How To Make A Character (Complete!)

Ryon

The tutorials are very useful. I watch the first video in full and there was a scene where you dissmissed the ASU. There is a trick I found how to use "Alferd Spritesheet Unpacker (ASU)" (Wonder why it is Alferd instead of Alfred). 1.Drag the Sprite Sheet in ASU. Choose the sprite you want by click on it and export selected. 2.If your PC can open all choosen sprites at once then mark them all and open them with "Corel Draw Paint" at once. You will have amount of tabs for the pictures. 3.Choose "Picture" and reduce colour down to 256 for the first picture. 4.Click on the next tab on press "STRG+Y" (It will repeat the 256 colour setting)and repeat it for all pictures. 5.Close "Corel Draw Paint" then there will a pop up. Autosafe then all "png". 6.All png are now useable by IDraw. And the background colour is mostly none. (There are things I need to find out: The SOTN Castlevania has the Armor Knights which are in parts how to put them together without erasing the picture one want to add to.)

I had to dismiss ASU. because although it splits up images, and You found a way to reduce the color to 256. each image will NOT have the SAME pallete, it will have the same colors, but they will not be in the same pallete, and thus when you add sprites its all gonna be messed up. and.. what about the Armor Knight? You mean like having a body piece disappear or something?

I had to dismiss ASU.

because although it splits up images, and You found a way to reduce the color to 256.

easy image will NOT have the SAME pallete, it will have the same colors, but they will not be in the same pallete, and thus when you add sprites its all gonna be messed up.

and.. what about the Armor Knight?

You mean like having a body piece disappear or something?

Doh, thats horrible news but thanks for the answer.

There are Sword Lord Sprite Sheet for example and they are made up from armor pieces. Is there something to cut out a sprite at edges?

Since I want to but the armor together.

I'm having hard time with the sprites i ripped them already but their when i put it to FF it's color went like THIS

"purple" could you guys help me with it....TT^TT

its the way you converted the file to 256 color maybe.

remember how i select the alpha color in video 1 and edited the colors in video 2?

• 2 months later...

thank you so much Gohan! That means alot. I have discussed "Pausetimes, hit times, damage values, velocities, hypers, supers, " ranging from parts 3~6 sounds im saving for the last video. along with channel 0 stuff. CNS scaling vs. Localcoord Scaling, is a excellent idea for a topic. unfortunately, I do not use variables ENOUGH to teach a tutorial on it. especially in a -2 or -3 state. but Thanks for the ideas! after Shelly is finished i'm working on a Reversal Hitdef guide. I'm glad its helped in several ways. thank you. if you can share which way its helped you that would be wicked awesome.

I use variables all the time and can make a tutorial on them if anyone wants. I've made a tutorial on sprite ripping (posted on my YouTube channel) before, so I'm not all that foreign to the concept :P I'm obviously not going to do it if no one really cares lol.

• 1 month later...

I am wondering if someone could tell me if there is any way to turn a sprite that is small and make it larger such as the size of a ryu. If there is a way to do that and make the character actually look good or if i have to make the character from scratch that would be very much appreciated

• 1 month later...

because we have the GREEN UP ARROW to the bottom right of my post.

+1 me baby!

Thanks Borewood. Its my last and greatest contribution to the mugen community.

EVERYTHING I KNOW.

• 2 months later...