Idea for a Ryu never done

Daniel

I've been researching the history of the first Street Fighter, and I was surprised when I discovered that the two creators of the original game, did not participate in its sequences, but created the SNK, and made Art of Fighting and Fatal Fury. Thinking about it, I wondered how it would be Ryu, if they had kept the rights to the character. I believe that Ryu would have Sakazaki surname, and would have a sister named Yuri and a friend, called perhaps Ken Roberts...

Thinking about it, I would suggest to do the Ryu Sakazaki. The look of Ryu with Karate Kyokugen style blows. What do you think?

You posted this in wrong section, moved Mugen Discussion board.

I´m so sorry. This will not happen again.

I can't really imagine it.

You can not imagine? What I imagine is a Ryu with the Stance of FatalFurySpecial's Ryo, or KoFXIII's Ryo ... With slightly reddish hair, or just with reddish tips, to show that he dyed, making a reference to SF1. Perhaps even Guy´s hair in SFAlpha, to differentiate it more ... basic attacks as miscellany of basic attacks of Makoto (SF3), Ryo (KoF, FFSpecial), Robert (KoFXIII) and Takuma (Kof). Special attacks: Shoryuken (Ryu SFAlpha), Ryuugeki Ken (Robert KoF95), Hien Shippu Kyaku (Ryo FFSpecial), ZanretsuKen (Ryo KoF); And the Special Finishers: Ryuuko Ranbu, Haou Shokouken and Tenchihahouken (Ryo Kof). Can you imagine now?

How about a Ryu that uses attacks that are similar to SFA3 custom combo's, but made to be more fluid and relevant to physics. So with punches, he wouldn't be able to mix constant heavy punches together. Rather, he'd be able to use light punches that are fast, and kind of 'light-stun' the enemy after a while. Then he'd either finish with a heavy 'knockback' attack, follow through with a couple medium attacks, or use a grapple. Using a stamina bar, he'd be limited to how many of what attacks to use. However, his fighting style would make him about as versatile as Killer Instinct fighters. Special instances would allow him to use more complicated combos kind of like a command list combo in Tekken, except being more versatile than Tekken. Chaining two light punches, a medium punch, a heavy kick, and a heavy punch (with proper timing to boot) will result in a flurry of punches and a double roundhouse kick, followed by jumping attack to the grounded opponent (downward thrust). In short, any good timing and realistic thinking will yield devastating results. The stamina bar replenishes while not attacking, defending, or dodging/dashing/jumping. Rather, simple maneuvers like crouching and walking will allow the bar to refill, with standing still and crouching refilling it faster than while walking. Special moves like the Hadouken and Shoryuken are operated normally, and can also be used in conjunction with normal attacks. These attacks will draw from a Ki meter, which operates in a similar way to the stamina meter, albeit with differences. These attacks can be used for as long as the bar has ANY meter left. Spamming will drain it faster (especially if the attack misses the opponent.), and attacks can be charged (which will drain more meter in exchange for more power). If the Ki meter is empty, further use of specials will drain the stamina meter until the Ki meter is COMPLETELY refilled. Running out of Stamina will leave Ryu in an exhausted state; either waiting 10 seconds for Stamina to refill or being attacked will bring him back to his feet. Instead of having a tiered powerbar, he has a rage meter. By pulling off long combos and maintaining the Ki and Stamina meters, Ryu can enter a state which allows him 2x speed and strength, full powered specials, unlimited Ki and Stamina, as well as double jumps, air dashes, and an Ultra attack that will do devastating damage, but also leave Ryu in an exhausted state and empty the rage meter. Evil Ryu mode has Ryu in a permanent Rage, but with only 1.5x stats and no Ultra (aside from a one-time Shun Goku Satsu, which is available at low health). Shin Ryu mode also has unlimited rage, but has normal stats, electrical permutations, and the allowance of 3 Ultra's.

This topic suddenly reminded me of this:

4qpvvox.png

Hard to believe this thing was made 8 years ago

O_o ... really ?! It has a download link?

There is a Sakura edit that has Kyokugen moves, though.

Yes, I saw. It was really cool! It would be nice to have a Ryu with the movements of Kyokugen now, right ?!