Custom GNG Lucifer by Borewood2013 (Updated 09/03/15)

Sir Ghostler

I hope it's not like his AB King, where it only works in its own stage, but generally speaking Borewood makes decent characters.  I'll DL it and give it a try.

I'm not sure what to make of this thing.  It must have some weird formula for taking damage, because it has the normal 1000 life and 100 defense, but even overpowered characters with one-hit-kill attacks can't defeat it.  Most of the time, I lose by Time Over (since he didn't disable the timer on this character), so it appears that I'm not doing any damage at all.

Also, the "background" actually seems to sit way in the foreground, so that some of my characters are actually invisible because they appear behind Lucifer's background.  I can't even see how much health it has using characters with built-in lifebars (like GLaDOS), because they, too, appear behind Lucifer.

I'll check the updated version.  Edit: Nope, all those things are still the same.  I don't think I can use this one without some code tinkering.  (And I'm not sure where to find any of those things that are causing issues)

Edit again: I tried using the None's Giygas, since his custom lifebar actually does appear in front of Lucifer, and I can see that Lucifer isn't, in fact, taking any damage from anything I do.  He does the animation as if he's getting hurt, but his Life isn't going down.  Eventually, I got a "Game Over" message and Lucifer just froze, but he still had 100% HP, and the round didn't end.

Updated today (09/03/15).

- Ok, I now give SprPriority = -5 to GNG Lucifer's background and body, and SprPriority = -4 to its head and limbs.
  Therefore, it shall not cover other MUGEN characters' sprites most of the times.
  The reason I used a different way for GNG Lucifer's background and body is that, I didn't want to put my AB King's
  "you must play it with its own MUGEN stage!" restriction on to my GNG Lucifer.........
- Added a flag = timerfreeze to AssertSpecial so the game timer is frozen now.
- This is the damage-taking system of GNG Lucifer BEFORE this fix:
  I made it that GNG Lucifer's head takes damages from P2's normal attacks and normal Projectile only.
  And the GNG Lucifer's head life decrease takes place only in the GNG Lucifer's head's got-hit state.
  GNG Lucifer's head's get-hit animation plays, even when P2's attacks belong to specials and/or supers,
  which is wrong before this fix....
  GNG Lucifer's head's Life value is 1000.
  When GNG Lucifer's head's Life >= 500 and each time a hit causes 50 damage to it.
  When GNG Lucifer's head's Life < 500 and each time a hit causes 20 damage to it.
- This is the damage-taking system of GNG Lucifer AFTER this fix:
  I made it that GNG Lucifer's head takes damages from P2's normal attacks and normal Projectile only.
  And the GNG Lucifer's head life decrease takes place only in the GNG Lucifer's head's got-hit state.
  Now, after this fix, GNG Lucifer's head's get-hit animation plays, only when P2's attacks belong to normals.
  GNG Lucifer's head's Life value is 1000.
  When GNG Lucifer's head's Life >= 500 and each time a hit causes 50 damage to it.
  When GNG Lucifer's head's Life < 500 and each time a hit causes 20 damage to it.
- I re-checked the Win/Lose/DrawGame case of both GNG Lucifer and P2 and found some minor error so I fixed
  it and now the match should end normally under every Win/Lose/DrawGame case.....

Well, I can see my characters again and I know when I'm actually hitting him, so ... I guess this can go into my Boss pile.  (Though it doesn't work very well for the Boss vs. Boss fights I like to watch while I'm puttering about the house)