What's your fighting game history?

LansingWolverine

my first fighting game was ssb for the n64(i remember leaving preschool or kindergarden or somthing to get it lol)

(i sucked at it then but i'm better at it now)

i honestly never knew about many fighting games like street fighter at those times. i was

mostly playing platformers like sonic n stuff

but really this is because i played pokemon gold for most of my childhood.

but i did manage to play mvc2 at one early point in my childhood :P

My fighting game life began with............"Street Fighter II: Champion Edition"!!!

ZrmOgCs.jpgK0GmqsU.jpg

U4KxUfo.jpg2OU6zm0.jpg

Back in those SFII'CE times, I spent endless amount of coins and hours on the SFII'CE machine in the arcade.

When I heard of news that the NEC PC-Engine has got a SFII'CE release, I saved up my $$$ within about 1.6 years, just to buy the PCE console and the PCE cartridge:

jgjHpPB.jpg  gDpeda2.jpg  kgVT6rv.jpg

I mained Blanka and Guile and I won quite a few matches against people in the arcade and my friends in my apartment room.  :=D:

Then, in the following order:

- Dragon Ball Z Super Butouden 1/2/3  (Super Famicom)

- Mortal Kombat I & II  (arcade)

- Samurai Shodown I & II  (arcade)

- Street Fighter III  (arcade)

- Street Fighter IV (PC)

That's it for me!  I know my list is so short............

All other and newer fighting games, I just tried a few times because either I was not interested in or I did not have much access to them at all (except those PC-emulated ones but I still don't play much just for testing purpose).

I don't know but.......those newer popular ones like KOF/MVC/VS/Blazblue/Sengoku Basara-X/Persona 4 Arena/Fist of the North Star/Chaos Code/Guilty Gear/Arcana Heart/Melty Blood......I think some are too hard for me to play (I have no skill for advanced systems than SF series).......and some are too flashy for my poor eyes......except for Ougon Musou Kyoku,surprisingly my hands and eyes could accept OMK......

Then, MUGEN came across in my fighting gaming life!  It changed my fighting game life quite a bit!

So, MUGEN is my latest fighting game for now.  yociexp46.gif

much respect to everyone who posted here! even those who have little experience brought a lot to the table in their own respect. I loved my experience cuz it kept me out of a lot of trouble growing up and made me see there was a bigger community beyond that weed spot on lewis ave lol!!

Basically, I'm asking how and why did you start playing fighting games. i.e. Your first fighting game, arcade or console, etc.

Oh, and which fighting games you own, too. Also, add a link to some music to listen to while reading your story, please.

I guess I'll start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgkgnmp7hjg

Before 2005, I didn't care for the whole fighting genre, so when the first, second, and third Street Fighter came around, I ignored it.

So back in 2005, my uncle decided to give my dad a copy of MAME. When my dad downloaded it, he noticed Marvel vs. Capcom. He played it a lot, and I would watch him play. He would ask me if I wanted to play. I'd pass, heaven knows why. Eventually, I decided to give it a go. I failed badly. Later that day, I did some research, and found out more about MvC, and MAME. Days later, I decided to try again. I almost got to Onslaught. After that, I decided to get my dad a gift. The next day, when I got to his house, i gave him the gift; a PS2 controller, so we could play multiplayer. We both got better at the game. 6 years later, we forgot the game, mostly because MAME never worked a year later after getting the controller. I remembered MAME and the times we would have playing it. Since I got better at computers at that time, I looked up how to use MUGEN. I downloaded it on my dad's computer, and got MvC on it. I called him in and showed him what I've done. Ever since then, I decided to get more games on it for him. So I picked Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike. I downloaded it, and put it on MUGEN. When I first started playing, I realized that I love Street Fighter. Around that time, I got a PS2. And I knew my dad's birthday was soon, so I gave him an early birthday gift, Marvel vs. Capcom 2. Although I had the PS2, he'd come over to my house and we'd versus each other all the time. MvC2 is the first fighting game I owned. About a year later, me and my old man still love playing fighting games, such as UMvC3, SSF4, etc.

Games I own:

KOF 94,

KOF 95,

KOF 96,

KOF 97,

KOF 98,

KOF 99

KOF 2000,

KOF 2001,

KOF XI,

KOF XIII,

UMvC3,

MvC2,

Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol. 1 & 2,

SF3TS:OE,

SFxT,

SSF4:AE,

SSBB,

TR,

and SFA2.

Oh, and my favorite fighting game is a tie between Real Bout Fatal Fury 2: The Newcomers, and Street Fighter III 3rd Strike.

