Possible New Nintendo Console?

Sweetfire13

http://venturebeat.com/2014/01/21/nintendos-next-console-and-portable-reported-to-be-called-nintendo-fusion/

Rumors have been spreading of a new Nintendo product with specifications that blow both the PS4 and XBox One out of the water with a cross stream play with a handheld much like Sony's Vita.

Fusion DS

CPU: ARMv8-A Cortex-A53 GPU: Custom Adreno 420-based AMD GPU
COM MEMORY: 3 GB LPDDR3 (2 GB Games, 1 GB OS)
2 130 mm DVGA (960 x 640) Capacitive Touchscreen
Slide Out Design with Custom Swivel Tilt Hinge
Upper Screen made of Gorilla Glass, Comes with Magnetic Cover
Low End Vibration for Gameplay and App Alerts
2 Motorized Circle Pads for Haptic Feedback
Thumbprint Security Scanner with Pulse Sensing Feedback
2 1mp Stereoptic Cameras
Multi-Array Microphone
A, B, X, Y, D-Pad, L, R, 1, 2 Buttons
3 Axis Tuning Fork Gyroscope, 3 Axis Accelerometer, Magnetometer
NFC Reader
3G Chip with GPS Location
Bluetooth v4.0 BLE Command Node used to Interface with Bluetooth Devices such as Cell Phones, Tablets
16 Gigabytes of Internal Flash Storage (Possible Future Unit With 32 Gigabytes)
Nintendo 3DS Cart Slot
SDHC “Holographic Enhanced” Card Slot up to 128 Gigabyte Limit
Mini USB I/O
3300 mAh Li-Ion battery

Fusion Terminal
GPGPU: Custom Radeon HD RX 200 GPU CODENAME LADY (2816 shaders @ 960 MHz, 4.60 TFLOP/s, Fillrates: 60.6 Gpixel/s, 170 Gtexel/s)
CPU: IBM 64-Bit Custom POWER 8-Based IBM 8-Core Processor CODENAME JUMPMAN (2.2 GHz, Shared 6 MB L4 cache)
Co-CPU: IBM PowerPC 750-based 1.24 GHz Tri-Core Co-Processor CODENAME HAMMER
MEMORY: 4 Gigabytes of Unified DDR4 SDRAM CODENAMED KONG, 2 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz (12.8 GB/s) On Die CODENAMED BARREL
802.11 b/g/n Wireless
Bluetooth v4.0 BLE
2 USB 3.0
1 Coaxial Cable Input
1 CableCARD Slot
4 Custom Stream-Interface Nodes up to 4 Wii U GamePads
Versions with Disk Drive play Wii U Optical Disk (4 Layers Maximum), FUSION Holographic Versatile Disc (HVD) and Nintendo 3DS Card Slot
1 HDMI 2.0 1080p/4K Port
Dolby TrueHD 5.1 or 7.1 Surround Sound
Inductive Charging Surface for up to 4 FUSION DS or IC-Wii Remote Plus Controllers
Two versions: Disk Slot Version with 60 Gigs of Internal Flash Storage and Diskless Version with 300 Gigs of Internal Flash Storage

That rumor originally came from Gaming Realm lol. They normally do that though after releasing a console/hand-held. Begin working on a new one. I'm sure Sony and Microsoft will try to keep there shit more secret or something idk

I'm not much of a specs guy so not really sure how great that is tbh

To me the only thing that Nintendo( and other game companies) should do is lower their prices on their games consoles. They need to understand that alot of people are still in financial slomp which they cannot afford to buy game systems. Personally if the WiiU was about $250.00 at first then the company wouldn't have lost alot of money. As the old folks would say "Less is more" especially if the price is reasonable for people to buy it. 

To me the only thing that Nintendo( and other game companies) should do is lower their prices on their games consoles. They need to understand that alot of people are still in financial slomp which they cannot afford to buy game systems. Personally if the WiiU was about $250.00 at first then the company wouldn't have lost alot of money. As the old folks would say "Less is more" especially if the price is reasonable for people to buy it. 

I have to agree with noob here, but part of the price problem is gullible/mindless people who believe plaine (nintendo hating) reviewers/critics. Who tore about the console and games, look at zombiu. Great game but reviews tore it apart. I know for a fact we have come to an age where there are a lot of stupid gamers who believe reviews rather then playing games and trying it for themself's. Its sad just sad. I still have faith in nintendo, this is not there first time they have seen dark times. I still remeber how much hate the gamecube and gba had, yet nintendo is still here. Lets face it people want nintendo to die which it won't. (unless it makes a diasater like DMC :P) They will make an awesome game hopefully Mario Galaxy 3, the new zelda for wii u, the rumored metroid game and a new IP. Which will help them out drasticly, Let's not forget too they commonly have classic sales and pokemon banks fees to help them out.

I'm not much of a specs guy so not really sure how great that is tbh

Well i just read at that website that the specs are off, so who ever made the rumor doesn't know much about specs lol.

They're already selling all current Generation consoles at a loss, only that Sony and Microsoft make back all of their money with services such as PS+ and Live.

You people do not realize that if they lowered their prices, they'll go bankrupt fast.

If the new console rumor is real, it's more than likely to entice new investors.

