Taskmaster by Rojin70 released 3/3/14

Phantom Blood

Updated to ver0.82 (2014/03/16):

アドバンシングガード(のスプライト)実装、エリアルフィニッシュ

が強制ダウンになって追い打ちレギオンが安定化したりと

結構変化してます。まだ未完成部分も多めです。

・コメントにてご指摘いただいた必須関連のアニメーションを調整、予約animNO使用を廃止

・ハイパーコンボフィニッシュ時にフラッシュするようになりました。(スローの具合次第で2回光りますが仕様…?)

・チャージングスターの突進中に飛び道具無敵がつきました。

・エリアルのフィニッシュでジャンプSを当てたときに相手を強制的に2回バウンド&ダウンさせるようになりました。

・エリアルのフィニッシュ以外でジャンプSを当てた場合は通常の仰け反り(非ダウン)になりました。

・ダウン中の相手にウェブスイング空キャンセル空中レギオンアローMHを当てた場合の浮きを抑えました。

・2ボタン同時押しでのダッシュにおいて、ボタンの組み合わせのミスを修正しました。(Sが絡まないように変更)

・レギオンアロー全般をダウン技に設定しました。

・JHのグラフィックを変更しました。

・ソードマスターMおよびHの派生技を追加しました。

Google Translate:

Mount (sprites) advancing guard, Aerial Finish

But the final blow Legion or stabilization Become a forced down

I have changed considerably. Unfinished part is also still a little too much.

· Adjust the animation required related that had you pointed out in the comments , and abolished the reservation animNO use

· I now flash to hyper combo finish time . ( I shine twice by the condition depending on the specifications ... but slow ?)

- Missile invincible now has to rush during the charging star .

· It is now to be twice bound and forced down an opponent when he hit a jump S at the finish of the aerial .

- Now (non- down ) Nokezori normal If you shine a jump S at the finish other than the aerial .

- I have kept the float in the case of applying a web swing sky air cancellation Legion Arrow MH opponents down during .

In - dash of a two-button pressed together , fix mistakes combination of buttons . ( S changes to avoid tangle )

- I was set down in the Legion Arrow technology in general.

- I have changed the graphics of JH.

- I added a derived technology and H Sword Master M.

http://rojin68.blog29.fc2.com/blog-entry-484.html

Good To See he update it.

If you like how he is in MvC3, then why are you playing MUGEN? Go buy the game, MUGEN is designed to redesign the characters to have more and be more, or to enjoy characters and matches that wont exist from purchasable games. 2 Hypers is boring, gets stale after awhile.

If you don't play fighting games, why are you playing MUGEN? It's still a fighting game engine. Adding more hypers isn't going to make him more fun, especially if they add nothing to his gameplay and/or his others supers are better opions regardless.

Very true. Good specials and gameplay are the epitome of a fun character, not just number of specials and hypers. But Taskmaster, especially being Taskmaster, he just feels too limited. This is a great conversion, definitely brings a MvC3 char to mugen and he did a amazing job. On a Capcom game though, hes cool, but still, the character should have some more specials and hypers to flesh him out some more, make him feel more like the actual Taskmaster, and give him a greater range to choose from. And Taskmaster is known for having a wide range of very different techniques and maneuvers. Arguing that the amount of moves means nothing if they are not different enough from one another or fill a major role actually bumps what im saying. 3 angles of the same hyper? Overly redundant. He copies people, so he should have a series of specials of hypers that fill a wide variety of roles, but that's just making the char feel like the literature.

Im not putting Rojin down. He's done an outstanding job. And Im not interested in arguing about the char. Stating an opinion, like the trio.

This right here is your typical comic book fan logic and proves to me that you don't play fighting games at all(Besides lol Marvel). If you find Taskmaster limiting, then you're playing him wrong. He's very capable as is and it's not really Capcom's/Rojin's fault that you don't know how to use him. Adding more specials will not make him better. And when it comes to comic book characters, you can't just go wild and incorporate every single detail about them(HURR WHY DOESN'T WOLVERINE HEAL?). Just stick to their most notable traits and be done with. What's the best way to represent a guy that can copy other moves just by watching their movements? SPIDEY swing, Aim of HAWKEYE, Just like CAP!

If you don't play fighting games, why are you playing MUGEN? It's still a fighting game engine. Adding more hypers isn't going to make him more fun, especially if they add nothing to his gameplay and/or his others supers are better opions regardless.

This right here is your typical comic book fan logic and proves to me that you don't play fighting games at all(Besides lol Marvel). If you find Taskmaster limiting, then you're playing him wrong. He's very capable as is and it's not really Capcom's/Rojin's fault that you don't know how to use him. Adding more specials will not make him better. And when it comes to comic book characters, you can't just go wild and incorporate every single detail about them(HURR WHY DOESN'T WOLVERINE HEAL?). Just stick to their most notable traits and be done with. What's the best way to represent a guy that can copy other moves just by watching their movements? SPIDEY swing, Aim of HAWKEYE, Just like CAP!

