Shion (Beta release 10/17/12)

Otasira

Hello again, I figured I might as well deepen my understanding of coding, making a character, etc. by making a more simple character, but in my own way.

I know Shion had a more complex style, while SNK keeps their gameplay kinda stiff, but I want him/her to have a more quick and combo diverse game mechanic.

I've gotten a lot done so I think a video would suffice more than in-game screenshots, so, I shall begin recording some in-game play when it's ready to do so, as of now, I have some more to do with the coding to make it more appealing.

Here's a preview of what's done!

I feel as if I forgot to show some things though.. oh well!

I hope you enjoy it, though I have some more to work to do on it!

I got all this done in the course of 2-3 days!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO8BeUhQQ-Q&feature=youtu.be

Beta Release - http://www.mediafire...m5vo7ho77tvi46n

Stage - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?q9hq928rzvy6s72

Please note that I still have some work to do with replacing the hitsparks and arrange some voice, other than that, (s)he's playable.

Hello again, I figured I might as well deepen my understanding of coding, making a character, etc. by making a more simple character, but in my own way.

I know Shion had a more complex style, while SNK keeps their gameplay kinda stiff, but I want him/her to have a more quick and combo diverse game mechanic.

I've gotten a lot done so I think a video would suffice more than in-game screenshots, so, I shall begin recording some in-game play when it's ready to do so, as of now, I have some more to do with the coding to make it more appealing.

[A video shall be uploaded shortly after I make the needed arrangements]

Ooohh, I'm interested! I'll be waiting for your release.

Thanks a million for all the confidence everyone! I deeply appreciate all the best wishes you're all giving me, it touches my heart. I uploaded a preview video of what's done so far, I hope to be able to release a beta later on today!

i havent seen a stage like that before and im interested in getting it. could you provide a download link? Also your shion looks very good. Perhaps you can use KOFXIII hitsparks?Other than that very nice progress cant wait to see final result

first its a "He" since Shion is a guy

2nd the character had about 3 diffrent style in the source game, which in one uses his bare hands to fight

I know that, I'm just used to call her a she, since I only just knew that she's a he a week. ago.

And 2nd I know that too, I have Juke's Shion, so it uses both Bare Hands and Spear style.

hmm? Did you disable her of using a spear?

At the moment, yes.

But if all goes well, and I learn how to code different states, I could patch it in sometime.

i havent seen a stage like that before and im interested in getting it. could you provide a download link? Also your shion looks very good. Perhaps you can use KOFXIII hitsparks?Other than that very nice progress cant wait to see final result

Sure thing, I'll be uploading the file now.

And thanks, Shion's actually coming out a lot better than I thought.

For my first character, I was expecting something to go wrong.

As for the hit sparks, it'd be a good idea, but I have no idea of where to attain them.

we already have a few KOF XIII chars... you could "borrow" the hitsparks from them if the author gives permission and doesnt mind Or you can download the KOf XIII sprites and get the hitsparks from there. Just a thought. thanx for the stage.