I'm not that guy who's into fighting games but I my fighting history begins from Super Smash Bros Melee, my very first fighting game I've played.I also went on to play Brawl after that. If not considered "fighting game material", technically my first fighting game was MVC3.

like every one from my vilage,I started with tekken 3 in old 2003...agh man,old times are fucking good...

then in 2011 I found more fighting games and I started to love them (includes bootleg ones,because in my country there weren't any bootleg fighting games,there's were only multicarts)

with found stuff,I started to read more about companies and their games...that's how I found my inner self...

I start to play my first fighting game in year 1998 at a game shop near my house where I have to pay $2.00 to play it for half-an-hou. My first fighting game is Marvel vs Street Fighter in Sega Saturn. My first two characters that I use were Wolverine and Ryu. I have fun playing with it and eventually got addicted to this game and that is the reason why the vs. cross over series are my favorite fighting games like Capcom vs. SNK, Mortal Kombat vs DC, Street Fighter X Tekken etc. After I have shifted my house near to a shopping complex, there was an Arcade centre there with Marvel vs Street Fighter. I play it almost everyday. I did play other games like Street Fighter EX, Street Fighter 3, King of Fighters 98, King of Fighters 99 etc from that Arcade Centre and I did not really enjoy these games only Marvel vs. Street Fighter appeal to me. There is also Marvel vs Capcom too I played it a few times but I still enjoy playing Marvel vs Street Fighter most. Marvel vs Capcom Origin should have include Marvel vs Street Fighter =.='' Anyway in 2008, I bought a PS2 since I have got enough money and I bought a few fighting games like SNK vs Capcom Chaos, Neogeo Battle Coliseum, King of Fighters 2002, Samurai Spirits 6, King of Fighters Neowave, The Last Blade Collection, Garou Mark of the Wolves, King of Fighters XI, Capcom vs SNK 2, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection, King of Fighters Maximum Impact 2, Guilty Gear XX AC, King of Fighters Maximum Impact Regulation A, Fatal Fury Battle Archieve 2, King of Fighters 2003, King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match, King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, King of Fighters Nests Saga and a few others. I have yet to buy King of Fighters Orochi Saga, Vampire: DarkStalker Collection and Samurai Spirits Anthology. I bought PS3 in year 2010. I bought Super Street Fighter 4, King of Fighters XIII, Marvel vs Capcom 3, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Street Fighter X Tekken. I rarely play PS3 games but play PS2 games like King of Fighters series because I am trying to make a Mugen character from King of Fighters Series to get an idea of how the character is played.

werewood, seeing that sf2 cabinet made me feel so old man lol!!!

If I were to be winning a lottery, then I would probably go for this guy's way:

QGcrqj2.jpg

Michael Thomasson

Since his 12th Christmas, he got his first video game set.  For his next 31 years, he has been keeping to make his video game sets grow like crazy.

Guinness World Records suggested that he has collected more than 11,000 video game sets.  Total value of his collection is about US$ 700,000-800,000 estimated.

He loves video games so much that he even tries to make his own video games.  He also teaches 2D animation and video game design at schools.

If I were to be winning a lottery, then I would probably go for this guy's way:

QGcrqj2.jpg

Michael Thomasson

Since his 12th Christmas, he got his first video game set.  For his next 31 years, he has been keeping to make his video game sets grow like crazy.

Guinness World Records suggested that he has collected more than 11,000 video game sets.  Total value of his collection is about US$ 700,000-800,000 estimated.

He loves video games so much that he even tries to make his own video games.  He also teaches 2D animation and video game design at schools.

I really want to visit the NMOP but I have no traveling $$$ :donwan: :

lAPG5UR.png

NMOP information:  http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/10/strong-museum-video-games/

By the way, there are two(2) fighting game (FTG) online directories I found useful for a reference:

- (English) http://www.fightersgeneration.com/

- (Japanese) http://choujin.50webs.com/minor/games.htm

If anyone needs some FTG memory-refreshing, then the above two(2) fighting game (FTG) online directories might be of help.

• 1 year later...

I need to tell everyone, of all the stages & things I shared, and even this game not being a fighter, I only played the Smash bros games all 4 except the Wii U version, I saw Mugen in 2007 and downloaded it in 2013, as I've seen many fighting game series, Guilty Gear, Street Fighter, Melty Blood, Blazblue. I really don't know anything about them besides the characters, but even not having much fighting game experience. I can still enjoy Mugen.