Hey, the fact that you so heavily rely upon Ad Hoc style arguments prove to me you seek to validate any point you make by attacking the opposer to your point directly. In logic, that tactic is only used to rattle and disrupt the process of an opponent, thereby lowering his/her defenses and making a counterargument to theirs sway the listeners that much faster. This proves to me, that you, Darkflare (yo, why does it have to be 'Dark'? You into that evil, dark wizard demon lord LARP stuff?) seek public validation of all your points, i.e. yourself and 80% of your argument is to slander the opposing ARGUER, not the argument, making your point moot. Attacking someone, in place of their point, does not attack the point, merely the person.

You're right, I only play certain games selectively when I have time to relax. Between BB, relationship, school, work, etc., I take my down time to have fun and enjoy to see how a fight would REALLY turn out. I'm not getting paid by Elecbyte, or Capcom, or SNK, or any other game developer company to play games and meticulously edit MUGEN, not like you. Must be a bad ass check and a easily earned masters in fine arts and logistics you have there.

Comic book fan, though? IDK man, I dont read alot of comics, man. I pick and choose between DC and Marvel and WD, as long as the story is good. Marvel though, not really, they have turned that into some lady soap opera material. Now the "LOL", how is the idea of someone only reading Marvel funny? Wouldnt someone who mocks a person for not reading all comics, without getting paid for it, I might add, be more laughable? I mean, to be honest, Id rather be socializing, or on a date, or professionally progressing further, hell, even cleaning my house with that free time. If I'm going to play hard, Im definitely not going to be doing it reading a comic book. C'mon man, please. I dont get it. You're ideals of what's valuable is pathetic. Ever talk to a girl? Or a guy, if that's your thing, I dont judge.

Public humiliation, cyber bully tactics, group-up ad hoc style arguing, that's not validating you or your point. That just gives you a reputation as a cyber bully. Hey, Im not calling you one, or accusing you of being one, but those tactics and verbal maneuvers you use scream of the traits of a cyber bully, and a unhealthy obsession with a very clandestine, socially unvalued and sedentary lifestyle.  But that's besides the point.

The character is 'Taskmaster', by Marvel Comics. They created a character of fiction, placed in a video game, to be a digitally playable rendition of said character. Capcom did him how they did due to company and marketing and time restraints. But since MUGEN is a hobbyist community, why not expand on a character, since we have the luxury of NOT having these restraints? By using your points, Spider-Man only having a combo, or hey, even a hadouken, as long as it works, is good enough. Oyyy, but then...that's not Spider-Man.

-Welcome to the Playa Evalu-Hater's Ball-

No, I'm not a professional coder and I don't need to be one to tell you that your idea of adding more specials and hypers in some halfassed way to make Taskmaster "true to the comics" just doesn't work from a gameplay standpoint.

I don't rneed to know how to code to know when something is wr- DIDN'T I FUCKING SAY THIS ALREADY?

This fallacy of requiring Mugen coding knowledge to know and tell what's wrong is getting really fucking annoying. No, you don't need to know video game coding or Mugen coding. All of these things that you can figure by simply playing a few fighting games, all of them without requiring you to know a single line of coding.

Yea, all those professional tournament players are such masters at game coding.

/sarcasm

Edit: Oh, I see you editted your post. Hang on a second...

This is how s--t goes at the Player Eval-U-Hater's Ball. We don't f--k around!

Oh, Darkflare, stop it. He's a hatin' hall of famer. I never seen a more hateful mugenite than Darkflare. He always makes fun of Thrillo. He got me in the game. Hatin' is the way to go. International, topshelf hatin'. And I've been hateful ever since. I wish ill. I hate Mugen. I hate MFFA. I hate the mods. I hate myself. As a matter of fact, I hate Marvel. I Hate DC. I hate Mortal Kombat. I hate Street Fighter. I hate DBZ. I hate elecbyte for making MUGEN. I hate my hands for allowing me to get access to it. I hate my senses for letting me experience the game. I hate my computer screen. I hate the keyboard. I hate my eyeballs. I hate Darkflare's eyeballs. I hate Brock. I hate Ryoucchi. I hate Ryon. I hate....I hate the air. I hate hate. That's right, I hate 'hate' itself.

Now, if you'll excuse me. I gotta pour some more water in Darkflare's momma's dish. (struts out with cane)

Hey, the fact that you so heavily rely upon Ad Hoc style arguments prove to me you seek to validate any point you make by attacking the opposer to your point directly. In logic, that tactic is only used to rattle and disrupt the process of an opponent, thereby lowering his/her defenses and making a counterargument to theirs sway the listeners that much faster. This proves to me, that you, Darkflare (yo, why does it have to be 'Dark'? You into that evil, dark wizard demon lord LARP stuff?) seek public validation of all your points, i.e. yourself and 80% of your argument is to slander the opposing ARGUER, not the argument, making your point moot. Attacking someone, in place of their point, does not attack the point, merely the person.

