Sinestro by Chimoru, Buyog, Larramones & Iron Angelus Released (11/06/2014)

gui0007

[ORIGINAL TOPIC]

http://mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/t4748-sinestro-by-chimoru-buyog-larramones-and-iron-angelus-released

[MOVELIST]

1tVmX42.jpg

[DEMO VIDEO]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S63fhYYRiqw

[AUTHOR WORDS]

Thanks to Buyog, Larramones and Iron Angelus for the work they did and gave to me to continue.  Without their efforts, I could not have released him.

I hope Sinestro is a fun and enjoyable character for you to play with.  

I appreciate and enjoy the work that everyone else does and it's nice to finally give a little back to the MUGEN Community that I love so much!

=================== star3.png 11/09 UPDATE! star3.png ===================

He has been updated and I believe that his errors are all fixed FINALLY!

I added a 3 button Super Jump, and tweaked the sensitivity of the Down, Up method too.

I've also made his Hypers aerial as well, with the exception of his Level 3, Sinestro's Might.  

(It wouldn't play nice and jumped around the screen. ) icon_razz.gif

=================== star3.png DOWNLOAD HERE! star3.png ===================

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gbop5fuzvymrzzz/Sinestro.rar

This looks really good compared to what MMV usually releases, especially because Buyog has worked on it and I know he's a good creator. Awesome news gui!

Thanks bro. And yeah, really a nice creation. :)

Well this looks fun. Sinestro's a pretty cool villain, so I wonder how it'll turn out. Already I have a gripe though: the commands in the moveset are rather boring. Nothing but quarter circles and a single DP motion. I know QCs are both user friendly and keyboard friendly, but it makes the moves that they are attached to harder to remember. In the middle of playing with characters whose supers are nothing but quarter circles I often forget what command triggers which move. I know it's MvC styled, and supers done in that style are typically done with a quarter circle and two buttons, but it's still irritating for me.

Maybe It's just me because I am sure there are characters from mainstream games that have mostly quarter circles for their moves (Like Terry Bogard in KOF 98+, who is one of my favorite fighting game chars of all time) and they get away with it because I've used them in multiple games, and Sinestro hasn't been in any (well, he's been in Injustice, but this char abandons that and shoots for MvC). I'm trying to be helpful, and probably screwed up in doing so, but hey. that's what I got so far.

I'll be testing this guy. I'm hoping I can see past the quarter circle thingy because Sinestro is a favorite villain of mine.

Oh, it's finally done!  I have the RC2 beta of this character from three years ago, and I've been waiting for the next update since then.

Updating now!

Edit: Wait, is this an update, or an all-new release using Buyog's sprites?  The RC2 beta was by mostly different people - GM Spectre, Smogon, McCready, Larramones and Buyog.

This looks really good compared to what MMV usually releases, especially because Buyog has worked on it and I know he's a good creator. Awesome news gui!

Thanks bro. And yeah, really a nice creation. :)

About time he was made.....

He is a pretty good character besides 2 of his hyper moves being a little cheesey

After seeing this character in action myself, allow me to personally state that I want to punch all of you in the face right now.

Well this looks fun. Sinestro's a pretty cool villain, so I wonder how it'll turn out. Already I have a gripe though: the commands in the moveset are rather boring. Nothing but quarter circles and a single DP motion. I know QCs are both user friendly and keyboard friendly, but it makes the moves that they are attached to harder to remember. In the middle of playing with characters whose supers are nothing but quarter circles I often forget what command triggers which move. I know it's MvC styled, and supers done in that style are typically done with a quarter circle and two buttons, but it's still irritating for me.

Maybe It's just me because I am sure there are characters from mainstream games that have mostly quarter circles for their moves (Like Terry Bogard in KOF 98+, who is one of my favorite fighting game chars of all time) and they get away with it because I've used them in multiple games, and Sinestro hasn't been in any (well, he's been in Injustice, but this char abandons that and shoots for MvC). I'm trying to be helpful, and probably screwed up in doing so, but hey. that's what I got so far.

I'll be testing this guy. I'm hoping I can see past the quarter circle thingy because Sinestro is a favorite villain of mine.

This complaint is silly. Would you rather have the ridiculous pretzel motions SNK uses?

Quarter circle and DP motions are standard fare for ANY 2D fighter you play. The number of appearance the character has had in fighting games is irrelevant.

After seeing this character in action myself, allow me to personally state that I want to punch all of you in the face right now.

This, along with your avatar was perfect. So he must not be that good, I guess.

This complaint is silly. Would you rather have the ridiculous pretzel motions SNK uses?

Quarter circle and DP motions are standard fare for ANY 2D fighter you play. The number of appearance the character has had in fighting games is irrelevant.

Actually, yeah. I would like to see more complicated motions. I'm a fan of classic SNK games like Fatal Fury special where the motions are completely insane. I like that feeling of fighting a tough opponent, being pinned and trying to desperately get the Power Geyseur to come out but it won't because the pressure's getting to you or for some reason you can't pull it off on a certain side of the screen. I want moves that take more effort to pull off. The harder it is to pull off, the more amazed you'll be when you beat Zangief's Banishing Flat with a Ground Shave Rolling for a ko.

Plus, almost every original char I've seen in this gameplay style has done this. Four quarter circles. Of course I know that Quarter circles are in every fighting game, but most of the original MvC styled chars people create have nothing but quarter circles. I'd just like some variety. Sorry if I sound a little pissy here, it's late :P

To keep on topic, I was going to have an elaborate list of feedback after studying this char intently, but that never happened, so right now I'm just going to say:

-No negative edge

-Funky hitboxes

Lamehitboxkick.png

Actually, yeah. I would like to see more complicated motions. I like that feeling of fighting a tough opponent, being pinned and trying to desperately get the Power Geyser to come out but it won't because the pressure's getting to you or for some reason you can't pull it off on a certain side of the screen. I want moves that take more effort to pull off.

