Jenny

Valgallah

10 hours ago, Pluscross said:

I don't remember any Jennies in Super Mario Galaxy.

I'm going to buy it again though to find her, she looks really adorable.

She's not from Super Mario Galaxy, but from a game called Shoujo Mahou Gakuen, a fighting game. You can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I97jPPH7NE

Anyway, I've been waiting eagerly for her release. Can't wait to test her out and see what you've added!

EDIT: Plays similar to how she does in the source game, although I see that you increased the cost of Jenny Slasher(not to mention actually making it consistent and not cause the game to crash, nor make her permanently float in the air) and changed Jenny Sonic from being used by mashing X to 646 X/Y. Although I do like the improved version with the use of Y, I'm still curious as to why you changed it to something a bit more complex than before. Jenny Slasher definitely needed a nerf, by the way, so I welcome the one you've done. Removing the ability to spam Jenny Tackle does make her weaker as well, but the damage makes the change necessary in my opinion as an Updraft Escape can be used to grant her a second tackle, although it's much slower. Will update this as I find out more!

EDIT 2: Should've seen that Monika palette...

EDIT 3: Found a bug with her 5y. If she hits an opponent with her 5y while standing close to them, it will allow her to rapidly cancel any moves she may be doing while the gust is hitting them, allowing for someone to spam Jenny Tackle multiple times, though I've only managed to use it 3 times in a row without canceling it into another Jenny Tackle or move. So far, it's the only bug I've found, but it's a great conversion of her from what I've played, and something like that is very tame when compared to what happens in the actual game. Excellent job once again!

On 3/21/2018 at 10:10 PM, A person said:

Plays similar to how she does in the source game, although I see that you increased the cost of Jenny Slasher(not to mention actually making it consistent and not cause the game to crash, nor make her permanently float in the air) and changed Jenny Sonic from being used by mashing X to 646 X/Y. Although I do like the improved version with the use of Y, I'm still curious as to why you changed it to something a bit more complex than before.

About Jenny Sonic, the input was changed because I find the move hard to do in the air or during a dash without doing a normal attack first.

On 3/21/2018 at 10:10 PM, A person said:

Found a bug with her 5y. If she hits an opponent with her 5y while standing close to them, it will allow her to rapidly cancel any moves she may be doing while the gust is hitting them, allowing for someone to spam Jenny Tackle multiple times, though I've only managed to use it 3 times in a row without canceling it into another Jenny Tackle or move.

5y? you mean her "standing" y, well the move has been tweaked a bit and hopefully the bug is gone.

Anyways, file updated.