Oh really now? Even when I point out and counterargue the points anyway? If you want to act like a fool, I'll treat you like a fool.

You're right, I only play certain games selectively when I have time to relax. Between BB, relationship, school, work, etc., I take my down time to have fun and enjoy to see how a fight would REALLY turn out. I'm not getting paid by Elecbyte, or Capcom, or SNK, or any other game developer company to play games and meticulously edit MUGEN, not like you. Must be a bad ass check and a easily earned masters in fine arts and logistics you have there.

i DON'T NEED TO KNOW HOW TO CODE TO TELL YOU WHAT'S WRONG.

Comic book fan, though? IDK man, I dont read alot of comics, man. I pick and choose between DC and Marvel and WD, as long as the story is good. Marvel though, not really, they have turned that into some lady soap opera material. Now the "LOL", how is the idea of someone only reading Marvel funny? Wouldnt someone who mocks a person for not reading all comics, without getting paid for it, I might add, be more laughable? I mean, to be honest, Id rather be socializing, or on a date, or professionally progressing further, hell, even cleaning my house with that free time. If I'm going to play hard, Im definitely not going to be doing it reading a comic book. C'mon man, please. I dont get it. You're ideals of what's valuable is pathetic. Ever talk to a girl? Or a guy, if that's your thing, I dont judge.

Completely missing the point, derailing it and going to to attack me directly. Bra-fucking-vo.

Public humiliation, cyber bully tactics, group-up ad hoc style arguing, that's not validating you or your point. That just gives you a reputation as a cyber bully. Hey, Im not calling you one, or accusing you of being one, but those tactics and verbal maneuvers you use scream of the traits of a cyber bully, and a unhealthy obsession with a very clandestine, socially unvalued and sedentary lifestyle.  But that's besides the point.

And yet, here you are attacking me indirectly now.

The character is 'Taskmaster', by Marvel Comics. They created a character of fiction, placed in a video game, to be a digitally playable rendition of said character. Capcom did him how they did due to company and marketing and time restraints. But since MUGEN is a hobbyist community, why not expand on a character, since we have the luxury of NOT having these restraints? By using your points, Spider-Man only having a combo, or hey, even a hadouken, as long as it works, is good enough. Oyyy, but then...that's not Spider-Man.

-Welcome to the Playa Evalu-Hater's Ball-

Capcom did him how they did to keep him balanced FROM A GAMEPLAY STAnDPOINT while still keeping some representation of his character intact. Taskmaster is a regular guy that happens to have photographic memory that can copy any movement by looking at it. And would you look at that, he's using other people's moves in his moveset.

But more importantly...

Why aren't Wolverine, Hulk, Deadpool and X-23 capable of healing? Why does Spider-Man never run out of webbing? Why can't Shuma Gorath, Dormammu, Dr. Strange just instantly wipe out everyone else? How are Chris' weapons able to even damage any of the Superheroes? Why are the Street Fighters attacks much more powerful? Why is Phoenix Wright capable of defeating anyone?

BECAUSE OF GAMEPLAY REASONS, THAT'S WHY!

This is how s--t goes at the Player Eval-U-Hater's Ball. We don't f--k around!

Oh, Darkflare, stop it. He's a hatin' hall of famer. I never seen a more hateful mugenite than Darkflare. He always makes fun of Thrillo. He got me in the game. Hatin' is the way to go. International, topshelf hatin'. And I've been hateful ever since. I wish ill. I hate Mugen. I hate MFFA. I hate the mods. I hate myself. As a matter of fact, I hate Marvel. I Hate DC. I hate Mortal Kombat. I hate Street Fighter. I hate DBZ. I hate elecbyte for making MUGEN. I hate my hands for allowing me to get access to it. I hate my senses for letting me experience the game. I hate my computer screen. I hate the keyboard. I hate my eyeballs. I hate Darkflare's eyeballs. I hate Brock. I hate Ryoucchi. I hate Ryon. I hate....I hate the air. I hate hate. That's right, I hate 'hate' itself.

Now, if you'll excuse me. I gotta pour some more water in Darkflare's momma's dish. (struts out with cane)

Oh don't mind me. I'm just busy reading a lot of what's going on, while wondering if Thrillo even played any fighting games to know what the hell he's talking about.

