Team Sonic Fighters: Demo 2 released!

GeorgeMP

Hmm i see your handywork.. And implore you - Build a full mugen sonic game platform players can run around and fight in, As well as beat the game as if it were a normal 16 bit game. With almost any characters they choose. Please, Dont make the mistakes of past content creators by limiting it to just another tournament-fighter. While theres still time. I would RATHER pay you a small fee (per person) than have a free game with nothing in it but the usual.

59 minutes ago, Modo_ekitz said:

Hmm i see your handywork.. And implore you - Build a full mugen sonic game platform players can run around and fight in, As well as beat the game as if it were a normal 16 bit game. With almost any characters they choose. Please, Dont make the mistakes of past content creators by limiting it to just another tournament-fighter. While theres still time. I would RATHER pay you a small fee (per person) than have a free game with nothing in it but the usual.

I think your idea is cool, but not only is it beyond my ability, it goes against my vision for the game(which is, as could be discerned, a Marvel vs. Capcom-styled tag-team fighter).

Im glad your working on your dream and i hope you finish it.. But save for some needed better thought out sonic characters, theres literally 3000 mugen characters and stages of the same thing waiting at any time. tournament fighting games as well as platformers with similar righting mechanics at their best in them have always had a lot of potential.. But theyve always had a problem which is that their genres and gameplay have always been divided with a chasm down the middle, Reducing them to one of two routes each in gameplay, fighting tournament or platformer without many options until complete exaustion.  We have many warriors. .. But few places for them to go. Even someone with has nine tenths of a complete mugen collection as they wish it assembled shares the same problem magnified by how much more there is available which persists even in mugen, Unsolved without a solid platformer still..

Do you see near my name the jumping man trapped in the bubble? Everything i pointed out personified there..

Between coming and going, And visiting and exiting the various mugen sites..

There remains no way to gauge how many or how little people are involved in mugen, Or this site as opposed to others when it comes to mugen. For all we know, Most of them likely gave up ages ago on this whole thing. If thats so in any way, Then it has to do with there being no easier method to create characters instead the absolute chore thats required. It has to do with no platformer, Simply having a fighting tournament mode without a DEDICATED storyline (mode) and not just the bits here and there puts people off. Being obsessed with the minutia and silly lackluster features of mobile phones instead of computers affects that.. Comment sections can go dead and remain dead for years, Thats also an unfortunate aspect of online forums.

I dont mean to discourage you if it seems like that.. But this needs more draw than whats currently going on. Someone with money needs to be hosting r e g u l a r tournaments all the time at some kind of a facility, Charity and so on being the main draw. I am telling you all this because its not without reason, Because ive noticed the same thing you are because things have come to this like they do for better or worse with anything. Thats the one draw of online mmo's that is really important: The given ability to know how many or how little are currently playing/working on a game. ..

And though i hate to say it.. Its true that selfishness plays a part in this too, Selfishness from others i mean. Ive never been ok with it, But its takes money and fame and a big personality to change that. ..

Again, don't mean to annoy, but I'd like to request feedback, specifically when it comes to balance issues, glitches, and the like. I would greatly appreciate that since I haven't been getting it lately.

Part of getting feedback  is valuing what others have to say, Only problem with that there. If your not there in some small way for them.. How can they be there for you. Especially those who are just as invested in this as you are.

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2020 at 12:23 PM, Modo_ekitz said:

Part of getting feedback  is valuing what others have to say, Only problem with that there. If your not there in some small way for them.. How can they be there for you. Especially those who are just as invested in this as you are.

You haven't been helpful to him at all, you just want something that has literally nothing to do with his full game at all.

Anyways, I've tried team sonic fighters, didn't know what to expect but, one thing, if you want it to be like MvC2, you need to have all the normals be able to cancel into each other. I haven't run into any glitches or anything, other than character sprites misaligned.

Also you should not use conflicting voice fx its very... jarring

unknown.png

marty sonic

If you want me to be honest here though, tsf is not very visually appealing to me, everything looks like its too close together. When you upscale sprites, it ruins their quality, alot.

also I noticed you tried to parallax floors, you'll have to work on that more because, if you move the camera, you'll notice the delta's of everything is off. Like really compare the floors and such to the stage of mine you used(you know which one.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2020 at 2:03 PM, Neo_Fire_Sonic said:

You haven't been helpful to him at all, you just want something that has literally nothing to do with his full game at all.

Anyways, I've tried team sonic fighters, didn't know what to expect but, one thing, if you want it to be like MvC2, you need to have all the normals be able to cancel into each other. I haven't run into any glitches or anything, other than character sprites misaligned.

Also you should not use conflicting voice fx its very... jarring

unknown.png

marty sonic

If you want me to be honest here though, tsf is not very visually appealing to me, everything looks like its too close together. When you upscale sprites, it ruins their quality, alot.

also I noticed you tried to parallax floors, you'll have to work on that more because, if you move the camera, you'll notice the delta's of everything is off. Like really compare the floors and such to the stage of mine you used(you know which one.)

In regards to the combo system, I already have basic light>medium>heavy combos, but if you're talking about the whole LP>LK>MP>MK>HP>HK thing, I can confirm that that's coming for Demo 3.

For the victory screen typo, that's also fixed.

As for the sprite upscaling, that was done to try to match some of Capcom's older fighting games(specifically X-Men vs Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter, and Marvel vs Capcom 1), since those were my main inspirations, and I felt that using the Sonic Battle/Advance sprites at their original size made it too hard to effectively play footsies, since you really need to be able to easily judge the range on each character's moves to do that.

As for the parallax floor issues, I'll make sure to work that out soon.