Best and worst things you found upon discovering Mugen?

Xan

Wow I didn't see this hot topic before.

Best:

- Let me have my longed DREAM MATCH / CROSS-OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

My most important reason to like MUGEN that much:

WDSzZCG.png

Orochi vs Gill...............can only take place in MUGEN!

- Let me have a chance to try some newer fighting game contents (i.e. Persona 4 Arena & BlazBlue) which I don't have access to (no $$$ to buy next-gen game consoles)

- Let me open my eyes by seeing so many talented original contents (i.e. Andrés Borghi's "The Black Heart" & Aiduzzi's Ella Ubu & Reu's DragonClaw)

- Let me have a chance to make something I like to have

- Let me join some MUGEN forum(s) to share with MUGEN fellows

Worse:

- If you are familiar with my MUGEN history and my usual MUGEN rants then yeah.....

- Let me realize (& remind me of) how bad my maths. is once I am involved in MUGEN content making business

- MUGEN data occupying most of my PC HDD space........

- Made me lose interest in playing real fighting games.....like, my SFIICE skill has long been lost......sigh.......

Best:

- Create Dream Fighting Game to my liking by adding characters that I like

- Able to create characters in anyway I like

Worst:

- Addicted to it

- Waiting for some creators to release certain characters that I want if I have no talent in making characters

- Keep re-making my roster often

- Super Cheap AI

- Stalking at Mugen creators' website everyday for new updates and released

- Offline characters/stages/fullgame etc

- Finding/Requesting offline characters/stages/fullgame etc

- Sudden crash when playing Mugen halfway, the worst is without any error message

updated :goodmood:

Wow I didn't see this hot topic before.

Best:

My most important reason to like MUGEN that much:

WDSzZCG.png

Orochi vs Gill...............can only take place in MUGEN!

that is the reason for me too :awesome these two epic bosses are my favorite and also they appeared in Capcom vs SNK's Manga

The Best:

- You can create characters from all over the place and pit them against each other.

- Watch mode. :D

- Full games.

The Worst:

- CNS...

- CNS.

- CNS!

- The emergence of creators who don't give two shits about what they spew out to the community.

Best:

these are forum wise.

- Mugen Deviants. Very creative imo and skilled at certain things some of the ppl iam thinking arent members here tho but would be cool if they where..

- Some creators i meet a long the way SxVector, Ryoucchi, GLB, LightFlare, Alexai-Roschar (misspell?) and the good old Ryon which gives some tips or just feeback.

Okey about Mugen himself..

- Easily able to create a character or stage from scratch since the image manipulation can be made with almost any tool.

- Makes you try other fighter games than you probably would have never know they existed.

- Being able to do a totally accurate gameplay or open your mind and create a totally new one.

Bad:

- Overrated Mugen content or Creators that thinks is stuff is God-Tier and deny any feeback or help (no need to say why is)

that is the reason for me too :awesome these two epic bosses are my favorite and also they appeared in Capcom vs SNK's Manga

Capcom vs SNK's Manga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

During the battle, Kyo helped Orochi to open a window of chance.......

Ieivprm.jpg

...............the chance that could let Orochi get close to a weakened Gill.........

PQvWFq6.jpg

..........so close that Orochi made it easy giving up Chris' body...........and became the *you know who*.....

OP6sT1c.jpg

Capcom vs SNK's Manga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ieivprm.jpg

...............the chance that could let Orochi get close to a weakened Gill.........

PQvWFq6.jpg

..........so close that Orochi made it easy giving up Chris' body...........and became the *you know who*.....

OP6sT1c.jpg

:awesome that's my favorite part! :goodmood: It is cool to see Gill and Orochi mixed together tumblr_m0o2rcwIaq1r26d7ho1_400.gif

Ieivprm.jpg

PQvWFq6.jpg

OP6sT1c.jpg

wait...WHAT??? when did this CVS manga come out?? I have the actual ENTIRE manga book set of the SVC Chaos manga and i was blown away by it..(I think i have 12 issues of it i think).Bad ass art....the damn manga was way more entertaining to read and look through than the game itself lol

so yo when did this CVS manga come out??

Best:

1) The dream matches you can make.

2) Some of the really random matchups.

3) It helped me discover obscure fighters.

Worst

1) Crappy cartoon characters with samey commands.

2) Characters that make the game crash

wait...WHAT??? when did this CVS manga come out?? I have the actual ENTIRE manga book set of the SVC Chaos manga and i was blown away by it..(I think i have 12 issues of it i think).Bad ass art....the damn manga was way more entertaining to read and look through than the game itself lol

so yo when did this CVS manga come out??

In year 2001, I have bought a few chapters of them :goodmood: one manga is quite expensive when I bought in that year :omg:

• 11 months later...

Many things: Best, crossover battles in general, the millions of chars that existed. The fact that I could play as ASTRAEA in this! It's still mind blowing to me, and Ayu and Shinku & so many others.

Nijikaku, the greatest fighting game ever created, it has everything in it. Literally everything, even ambulances that kill you & a spanish lady. It even helped me find my favorite fancharacter, Think.

the really unique characters and originals that people made. Look at my sig, those are some of the few unique things I've seen.

Elecbyte, without them, Mugen wouldn't exist.

The stages you could battle on, both original and from pop culture. My favorite being Mayoiga Night, it's beautiful. 

The worst: Learning how to work Mugen DL'ing the stuff, making, stages, editing chars, adding names in the def file, vore chars, rape chars, and Takakazu Abe, he's my archenemy, that guy is a disgrace to the Mugen community. 

• 6 months later...

When I discovered mugen the best thing for me was being able to play a cartoon character that didn't exist commercially.

"You mean I could finally be Popeye AND have him FIGHT Peter Griffin"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The worst thing I discovered about mugen was the audio not working. It skipped or stuttered, etc. Then working on a solution for 3 days... :(

"Oh I love this fight music it's.....where did it go???"

I would have preferred no 2 vs 2 if the audio problem was just fixed. I'd still like for Elecbyte to release a classic winmugen with an .mp3 patch!