

(7/05/20) - Ranno now has a damage dampener that affects all of his moves except his Level 3.

(8/05/20) - Fixed a damage dampener error I made where Poison Darts did no damage at all.

(8/07/20) - Fixed a "1-th enemy" debug flood error being caused through Ranno's simul mode checks in triggers.

• 2 months later...