What? Just... what?

Actually, yeah. I would like to see more complicated motions. I'm a fan of classic SNK games like Fatal Fury special where the motions are completely insane. I like that feeling of fighting a tough opponent, being pinned and trying to desperately get the Power Geyseur to come out but it won't because the pressure's getting to you or for some reason you can't pull it off on a certain side of the screen. I want moves that take more effort to pull off. The harder it is to pull off, the more amazed you'll be when you beat Zangief's Banishing Flat with a Ground Shave Rolling for a ko.

Plus, almost every original char I've seen in this gameplay style has done this. Four quarter circles. Of course I know that Quarter circles are in every fighting game, but most of the original MvC styled chars people create have nothing but quarter circles. I'd just like some variety. Sorry if I sound a little pissy here, it's late :P

You're asking to crap on tried and true controls for the sake of having some "epic moment".

There's a reason why SF2 had significantly improved controls over it's prequel.

There's a reason why SF4 simplified some commands.

There's a reason why SNK has been avoiding stupid complex commands in recent games.

There's a reason why you don't see stupid pretzel commands outside of Geese Howard(and select few SNK characters)

It's bad game design. It's unnecessary and it only serves to frustrate the player. You give that example about a move failing to come out because you were under pressure. Well, how about when I'm NOT under pressure? I want the command to fail because I flubbed it due to letting the pressure get to me, not because the game "decided" that I didn't get it. If I did the motion right, I expect that move to come out, pressure or no pressure.

Quarter circle and DP motions are standard fare for ANY 2D fighter you play.

NOT just Marvel.

Seeing that one of the authors is Chimoru, I want DarkFlare to explain what exactly is wrong with this Sinestro, before I decide whenever to download or not.

- Hitting him out of certain moves creates a clone of him.

- Terrible hitboxes.

- Lack of cooldown and startup in normals.

- Lack of damage dampening and with the above, you can easily expect to lose a quarter of your lifebar if Sinestro mashes his normal right.

Typical Multiverse thrash, as expected from a community that doesn't play fighting games.

You're asking to crap on tried and true controls for the sake of having some "epic moment".

There's a reason why SF2 had significantly improved controls over it's prequel.

There's a reason why SF4 simplified some commands.

There's a reason why SNK has been avoiding stupid complex commands in recent games.

There's a reason why you don't see stupid pretzel commands outside of Geese Howard(and select few SNK characters)

It's bad game design. It's unnecessary and it only serves to frustrate the player. You give that example about a move failing to come out because you were under pressure. Well, how about when I'm NOT under pressure? I want the command to fail because I flubbed it due to letting the pressure get to me, not because the game "decided" that I didn't get it. If I did the motion right, I expect that move to come out, pressure or no pressure.

Fair enough. I like things done counter intuitively, but that's just me. Still, a charge char once in a while would be nice.

The odd thing is, I do have a limit when it comes to odd commands. That's mainly the way MK do commands. I hate that they only take one button to pull off and that there are no other variations like in Street Fighter. I guess pretzels are ok, but back forward LP bugs me :P 

Wouldn't a injustice sinestro be awesome......................if I only knew how to code :donwan: any who, I dig this sinestro, good release haven't had time to really test em yet.

Typical Multiverse thrash, as expected from a community that doesn't play fighting games.

That's rude man. :(

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, Sinestro has updated. Check first post.

- Hitting him out of certain moves creates a clone of him.

- Terrible hitboxes.

- Lack of cooldown and startup in normals.

- Lack of damage dampening and with the above, you can easily expect to lose a quarter of your lifebar if Sinestro mashes his normal right.

Darkflare had some good criticisms, though I will say that the cloning has been fixed since then and a few other things that weren't mentioned here.  Cooldowns and the rest like damage dampening, I'm trying to learn, but it takes me time.  Much like I'm sure to took some of you. If you would like, please give him another shot.

Admittedly, it's true that I'm not an expreienced fighting game player.  I can't chain combos to save my life and any of you would crush me online.  But I love comic characters and I DO like fighitng games....and creating.  So no, I don't have the skill yet, but I figure if I just get in there and try instead of NOT trying, I can learn more efficiently how to make better characters in the future.  I am fully aware that my characters aren't "guild" quality, and that's why I'm ashamed to post there. I understand that most of the people there are elite players and creators and I'm not at that level yet.

Maybe that's why I keep my "trash" on the Multiverse. I suppose I could have just waited until I was better to try to bring Sinestro to everyone, but I have to start learning somewhere and I didn't see anyone else picking him up.  So, while I thank you for your honest, albeit harsh, criticsm because it helps me focus on my trouble areas, I wish you could excersise a bit more tact and consideration for the feelings of people who spend their time and effort in a attempt to gift you with something to enjoy.

I want to do better and give back to you guys, because I appreciate everything you guys give to me, but I need your help to do so.

Again, thank you for considering my updated character and providing me with feedback.

yeah uh I warned darkflare for the same thing you just said. Do not bash another forum. Please do not say crap about guild like that. since you are new I will just simply give you a verbal warning not to do that. it is against our forums rules to badmouth other forums as a whole like that. So please stop it.

Oh no...That wasn't meant as a bash.  I admire them for their ability.  I see them as a goal.    I'm aware of the forum wars and I think they are silly and am honestly not trying to fuel them any further. I enjoy all the forums. I don't think I articulated myself very well, and I apologize.