Killer Instinct for Xbox One

DartzPie

So how long we spilled an ultra combo?

Well... Killer Instinct has been announce.

This was announced for the Xbox One tailer so idk if it would be for ps4.

This still doesn't convince me. For an Xbox One

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why isn't B. Orchid shown anywhere in the trailer she is pretty much a character people would recognize right away and dare I say pretty much the unofficial face of KI. To me its like showing of a new street fighter without showing Ryu somewhere.    

Why isn't B. Orchid shown anywhere in the trailer she is pretty much a character people would recognize right away and dare I say pretty much the unofficial face of KI. To me its like showing of a new street fighter without showing Ryu somewhere.  

I guess "Developers"  :awesome  thought those where the main characters.

For me this is not KI at all, doesn't have that KI feeling.

I agree Microsoft fucked up Killer Instinct for us (The long time veteran players/fans). I think I find that utter bullshit about Microsoft is that they have the rights to Rare right? Why didn't Microsoft use Rare's same development team that gave us that same Killer Instinct masterpiece like Rare did in the past? Microsoft is so full of crap up to there eyebrows and to top it all off with a cherry on top, Microsoft has to have an arrogant developer who erases feedback comments on the Xbox YouTube Channel and has to be one of those idiots believing the whole "this is gonna sell thing"

I found out Microsoft desperately bought a license for Kingdom hearts lll to get some of those fans that like Kingdom Hearts but didn't own a PlayStation console but loved the KH series to buy a Xbox One to play KH lll, So people thinking Square Enix is a sellout think again this isn't Square Enix's fault it's Microsoft's fault and failure. 

PS4 = One

Xbox One = Zero

It's just me or it's look like a Street Fighter 4??? Well, still happy this game has come back!

It does. If I remember correctly, according to an interview, Double Helix doesn't know how to make a fighting game, so they brought in people from Capcom and other companies to help make this game.

I grew up on Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, and Nintendo, so unfortunately I missed out on this series. I kinda want to try this game out, if only because I'm really liking that sabrewolf, but......Xbox One :noway:

A lot of people sure are saying "Doesn't have that Killer Instinct feel". Is it just the Street Fighter 4 graphics, or is it also gameplay? I know there were some changes here or there.

Hey fellas, you might wanna know about this. Just saw this.

Tekken isn't the only major fighting game series with a sequel that starts off costing nothing. The Xbox One's launch day fighting game Killer Instinct will also be free. You'll get one character, Jago, to play against anyone.

And you'll get a rebirth of a long-dormant series

You can then pay for other characters.

"We wanted to do something disruptive," Microsoft producer Torin Rettig told me as people played the new Killer Instinct near us at a Monday night Xbox One showcase tied to E3. "We wanted to do something that took into consideration how most people play fighting games. Most people who play fighting games aen’t even going to play half the characters. Why not let them play the characters they want?” Each character other than Jago can be purchased individually. Players will be able to buy bunches of characters at a better value.

http://kotaku.com/killer-instinct-on-xbox-one-is-free-for-your-first-cha-512655221

Good idea really... lol This is like Tank Tank Tank on the Wii u (except it was worth buying) you can only play it three times a day intill you bought DLC for it. This is a bad move because if your done with the game you can't trade it in.

It does. If I remember correctly, according to an interview, Double Helix doesn't know how to make a fighting game, so they brought in people from Capcom and other companies to help make this game.

I grew up on Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, and Nintendo, so unfortunately I missed out on this series. I kinda want to try this game out, if only because I'm really liking that sabrewolf, but......Xbox One :noway:

A lot of people sure are saying "Doesn't have that Killer Instinct feel". Is it just the Street Fighter 4 graphics, or is it also gameplay? I know there were some changes here or there.

Yea, you right man. I'm also sad this game is exclusive for Xbox One. I really wanna play this game on PS4.

Hey fellas, you might wanna know about this. Just saw this.

http://kotaku.com/killer-instinct-on-xbox-one-is-free-for-your-first-cha-512655221

Well...for me is a 50-50. 50% good and 50% bad. The good is yea, people can choose/buy the only characters that they want so kinda save a little money, but the bad is, a player like me (and I know there's a tons of people out there also like me) want a fighting game with a perfect full roster regardless how the characters is. So, we only got Jago and the rest is a DLC that you have to pay??? Second worst DLC after Street Fighter x Tekken DLC.

Oh yeah, the Jago only feature :redcard:

I wonder if there'll at least be some way for players to try out a character before having to buy them...Or will they just make you buy blind, then you find out you hate the character, repeat over and over till you find your perfect character, ask for a refund on the rest, and finally get Microsoft's response of "LOL No! :troll: "

Honestly, this sounds like a good idea on paper, except that this is a reboot of a decade old game, so today's kids aren't familiar with the characters, and everyone's been altered, so veteran players wouldn't be familiar with these new versions either. This sort of system would work with...say...Street Fighter, since it's been out long enough for people to learn their favorite character. This game on the other hand is pretty much a brand new series and only a few people have even tried the characters.