How Do I Convert A 1.1 Character To A 1.0 Character?

NijikakuFan61

Question

8 answers to this question

There is no simple solution.
Make sure that the .sff can be read by 1.0, (I think 16 bit, compared to 1.1's 32 bit)
Find all instances of 1.1 only code, and replace it with code that works in 1.0 and performs identical behavior to the one you replaced.  I'd imagine depending on the code used, this can either be rather simple or a living nightmare.

2 hours ago, vgma2 said:

There is no simple solution.
Make sure that the .sff can be read by 1.0, (I think 16 bit, compared to 1.1's 32 bit)
Find all instances of 1.1 only code, and replace it with code that works in 1.0 and performs identical behavior to the one you replaced.  I'd imagine depending on the code used, this can either be rather simple or a living nightmare.

Converting the sprites itself to 16 bit can be a quite nightmare.

Websta's characters uses 32 bit effect sprites, indexing to 16 bit (which is not a fun process) would reduce their image quality and you have to adjust their transparency in order to make them works properly in 1.0

just run 320x240 1.1.

but anyways, yes its a whole conversion thing. Sometimes characters are made for 1.1 but don't really use anything from it which can easily work. Other times... no.

On 5/23/2016 at 10:05 PM, NijikakuFan61 said:

I'm trying to convert some of Omegapsycho and Websta's 1.1 characters into my 1.0 screenpack. Any ways I could change them from a 1.1 character into a 1.0 character?

if just a fake 1.1 character, you can use directly in 1.0

if it's a real 1.1 character

used 32bit png, and 1.1 codes

you can't

best answer is use 1.1 + openGL

there is no reason not use it unless you PC is 10+ years old.

or if you PC is 10- old, it must you didn't install your GPU driver (usually the GPU inside your Intel/AMD) CPU