Your Mugen 1.1a4 needs cured (4v4, no fps, etc)

NotAGoodName

[Preview]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65acvGhsuiU

It's Mugen, so I'm posting this random video.  Use your imagination.

[Download]

Mugen 1.1a4 with no framerate counter (includes 3v3 and 4v4 mods)

Mugen 1.1a4 3v3 and 4v4 (normal)

Requires a complete Mugen 1.1a4 installation.

[Comment]

Ok guys.  I know you dudes love to play Mugen on your Coco 2s and 486 systems, but it's time to meet the future.  And by "the future", I mean like 2007.

3v3 and 4v4 mods are just like for Mugen 1.0.  Pick watch mode, pick simul, get 3 or 4 dudes on your team at once, push ctrl+1 to enable your player.  Fun.

No framerate counter hack removes the miniscule framecounter in the top right corner.  Now Pentium 2 gamers can enjoy Mugen without being reminded of how slow it's running.

3v3 and 4v4? Hell no. If 2v2 are already broken in mugen, you can imagine a 4x4. And I don't remember Mugen having a 4x4 (8 chars on screen) option

8 characters at once is absolutely chaotic and much more fun to watch than play.  Not a bad way to make screenshots with lots of action and several palettes on display, I guess.  Alas, the "lack" of 3v3 an 4v4 mods for Mugen 1.1 has been brought to my attention more than once, so I gather that it's popular.

4v4 will give the group of 4 much less health than 2v2 if Single vs simul advantage is set to 300%. A Soul Eraser is enough to wipe them all out at once if they don't have good defense and don't guard the move. It would've been good if there was a debug key to set AI on Player's 5-8 without being in Watch Mode. This is ideal if someone wants to watch a 4v4 survival mode.

so is there ever going to be a 3v3 and 4v4 mod for winmugen, and hi res winmugen?

I hate you.  I hate to play this card, but look.  I just mowed half of my crab grass ridden yard with a reel mower.  I grew up using DOS.  I played Microsoft Golf 1.0 in middle school.  I remember Windows 95 with a great fondness.  I hate power tools.  I hate smart phones.  I hate wifi.  I hate >90% of music made since 1999.  I am one of the most old fashioned and anachronistic people that my friends and acquaintances know.  If I'm the guy that has to drag you kicking and screaming into the future, then you're doing it wrong.

can u use wind mugen characters in 1,1

Yes.  If a character or stage has any issue running in Mugen 1.1, it's probably because it's coded poorly.  I've never used winmugen, and I've only run into one character that I couldn't fix.  That was some GG1 Testament.  Every other problem character has been relatively easy to fix.  The most common issue is that there's overused or malformed clipboard states that need to be nulled out.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news, everyone!

4v4 will give the group of 4 much less health than 2v2 if Single vs simul advantage is set to 300%. A Soul Eraser is enough to wipe them all out at once if they don't have good defense and don't guard the move. It would've been good if there was a debug key to set AI on Player's 5-8 without being in Watch Mode. This is ideal if someone wants to watch a 4v4 survival mode.

This is possible!

Go down to the very bottom of your Mugen.cfg and find the [console init] section and add the following.

keybind["^5"] = "mugen.toggleplayerai(5)" keybind["^6"] = "mugen.toggleplayerai(6)" keybind["^7"] = "mugen.toggleplayerai(7)" keybind["^8"] = "mugen.toggleplayerai(8)"

If you don't have this section, then you probably missed it when you tried to upgrade your Mugen 1.0 to Mugen 1.1.  I know this from experience.

So anyways.  Yeah, you can now play 4v4 survival and arcade mode.  For the unawares, your teammates are players 3, 5, and 7.  So you need to push ctrl+3, ctrl+5, ctrl+7 before the round starts.

Yet another reason to quit using crappy old versions of Mugen.

Does this work with the newly-released beta, or just the alpha?

I will make 3v3 and 4v4 hacks of the new beta when I get time.  I don't have internet at home right now, so you'll have to wait until maybe Friday or so at the earliest.

So that's a no then :P

Well, it's just a hex edited exe of mugen 1.1 alpha 4.  It's not like it works that way.  There's no working with anything.  I guess you could have this 3v3 and 4v4 in the same directory as the beta mugen.exe, but there's no magic version swap that's going to take place.

As promised, here's 3v3 and 4v4 versions of Mugen 1.1b1.

DOWNLOAD

* 3v3.exe and 4v4.exe

Same as the Mugen 1.0 versions basically.

* 3v3_ai357.exe and 4v4_ai357.exe

Some changes to the keybinds to make it possible to play 3 and 4 player simultaneous survival mode.

ctrl+2 = toggleai player 3

ctrl+3 = toggleai player 5

ctrl+4 = toggleai player 7

• 2 weeks later...

hi, i'm a new user in this forum.

@notagoodgame: can you update this patch for mugen1.1 beta 1 patch 1?

in this older version i have a annoying bug with explods, are completely black.

I have that porb too, but Patch 1 didn't fix it.

Try fixing the character's explods.

why not? elecbyte says that fix it. However if you overwrite the ".exe" file with this patch it will reappear because the patch is of the older version.

this patch pratically downgrade you mugen version, to verify try to press F1 at the title screen and you will see that report "mugen 1.1 beta 1" rather than "mugen 1.1 beta 1 patch 1"