Also what they need is more 3rd party games to fill out the Wii U library, new Nintendo games alone won't save the system unfortunately.

They're already selling all current Generation consoles at a loss, only that Sony and Microsoft make back all of their money with services such as PS+ and Live.

You people do not realize that if they lowered their prices, they'll go bankrupt fast.

If the new console rumor is real, it's more than likely to entice new investors.

Also what they need is more 3rd party games to fill out the Wii U library, new Nintendo games alone won't save the system unfortunately.

You are Right Sweetfire13 but you need to look at the big picture in reality on how game companies need to make it affordable for anybody Not just people who are Rich or working (as well as middle-low class folks).  i remember during the 90's game consoles was affordable ($200-$300) many People back then was working even if they had large families to feed, they was still able to buy game systems like Snes, Ps1, saga genesis, etc. Yeah they had alot 3rd party games for their systems then because they was able to invest game makers companies (SquareSoft, Midway, etc.) to make games for their systems which amps up profit..

Microsoft and Sony gain ground not because of their Network services but they was able to make thier systems including xbox 360 and Ps3(especially) are more affordable for alot of people. If i recall ps3 was hitting $500-$700 when it first came out not many people was able to buy it Even during that christmas time. Now after close to a decade PS3 is very affordable which Sony should have thought of doing so a few years ago.

Even if NIntendo goes down-hill I'm not expecting them to drop out of gaming. They will pretty much become third-party like Sega. =P

I'm talking about the Playstation 4, Xbox One, and Wii U profits specifically. 

The PS3 price dropped when they cut out the PS2 backwards compatibility, also hardware gets dated over time and less expensive, so that's the reason why you see $150 PS3 at Gamestop or whatever, It's more or less a severely gimped-out PS3.  More cuts you make, the less expensive. Unfortunately I don't see a way to make the Wii U any less expensive than what it is for retail unless the prices they use just drop.

Companies send out Development kits to developers for them to make games, companies don't bribe the developers to make games, it's completely up to the developers and the publishers upholding to decide whether or not to make games for the system.

Also, games and consoles are still more or less affordable for families with the median amount of income. The Wii U comes in a bundle with two Mario games for $300 here, that still fits withing your $200-$300 price range, and games are still $60 new at retail, just like they were in the 90's, so it's not that the Wii U isn't doing too hot because it's overpriced, it's because it doesn't have a popular audience.

Part of the problem is at fault at developers for not wanting to develop games for the Wii U, and part of it is at fault of Nintendo for doing a horrendous job of advertising for the Wii U and not convincing people to buy the thing and not convincing developers that the thing is worth making games for.

P.much what sweet said and @ noob nintendo would drop out all together before ever going third party probably

well besides this those games "could" still boost the sales dramatically

Well that just my point of veiw on things. but then again I don't really own a WiiU, PS4, or, Xbox-one. I'm retiring from owning any more new game consoles at this point of my life anyway. pretty much satisfy what I have :goodmood: :

Snes(ment condition)

N64(ment condition)

PS1(still works)

Saturn(still breathing surprisingly)

Dreamcast (still works thank goodness)

gameboy color( though still works but R.I.P.)

Gamboy advance [sP] ( Ment condition and the reason I said R.I.P to my gameboy color)

PS2( still working hoping it can last more longer since i own alot of RPG games for it)

Gamecube( still works and a back up in case my WiI goes out)

Wii(still works I consider it a alternative for gamecube)

Xbox360( still work and just like my PS2 own alot of Rpg games hoping to keep it Longer)

3DS(currently playing and working great. I had a DS but traded in for this system since it was an upgrade)

Well that just my point of veiw on things. but then again I don't really own a WiiU, PS4, or, Xbox-one. I'm retiring from owning any more new game consoles at this point of my life anyway. pretty much satisfy what I have :goodmood: :

Snes(ment condition)

N64(ment condition)

PS1(still works)

Saturn(still breathing surprisingly)

Dreamcast (still works thank goodness)

gameboy color( though still works but R.I.P.)

Gamboy advance [sP] ( Ment condition and the reason I said R.I.P to my gameboy color)

PS2( still working hoping it can last more longer since i own alot of RPG games for it)

Gamecube( still works and a back up in case my WiI goes out)

Wii(still works I consider it a alternative for gamecube)

Xbox360( still work and just like my PS2 own alot of Rpg games hoping to keep it Longer)

3DS(currently playing and working great. I had a DS but traded in for this system since it was an upgrade)

My Gamecube is shit. Whenever I try to play games it's fan just stops working and that's the sign of the game going to freaking crash or cause the disc unreadable. Soon it will probably explode o.o

They already said they are firm on not becoming a third-party member.

That is bad though at the same time i'm sure Iwata is making a shit ton of money even with a reduced pay check

Yeah but Nintendo gaming (pretty much Mario Franchise) is to well known to alot of people Like Sega with Sonic Franchise in a since if things don't go well with their Game consoles in next few years they may not have any choice but to become third-party to keep them selfs alive.  Sega made that choice after they last Game console (Dreamcast) so I still say that is a possibility. =P

I wouldn't know anything about Plus and Minus, but Iwata did denounce any plans of releasing a new console any time soon during Nintendo's recent financial briefing earlier this month. He did say that they were investing in some health care products? but I'm not completely sure.