On topic: I'll  probably test out this Taskmaster to see if he really deserves all of (from what I've seen) a page full of Nice Char +1s. (I hope it's a bit like his Mahvel counterpart)

all thrillio said was hed like to see two more supers to make the character more enjoyable to him .........thats all & its turned into this whole God damn fiasco  tired of getting  PM's About the fighting in these threads guys , like Ryon has said before Just get the hell along....... its not Real life , its not important , all this, people haven't played fighting games Crap im 34 years old i guarantee ive forgotten about more fighting games than most of u  have had the privileged of playing lol, but i dont ware it like a badge of honor.Because its not important , like Dark has said before u dont have to know a line of code to know how a character should play , same goes for u shouldn't have to have Extensive knowledge of Fighting games to Enjoy mugen , that street goes both ways 

So just to keep my word, I've play-tested this Taskmaster, along with comparing him to UMvC3's Taskmaster during my time at "the lab".
Here's my report on him:

Spritewise: Some mis-alignments here and there (I think on his launcher from what I've heard and on his walking
backwards sprite), but otherwise very good looking.

Gameplay: Solid so far.. however this needs fixing:

.Hitboxes on his attacks seem suspiciously off. His heavy attack, when compared to source, seems a bit too big on itself.

.His launcher... does not let the opponent auto-recovery at the peak of the launcher. That's not a good thing, since it's required for a MVC-ish char, accurate or psuedo, to let their opponent auto-recover after the peak of a launcher based move.

.In that term, there's no sign of an auto-recovery after Taskmaster hits his opponent with an air attack (or at least a attack that sends the opponent in an "air" state), leading to some quasi infinites during then. (Yes, the opponent can recover from it, but only   if it's "Manually" recovered.From what I look at source, the opponent auto-recovery/resets after being hit in the air by just one attack. Even his Mighty Swing from UMvC3 lets the opponent auto-recover after being used once.)

.Either I have the crappiest reaction time or not, but I don't think you're supposed to follow up a regular throw with his vertical arrow super. Mostly because it doesn't OTG after a throw. I say this because I can't seem to follow it up on source, yet I could do it   in Mugen. Coincidence?

.The effects for his vertical arrow just.. stop after reaching the ground. I know that when the arrow hits the ground it stops; but I took a look at the effect in source, and it dissipates rather than just stop.

.His throw in the corner literally sends the opponent "off-screen" for a while (both forward and backward).

This is all from the few minutes that I've played around with him, in both Mugen and UMvC3 (just for comparison). So far, he's a bit promising on his gameplay. Just need these fix, a couple more in-depth things on him and he's good to go.

(I just hope this helps out)

Also, I don't really want to add more fuel to the fire, but I feel like this needs to be explained. So.. *ahem* here goes.

There's actually just some things that creators aim towards a character: one of them being aiming towards accuracy. I'm not an expert on this, but when Thrillo said that he wanted 2 more supers for Taskmaster; it's not a good thing to suggest, cause from what I've playtested on this Taskmaster (both Mugenized and UMvC3.. which I call "the lab"), I can tell that the creator is aiming towards accuracy. Hell, he really did have 2 supers in source, just that how they're performed acted differently (his arrows, mostly). But having 2 more supers may break that accuracy, giving the thing a "custom gameplay" feel.. I think. (Slap me if I'm wrong).

However, on the note of supers, 4 supers or 15 supers (or even 555 supers) does not even make the char. In fact, just having one super (or 2) is enough. (Look at 3rd Strike with its 1 selectable supers, along with SFIV with one super and an Ultra; 2 selectable Ultras if you look at the later updates. Or better yet: SSF2, with just one.. ONE super. But does that stop the game from being fun? No, it does not). Even chars without a super would still work. (Ex: Darkstalkers with its EX moves.. though some of Jedah's EX moves are super worthy. Or to go back in time: SF2 with literally no supers at all, yet it's still fun even without one).

But anyway, this is just my thoughts on the whole "supers" and "accuracy" thing,.

I'll mercifully delete this if I'm willing to. I just don't to add more fuel to the fire, but I'm just putting up my 2 cents. If more argument comes after this, I'll just forget this post never happened.

and thus war began.

what is this? topic number 2 that im forced to join in because of behavior problems.

and who do i find, Dark Flare.

shits getting tiring bro.

from the looks of it though. It seemed as if Thrillo is the one to start this fight. unless there were posts hidden that i did not see?

there is such negative energy between Darkflare and certain few here, Why don't you guys just quit with this shit?

Dark this is a warning, if i catch you in another fight, im gonna have to temp ban you.

I don't care for any excuse, Im tried of seeing an argument and you involved.

BTW. My text is red, simple so it can stand out from the rest.

updated: http://rojin68.blog29.fc2.com/blog-entry-486.html

translation...

In addition, I release it because it was very well updated.
Appointments (decide by the condition out of a bug in this ver) official version treats or β Once you have added after color.

Time is now vanishing Nokezori depending on the number of combo now ver, it is now ending in 2 loop around forever just jump chain.
The complete sword master derived to say Somehow later,
The arrows go right above is now a hail.