It started at my cousins house, with PlayStation Demo Disc 3 Crash Bandicoot, and Mortal Kombat.

Eventually I got my own PSx, and I was pressing buttons on the controller before my dad could connect the composite wires, when it appeared the first game I played was Medevil.

After which years later and many PSX games later, I got into emulation I played almost all snes games at least once.

Its rounded me insanely when it comes to games and ideas.

then GBC (Pokemon red, blue, green, eventually yellow, gold, silver)

I remember the first time i played pokemon and my pokemon got poisoned, the screen would become mosaic, it scared the shit out of me cause I thought I was doing something wrong or that I was busted for illegally pirating pokemon. LOL.

one of my favorite PS1 games is Destrega, A fighting game like no other, I even did a walkthru of its story mode on my old youtube channel.

When I first played fighting games, I believe it was Mortal Kombat for the Genesis when I was little. I wasn't that much into it nor knew what I was doing back then. When I got older, I played SF2 for the Genesis and then X-Men Vs Street Fighter, where I mained Chun-Li and Magneto. Then Darkstalkers, which triggered my likeness towards Talbain and Morrigan and then MvC1. I stopped playing fighting games when my MvC1 stopped working on the PS1. Haven't played it since then until Super Smash Bros Brawl and MUGEN. MUGEN opened me up to other fighting games and thus brought me to the game I favor the most, Marvel Vs Capcom 2. 

MvC2 and Smash Bros Brawl/4 remain as my favorite fighting games today and because of that, I've started a MvC2 conversion project months back.

My history goes like this:

[Arcade]

SF1

MK1

Final Fight1

(SneS)

SF2

SSF2

MK1

MK2

MK3

Ki

Fatal Fury

Fatal Fury2/special

AOF

Final Fight 2

Final Fight 3

[import-Snes (super Famicom)]

Ranma 1/2 hard battle

Ranma 1/2 (forgot the title)

DBZ

Gundam battle (forgot title)

FOTN

Sailor moon (my sister loved that game)

[Neo-Geo Arcade]

KOF 94

KOF 95

Waka-Waka 7

Galaxy Fight

Double-Dragon

Rage of the Dragons

Last Blade1

Last Blade 2

Samurai Showdown 1

Samurai Showdown 2

[PS1]

SFA1

SFA2

SFA3

X-Man COTA

X-man vs SF

Marvel vs. Capcom

Rival Schools

KOF 95

KOF 96

KOF 97

KOF 98

Real-bout Fatal Fury1

Real-bout Fatal Fury2/ special

Real-bout Fatal Fury3

Tekken 1

Tekken 2

MK trilogy

[import Ps1]

DB GT

Super sailor moon [My sister used to always play this game]

VG

Ranma 1/2 (3D)

....(.some other I forgot)...

[N64]

MK4

Ki 2

Wargods

Mace

SSB 64

[Dreamcast]

Rival Schools 2 Project justice

Mark of the Wolfs

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

Dead or Alive 2

Cannon Spike

Bloody Roar

Soul Caliber 1

SF3 3rd strike

CVS 1

CVS 2

[PS2]

SF collection

KOF 99

KOF 2000

KOF 2K1

KoF 2k2

KOF Mi

KOF 2k3

Neo-geo Battle Colissium

SFA3

Capcom Fighting Jam

Tekken 4

Tekken Tag

MK deception

MK Deadly Alliance

MK Armagaddon

Soul Caliber 3

[Gamcube]

SSB melee

Bloody Roar 3

CVS 2

Godzilla

Soul Caliber 2

[Xbox 360] (which i don't own anymore)

SF4( SS - Ultra)

Tekken5

Tekken6

dead or alive 4

Marvel vs Capcom 3

[Nintendo 3DS]

Super SF4

SSB4

Yep I had a good history with fighting games but I'm mostly a RPG player. :goodmood:

one of my favorite PS1 games is Destrega, A fighting game like no other, I even did a walkthru of its story mode on my old youtube channel.

I thought I was the only one who really liked that game. The rock, paper scissors fighting system was genuis. My favorite character was Raone. His Kamahameha style attack was boss. It even went through walls and structures.

I liked the classics like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, any Capcom vs game. But I also was obscure fighting games. Evil Zone comes to mind. I played just about any classic fighting game they made on SNES. Power Instinct, Power Moves, World Heroes 1/2, Fatal Fury 1/2/Special, Samurai Showdown...actually I'm not gonna list. It's to many. I even remember a game called Ballz. Yep...Ballz. I even compiled a combo guide for Bloody Roar and WCW Nitro.