How Do You Play M.U.G.E.N.?

MUGENerX

So, I've been playing M.U.G.E.N. 1.0 for quite some time... and even so, no matter what game I play or where I go; there is always at least 1 or 2 people whom seem to take "offense" or "distaste" towards others.

Even in a game such as this, where the world is your oyster... gamers are still insulting or targeting other gamers because they play "differently".

That being said [not going to name any names here], but I am curious...

Do you prefer to play M.U.G.E.N. in a balanced environment [such as only characters from X-Men vs. Street Fighter + Marvel vs. Capcom]?

Or is your preference for an unbalanced gameplay [such as characters of all games, genres, and styles]?

With me, I prefer to have a little bit of everything... that way there is ALWAYS a challenge.

With balanced games [at least in my opinion], they seem to be a bit to "original" and not exactly "open" to something new.

In many ways, all it is... is adding a new character of the same fighting style, same moves, and same actions.

While unbalanced, it is a little bit of everything... and never truly knowing whom you will fight and how they will fight.

So, what about you... unbalanced or balanced?

I attempt to keep it balanced, but that's pretty difficult to achieve, especially if you want a decently complete collection.  But my taste in mugen characters reflects my taste in games in general.  I'm not a big of the new spam fighters like BBB and MVC3, but whatever floats your boat.

Mine would be balanced if i kicked out Kliff,since he has a big range and good damage,and is still faster than most of my other characters,but since i love Kliff i let him stay, Also,i play by buttonmashing 90% of the time,because reasons  

The nice part about MUGEN is that it is open sourced and you can always adjust stuff to balance things out. In other news, it is nice to pretend you can put different games together and everything works out OK, but in reality, each game has something specific or unique to it to try and set it apart from the others. So in that respect, Capcom vs. Mortal Kombat will kinda miss because Capcom doesn't have the fatalities and likely Mortal Kombat doesn't have birdies, skulls, and the like either. So with that said, I tend to keep my MUGEN stuff separated by game type which would lend to balanced I guess. I like what is. I got the originals but its nice having something adjustable too. And that old adage, "Balanced = gameplay. Unbalanced = cheap". I like the 'MUGEN only' stuff the best though. Stuff like Fallen Down MUGEN, Twisted Fate, Ninja Warriors, and stuff like that. I would love to see a full fledged MUGEN only game someday.

well in my mugem roster there's 99% of mine created characters

some characters what I have are improved to unselectable section

no everyday but,sometimes I get into the survival mode and play 1 hour and I'm closing the mugen...

other:

I got folder with 1100 characters,I'm not done with them in roster because I'm not playing mugen so much,all day I'm programing in mugen on computer :P

also:

I'm using keyboard

my weakness:

D,DF,F,D,DB,B_any button

I'm not realy good in this case

but I know to use only QCB,FDF,QCF,2QCF and so on...

My roster pretty much seperates in terms of both Laptop and Computer.

Computer: I use it to test new characters I downloaded, though I tend to play it out of boredom.

Laptop: Tried to balance it out as possible, though I put in a few cheap characters (Admittingly on the bottom row that I called the "boss section") just for the "fun" of it.

I play it on my PC and on the go via USB Flash Drive. My MUGEN are stuff I chose to download (Original, edits, Marvel, Capcom, Sega, Namco etc.). I play survival mode and I beat the crap out of them using M.Bison by Mouser, Morrigan by hsiethm or my edit of WereGarurumon by Great Matsutzu. Of all characters that are in my MUGEN, only ONE I will NOT release. Aside from that, I play for hours in Survival Mode... once I get tired and want to do something else, I'll F1 myself and my opponents. So again... my MUGEN is basically a roster with chars I chose to download (I have 506 characters. The ones I have more than one version are Cammy(2 versions), Bison(5), Morrigan(3), B.B.Hood(2) and Talbain(2)).