Mugen 1.1b1 doesn't detect any order above 3

A person

Question

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to get my MUGEN 1.1b1 to detect a character's order. It can pick up order 1, order 2, and order 3, but strangely, anything with an order above 3 appears in order 1. I'm not sure if I need characters in order 4, order 5, order 6, and so on in order for it to pick up order 9 or even order 30 characters, but I'm unsure if that would work. This never happened in MUGEN 1.0 as I have several order 30 characters that have never appeared in order 1, and I don't have any characters in any order between 7 and 30. Do all characters need an order number for MUGEN 1.1b1 to pick up all order numbers, or do I need a newer MUGEN 1.1 version for it to work? Thanks in advance.

let me see how you put your order in select.def

every order need stageName or random after characterName,

ex:

kfm,stages/kfmstg.def,order=2      ;working

kfm2,random,order=2                 ;working

kfm3,order=2                               ;not working , the order is not readable and return as default number which is order=1

do not use spacebar character after characterName,

arcade.maxmatches= used against single

team.maxmatches= used against simul or turn

I've also found another issue with 1.1b1. I have my max matches set to 10,5,1 for arcade, yet I just played it out and I found something very interesting: There were 10 order 1 matches, and for the first few fights the correct order characters appeared, and then it was scrambled up. However, there were only 2 order 2 fights, both being with characters in that order, and then there was an order 3 fight with the correct character, and then Arcade was cleared. As opposed to there being 16 fights, there were only 13. I'm not sure what it is with 1.1b1, but something tells me the issue is hard-wired.

that zero number is your problem

0=skip fighting

fight 10 times against random characters with order=1 or without any order

fight 5   times against random characters with order=2

fight 1   times against random characters with order=3

fight 0   times against random characters with order=4

etc

Are you sure? All of my characters have an order number now, but I'm seeing order 2 and order 3 characters appearing in order 1 on occasion. It also isn't like this in MUGEN 1.0, where my setup is like this:

arcade.maxmatches = 10,9,1,8,5,1,1,0,0,0
team.maxmatches = 10,9,1,8,5,2,1,0,0,0

I only had the same problems in MUGEN 1.0 when characters were over order 30, but when the ones that weren't supposed to be fought were in order 30, the problems went away. Most of my characters in MUGEN 1.0 don't even have an order number, but characters still appear in their proper order.

Here's an example:

PinkBeen, stages/stage0-720.def, music=sound/15_Equinox-Boss.mp3, order=5

That's how it is in MUGEN 1.0, and it works perfectly fine. Some are even like this:

drake,, order=2

And it still works.

However, here's an example of a character that appears in the proper order:

Grizela, order=2

And another:

w_sonna/m11.def, stages/DFO_MythologicalBridge.def, includestage=0, order=2

But this one does NOT appear in the proper order:

Heart-GG-Remake, stages/DFO_MythologicalBridge.def, includestage=0, order=9

So what you've shown an example of doesn't seem to apply to me as I have tried the no spaces method as well, but I still get the same issue.

EDIT: This one also doesn't appear in the proper order:

w_linne, order=9

if this one appear in order 1

Heart-GG-Remake, stages/DFO_MythologicalBridge.def, includestage=0, order=9

rewrite it to

Heart-GG-Remake,stages/DFO_MythologicalBridge.def,order=9,includestage=0

or if you doens't want to fight that char in any arcade

Heart-GG-Remake,stages/DFO_MythologicalBridge.def,order=0,includestage=0

Won't that cause issues, though? I looked at the tutorial for setting up the select.def, but it doesn't say that order should come before includestage. I'll see if it helps, though.

EDIT: I don't think that's actually going to help in the slightest because this one:

CastlevaniaSOTN_Alchemy-Lab_BOSSES, stages/AlchemyLab_BossStage.def, includestage=1, order=3

appears in the proper order and it isn't in that format. I'm starting to think that this is an issue with numbers and not an issue with how my select.def is set up.

i forgot you only has 10 value in your arcade.maxmatches = 10,9,1,8,5,1,1,0,0,0

when you has char with order value above 10 it can trigger the bug.

to fix that add more number at least to 30 like this one

arcade.maxmatches=2,1,2,2,1,1,1,1,2,2 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1
team.maxmatches=  6,0,1,0,1,1,1,0,0,0 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,1 ,0

I found a character in order 30 on my roster, so I just fixed that. However, it doesn't explain that for my MUGEN 1.0. There are 188 characters in my MUGEN 1.0 that are in order 30, and none of them have appeared in any order they weren't supposed to be in. The only time it happened was when they were in order 99, and I haven't modified arcade.maxmatches or team.maxmatches in order to go up to order 30.

EDIT: Even after lowering the order 30 character's order to 9, it still occurs as the first match I did in arcade pit me against an order 2 character instead of an order 1 character.

Everything is correct, but from experimenting further, I think you may be right about the stage having to be there. Only 2 order 2 characters appear now, and they're the only order 2 characters with stages. I'll set all characters with no stage to a random stage to see if that does anything.

EDIT: It looks like that was the issue all along. Strange, considering that it isn't present in MUGEN 1.0, but it's present in this version.

2 hours ago, Demitri said:

so the ordering works if you assign each char a stage and the ones you don't want to appear a value of 9? (if im following you guys correctly)

Every character in arcade mode needs to be assigned to a stage, even if said stage is 'random'; omitting the stage parameter will cause ordering problems. If you want to prevent a character from appearing in arcade mode, give it an order of 0, though you'll still need to give it a stage, else it'll still appear.

5 minutes ago, GarchompMatt said:

Every character in arcade mode needs to be assigned to a stage, even if said stage is 'random'; omitting the stage parameter will cause ordering problems. If you want to prevent a character from appearing in arcade mode, give it an order of 0, though you'll still need to give it a stage, else it'll still appear.

not sure if i hate 1.1, the engine, or just.....

anyway thanks for the clarification. now i gotta relearn how this order nonsense works so i can set a real roster D: