The Legend of Zelda - Link (Updated!)

AxSeeker

Someone recommended to me a long time ago that I give Link a smashing board attack based on a youtube "dorkly" episode where Link never got the sword.

In the same thread I brought up how Link was difficult to use and I finally came to realize that the reason he was complicated in combat was because he had no close range attacks but rather only long range sword attacks. The original base had some close range attacks but they were not converted into the character, such as the kick.

Recently i was watching about the

Ulfberht

and in this video I learned that shield fighting was used a lot, as much as the sword actually. The shield attack activates in Link when he is really close to his opponent.

Recently i was watching about the

Ulfberht

and in this video I learned that shield fighting was used a lot, as much as the sword actually. The shield attack activates in Link when he is really close to his opponent.

VERY very cool, implementing reality and real styles into the chars, Ax! Even though it's still a game, it's all the better to see how one actual style would fair against another in real life-or-death combat. Now if only we could get a Roman and a Zulu style char...

Oh, and just in case youre still looking at those videos for added interest and possible inspiration...

It's an april fools release done early because I'll be offline tomorrow.

However I will admit it was inspired by all the talk weeks ago. My interest was sparked again and I got some new ideas after revisiting my old wip thread over at guild and mmv.

Just for the record though I did this update because the whole CvS artist/abstact version that will be coming in the future will undoubtedly replace mine, as I've been saying for years, which is why i beefed this one up in hopes of pleasing the downloader enough to keep both this and cvs artist/absract versions.

and just saying this to no one in particular...It's great to try originally new ideas never seen before because they're interesting imo

;)

Anyway, i look forward to your next update anonymous creator because I bet you'll do something awesome in your update! XD

That release you keep saying will be a replacement isn't happening. CVS The Abstract made the one sprite, CVSArtist made the second frame (And rather poorly I may add) and that was all that ever came of it. The current overhaul of your sprites on my version will have more staying power than that of a version that isn't happening.

I could be wrong about this but I believe cvs artist commissioned cvs abstract to make those sprites for him and I think cvs artist did say he was making that character in a thread somewhere in mmv with cvs abstract as the artist. I was so shot down by its awesome quality that I even quit my Link temporarily until i was convinced to continue it.

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/link-wip-145645.60.html

In that thread you'll read that they definitely had a project going on as well as my decision.

Also cvs abstract says it's commissioned as well in this thread over here.

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/theme-thread-cvs-sprite-thread-115031.2940.html

But why convince me of it, PM him yourself, I don't know why it's taken so long. I'm no longer worried myself because I made him so different that now he has originality value like MvC Link by RMX, Silencer, Eikichi, & Mike Werewolf.

I just hope that cvs abstract/artist version doesn't have your moveset though because his sprites are far superior than our Link's sprites. Just saying man, you should spice things up before CVS Link comes out.

How? By adding crap that makes little to no sense whatsoever like you did? By creating moves that are too over-the-top to be believable?

As stated in the past, it can look good all it wants, if the gameplay sucks no one wants it. If you add stuff that doesn't fit with the character, then don't bother calling the character by his name. And you're comparing yours to the KingCharz version? That's an insult to the KingCharz version, and it isn't even that great.

How? By adding crap that makes little to no sense whatsoever like you did? By creating moves that are too over-the-top to be believable?

As stated in the past, it can look good all it wants, if the gameplay sucks no one wants it. If you add stuff that doesn't fit with the character, then don't bother calling the character by his name. And you're comparing yours to the KingCharz version? That's an insult to the KingCharz version, and it isn't even that great.

I didn't mention kingcharz? The only Links I've mentioned are yours (ours), my updated version, Cvs abstract & Cvs Artist version and this Link

Link.gif

None of these are Kingcharz.

EDIT:

While on subject, I'ma send you a PM of something I noticed recently.

I forgot to mention this about the character after April 1st :P

It was supposed to be an April Fools release in that the update wasn't just a close range "smashing board attack"

In this update I'll list the new stuff now, though this is really late to share....

lnk.gif

-New master sword (ALTTP Cover art master sword version)
-Poe Fire Lantern
-Hammer (updated w/falling rubble damage)
-Hookshot replaced w/Ball & Chain attack from new zelda game
-Freezing Ice jar
-shield pegasus dash replaced w/Minish Cap roll & sword attack
-Roks feather superjump replaced with Roks feather tornado sweep
-plain arrows, ice arrows, fire arrows, & ice arrows replaced with Thunder Arrows

New specials can be performed by pressing

B,B, Punch or Kick

OR

F,F, Punch or Kick

other specials by the usual  

B,DB,D,DF,F + Punch Or Kick

OR

F,DF,D,DB,B + Punch Or Kick

And there is a new Hyper move Involving Link's Golden Armor.

Update NEWS:

Ok, I have a new look for Link (Zelda) that I wanna do.

It's kinda a Marth/Roy remix

ZdacqNJ.png
http://i.imgur.com/ZdacqNJ.png
The cloak is from rojins taskmaster

The idea is based on this Manga

@1:08-end

There is also a new Zelda game in the works and guess what Link is wearing!

Hyrule-Warriors-340x3401.jpg

:XD:

So yeah I think this will be the icing on the cake and the final touch to this year old wip  :!:

Link definitely wears it better imo

Roy_SSBM.jpg
http://www.ssbwiki.com/images/f/fc/Roy_SSBM.jpg