I wanna Start Making Stuff For Mugen.

Sou-Bot

Its a noob question but let me tell you when i love to do something i try so hard to make it look Guud so please bear with me... Ive never made something for mugen...but im willing to start making Screenpacks & stages, (in Hires), my question is: Is it gonna be a lil bit easier for someone has some experience in the graphics field to make SP, Stages!! or its totally different? The things that im gonna need!!! Some tuttorials please!! And of course im gonna need your help when i face problems with making these stuff..

Try a screenpack bro!

Yes ill but first i need to take some coding leasons....

Try making screenpacks cause you do a good work in graphics and yeah you can do good stages too. So you already made the right choice, you just have to start learning some coding.

Thanks "Leo" appreciated & you're right, its time to make something for mugen.

im stupid he DID make a stage tutorial forget everything i said

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNd2g76J0Wg&feature=plcp

Thank you so much, im sure that im gonna learn many stuff from that tut...

I'm just like u Sou-Bot I'm just like u

Lets see what we can do :goodmood: . .

I also did a screenpack tutorial.

Having a graphical/artistic sense helps ALOT in mugen. its an ability that you have that makes you better than me in terms of coming up with ideas for screenpacks or stages. the difference is our knowledge on the field. but your ability as a photoshop artist will definately help you out greatly.

Go for, Sou-Bot! I had little or no graphic skillz. But I just dove right in. Research, study, and ask for help. Ryons got some good tutorials. Check'm out. I gotcha back. I'm still learning everyday, but I'll do what I can.

Thanks "Elder, im counting on your help, any stage or ScreenPack i make will be exclusively for "MFFA".

Maybe we can make some stages together in the future....

Having a graphical/artistic sense helps ALOT in mugen.

its an ability that you have that makes you better than me in terms of coming up with ideas for screenpacks or stages.

the difference is our knowledge on the field.

but your ability as a photoshop artist will definately help you out greatly.

Thanks! what you said is really motivating me....

Those videos are really amazing "Ryon", i donno nothing about making stages &SPs but i think youve explained almost everything...im learning so much from them right now.

Make more tuts pleeeeasse....

Hi Elder coding is ridiculous, im trying to make a Hires Stage first to get familiar with these stupid numbers in the "def" file and im following Ryon's tut for lowres stage.. Im not getting many problems with making lowres stages but Hires ones are pissing me off.... The Hires stage that im trying to make has 3 sprites..."Backgrounda", "Backgroundb" & "floor". The problem is when i try to test it in mugen i see three of "floor" in the middle, botton, above..

Yea. Almost all my stages are low-res. Well, actually they run at 640x480. So technically, they may be Hires. I've never been all that sure. The sprites for most of my stages look low-res, so...well...Ryon?

your stages are low res, mugen 1.0 just plays them full screened so it looks normal.

its not high res.

You're right 640x480 is for Hires stages, i know it cause i saw Ryon saying that in his tut.

your

spriteno = x,x

is probably the same on all 3 thats why? or maybe check your sff to make sure you didnt add the image 3 times?

your stages are low res, mugen 1.0 just plays them full screened so it looks normal.

its not high res.

your

spriteno = x,x

is probably the same on all 3 thats why? or maybe check your sff to make sure you didnt add the image 3 times?

I fixed it, the problem is with [bG 0,bgc] when i resized with "paintshop" it worked just fine but anyway this is how it looks in my def life:

;-------------------------------------

; Main background definition

[bGdef]

spr = SOU.sff

debugbg = 0

[bG 0,bga]

type = normal

spriteno = 0,0

start = 0,0

delta = 1, 1

mask = 1

[bG 0,bgb]

type = normal

spriteno = 0,1

start = 0,0

delta = 1, 1

mask = 1

[bG 0,bgc]

type = normal

spriteno = 0,2

start = 0,400

tile = 0, 1

tilespacing = 0, 0

delta = 1, 1

mask = 1

Nope, because i wanted to do something on my own to see what kind of errors i get and fix them, this way im gonna learn better i guess but i had to make sure the stage has three pieces like yours in your tut.