GOKU - ALPHA

Demitri

Indeed the sprites look fangastic.

But shouldn't an Alpha have more than just the basic standing attacks? Looks more like a rush to get it out fast than anything else in order to get more feedback.

Since it is Ax we're talking about, my expectations are limited to say the least. Like Genesis, I too shall wait for a final version but even then I doubt I'll keep him in my roster unless he surpasses the or has the same amount of fun factor of Balthazar's Goku Z2/SSJ Goku Z2.

GOKU - ALPHA

Posted Image

DOWNLOAD

http://mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/t2534-goku-alpha-release

An early release preview of a character's progress. This version only has basic standing attacks. So it does not have crouching or jumping attacks. Many commands have been disabled but the character should be playable though there may be some bits missing if I missed something somewhere? Some or many sprites are incomplete or need more editing, but it's basically there for an update in the future later on for its beta release.

Indeed the sprites look fangastic.

But shouldn't an Alpha have more than just the basic standing attacks? Looks more like a rush to get it out fast than anything else in order to get more feedback.

Since it is Ax we're talking about, my expectations are limited to say the least. Like Genesis, I too shall wait for a final version but even then I doubt I'll keep him in my roster unless he surpasses the or has the same amount of fun factor of Balthazar's Goku Z2/SSJ Goku Z2.

Alpha means missing stuff, usually basics.

Beta means basics all done, but lacking final stuff, maybe specials, extra stuff, etc.

then anything completed completely is just a final release.

With this Goku I'ma try and do it different for sure, there is all ready a MvC Goku so I'ma do different moves, make new hit sparks, etc. Just so it's different enough to want to download alternatively.

Alpha means missing stuff, usually basics.

Beta means basics all done, but lacking final stuff, maybe specials, extra stuff, etc.

then anything completed completely is just a final release.

With this Goku I'ma try and do it different for sure, there is all ready a MvC Goku so I'ma do different moves, make new hit sparks, etc. Just so it's different enough to want to download alternatively.

Thanks for explaining the difference between an Alpha and a Beta. I've always been not so sure about those until now.

But if Alpha means missing stuff like the basics, why should one even consider releasing a character at an Alpha state?

The way I think it's supposed to be is to release a Beta, get feedback, fix the stuff and gradually come to a solid and finished "product".

Regardless, best of luck AxSeeker!

thanks.

Well for Christmas I just had to share my stuff, however, I also share my incomplete works for various reasons as well.

One of those reasons being that if I hang onto an alpha or beta and on my way outside I suddenly get shot to death or get hit by a bus will result in me never being able to complete my work. I reasoned within myself that it be better to have something out there rather than nothing at all for such a possible scenario.

Doing this has also preserved my work from a similar scenario which has happend to me recently; my PC oveheated and stopped working so all of my wips became unaccessible to me. However by releasing betas or alphas, myself or someone else can at least continue my work on another machine without having to start it from scratch. Many of my wips were backed up this way and it's saved me many times.

I like warehouses to because someone out of the bunch has my characters backed up for me in case of an emergency. It's great that all I have to do is post a character request to get my work back.

Many don't support my decision and in many ways it has defamed me among the elite though I don't really care about my user name getting such useless approval. I don't make these things just for them, I make it for everybody. It really makes no difference, eventually the final version will be uploaded for all to enjoy, so an alpha or a beta having a release between that time won't matter much anyway.

in other words you make it and don't care if its good or not. Is that about right? sounds like same philosophy you have always followed. But hey some people like that so go ahead i suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

this was already posted in news, just to let you know.

He is the creator, hence he posted it here.

so we should remove the one from News.

AX.

THE HELL DUDE!

CAN'T YOU ALIGN SPRITES? JEEZ.