SpongeBob SquarePants

N_N

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Believe it or not, there's a few pieces of M.U.G.E.N Lost Media relating to SpongeBob in-general & since this is a "SpongeBob Collection", I might as well detail one of them on here. The one that I want to mention on here is MugenJF's 1st version of SpongeBob & if you basically don't know about this, MugenJF made an earlier version of his SpongeBob that was sprite-swap of N64Mario's Metool character. The 2nd version is obliviously easy to come by (as it's literally in the collection I think?), however the 1st version that MugenJF made has become Lost Media since Late June - Early July 2007 (16 years ago now, as I'm writing this reply) & I'm pretty sure that no one has it in their roster anymore (again this was made in 2007, so expect to see inactive users who had the character at some point).

The download link for the 1st version was up for a few days on his website but it was unfortunately taken down due to the backlash of that the character received (we all know on how people on here hate sprite-swaps, so we all know where this is going) & it was later replaced by his sprite-swapped 2nd version (aka the version that's in the collection already, which called "Release 2.0 Evolution"). Also I'm not joking btw & I even have some evidence to prove that this character did indeed exist at one point (Credit to GhostSonic for the video):

• 3 months later...

Whew. Finally updated this collection after who knows how long. Got 99% of the suggestions added except for Super Dark Spongebob (whose link seemed to be dead). Also I tried to make the collection look a lot nicer visually by hiding characters in spoilers so that you wouldn't be barraged with a million .gifs at once. I removed most of the .gifs for the edits for the same reason.

Re: earlier MugenJF Spongebob, I'm the one who added him to the "Mugen lost media" wiki 😛 though that said you have reminded me to add him to the collection, so good call on that part.

• 4 months later...