Hi. I have a question to ask.

Springtimely

Hi. I am new to MUGEN. I started collecting characters a few months ago...so really not new? Anyways, I stumble across different MUGEN sites that contained 18+ characters. I became curious so I downloaded many random characters from there. It was until this month that I found out some of the fictional characters on the 18+ edits are canonically underaged. Isn’t this illegal to have fictional underaged characters with nsfw sprites? I know this is very off topic to ask but just questioning. I won’t be listing any sites since Im pretty sure most people on here would know where these edits exist.

• 2 weeks later...

My stance on this is that a fictional character's canonical age doesn't matter. If they look like adults they're adults to me, and vice versa.

I'm also a firm believer that these characters shouldn't be protected by the same law that protects as a real person, but that is something i wish not to delve deeper into.

• 2 months later...

Mugen as a whole has been deemed as Fan Art.

Be it loli or adult, if your in the 18+ section of characters, then its considered falling under the Hentai ruling.

in which case it is your morality.

Me personally I only touched OLD "nude" characters by a creator named Andres age ago, and all that was, was removing pants from females.

Nowadays the 18+ characters, go VERY far and include sex with slime and other rapey creations.

That's where my morality holds strong, and I refuse to download 18+ creations, or nude patches.....

Plus i'm 33. WTF am i doing with nude characters in a game?

Yeah, I was deeply upset by some choices for NSFW edits also. Doing my best not to "shame", I just try to avoid those characters.

I was more concerned by the legality aspect than "morals". It's the internet so it'll be chaotic and push the boundaries no matter what. In the US, if it's a drawing, it's legal, no matter what. From what I saw, certain states are more iffy on it than others.