Taskmaster by Rojin70 released 3/3/14

Phantom Blood

video i made to try and show off all the moves...

while not perfect, i like him alot

- gorgeous sprites

- very cool how so much from mvc3 in him including the awesome sound

- a few get hit animations missing

- a number of alignment issues

- not great clsn boxes

- why does his taunt hurt you?

- sound on jump needs timing adjustment

- f,d,df+P special should animate quicker

- so should the taunt

- the hyper where you shoot all the arrows directly upward almost useless and would like its command layout swapped with the diagonally firing one (did that on my copy)

- need to remove the enter win quotes lines from win quotes (or customize them like i did)

- not a fan of some of the fx

- would like the combination hitting hyper changed from a counter to straight up attack (personal preference)

btw, for any of you unsure about the button layout due to you are used to 6 buttons, give it a shot. i'm usually the same way, but i really got used to playing that style. if this tells you anything, for the most part, i'm not a very good player except with a few characters. i'm pretty solid with him had 2 epic fights i won against deadpool by infinite and the thing by warner (his AI, not IMT AI. warner AI much stronger)

do you know all what he did. i'm kind of holding out to where the missing get hit animations get addressed before DLing a new copy considering i edited the large port, small port, hyperport, a couple command strings, and win quotes on my personal version.

btw, in my feedback above, i left out how seen some air walking and weird P2 get hit physics from the mighty swing.

anyone know how to contact him?

yeah me 2, the only reason why i havnt released a pal set, id when doing some i didnt notice a few shared colors that bothered me ,so i scrapped them ,with hopes of coming back & doing a new set 

Volzilla, here's hoping you link up/release your personal edit. I wish this guy had like 2 more hypers.

Two hypers is what he had in MvC3 with his arrow hyper having multiple variations.

And he was perfectly fine as is, he doesn't need anymore.

Two hypers is what he had in MvC3 with his arrow hyper having multiple variations.

And he was perfectly fine as is, he doesn't need anymore.

If you like how he is in MvC3, then why are you playing MUGEN? Go buy the game, MUGEN is designed to redesign the characters to have more and be more, or to enjoy characters and matches that wont exist from purchasable games. 2 Hypers is boring, gets stale after awhile.

I feel like that post should be directed to you and not to darkflare

That makes no. Damn. Sense. If you're going to try to put somebody down, with the clever snide remark and all, think first man. Erroratu, why are you offended at me on a personal level? No, that's ok. Nevermind. It's cool.

It's just about good gameplay overall. Characters can have two specials and one super if they're useful enough and fill the proper niches. The amount of moves means nothing if they aren't different enough from each other or don't fill any particular roles in their movepools. Don't bring in this more supers = better characters logic. It holds no water when looked at from a practicality standpoint.

Very true. Good specials and gameplay are the epitome of a fun character, not just number of specials and hypers. But Taskmaster, especially being Taskmaster, he just feels too limited. This is a great conversion, definitely brings a MvC3 char to mugen and he did a amazing job. On a Capcom game though, hes cool, but still, the character should have some more specials and hypers to flesh him out some more, make him feel more like the actual Taskmaster, and give him a greater range to choose from. And Taskmaster is known for having a wide range of very different techniques and maneuvers. Arguing that the amount of moves means nothing if they are not different enough from one another or fill a major role actually bumps what im saying. 3 angles of the same hyper? Overly redundant. He copies people, so he should have a series of specials of hypers that fill a wide variety of roles, but that's just making the char feel like the literature.

Im not putting Rojin down. He's done an outstanding job. And Im not interested in arguing about the char. Stating an opinion, like the trio.

Updated to ver0.82 (2014/03/16):

アドバンシングガード(のスプライト)実装、エリアルフィニッシュ
が強制ダウンになって追い打ちレギオンが安定化したりと
結構変化してます。まだ未完成部分も多めです。

・コメントにてご指摘いただいた必須関連のアニメーションを調整、予約animNO使用を廃止
 ・ハイパーコンボフィニッシュ時にフラッシュするようになりました。(スローの具合次第で2回光りますが仕様…?)
 ・チャージングスターの突進中に飛び道具無敵がつきました。
 ・エリアルのフィニッシュでジャンプSを当てたときに相手を強制的に2回バウンド&ダウンさせるようになりました。
 ・エリアルのフィニッシュ以外でジャンプSを当てた場合は通常の仰け反り(非ダウン)になりました。
 ・ダウン中の相手にウェブスイング空キャンセル空中レギオンアローMHを当てた場合の浮きを抑えました。
 ・2ボタン同時押しでのダッシュにおいて、ボタンの組み合わせのミスを修正しました。(Sが絡まないように変更)
 ・レギオンアロー全般をダウン技に設定しました。
 ・JHのグラフィックを変更しました。
 ・ソードマスターMおよびHの派生技を追加しました。

Google Translate:

Mount (sprites) advancing guard, Aerial Finish
But the final blow Legion or stabilization Become a forced down
I have changed considerably. Unfinished part is also still a little too much.

· Adjust the animation required related that had you pointed out in the comments , and abolished the reservation animNO use
· I now flash to hyper combo finish time . ( I shine twice by the condition depending on the specifications ... but slow ?)
- Missile invincible now has to rush during the charging star .
· It is now to be twice bound and forced down an opponent when he hit a jump S at the finish of the aerial .
- Now (non- down ) Nokezori normal If you shine a jump S at the finish other than the aerial .
- I have kept the float in the case of applying a web swing sky air cancellation Legion Arrow MH opponents down during .
In - dash of a two-button pressed together , fix mistakes combination of buttons . ( S changes to avoid tangle )
- I was set down in the Legion Arrow technology in general.
- I have changed the graphics of JH.
- I added a derived technology and H Sword Master M.

http://rojin68.blog29.fc2.com/blog-entry-484.html