Reimu Hakurei WIP

Nep Heart

reimu1.png

reimu2.png

Another 2ho by me and one of the main characters herself, I plan to make Reimu lean towards a hybrid of zoner/rushdown whose Unique Ability involves the Hakurei Barrier (to which I still have yet to implement). With something that versatile and effective, she'll compensate by having relatively below average damage output compared to what is standard for Generation 1.

For the record, this will be exactly the last WIP in line I'll be doing for a while as I'll go on break, making periodic updates while working on my attempt in an all Nep Heart compilation with the ambition of taking them for eventual online play.

Nice! I can't wait to see how this turns out!

I also got some ideas for the whole Hakurei Barrier thing:

Maybe you could have one command to use the barrier, and another to switch barrier modes. So far, I've came up with 3 modes:

1: Trap: Reimu makes a square-shaped barrier around herself, which can trap the opponent. It sticks around for about 5 seconds before disappearing. In addition, if possible, you could also have her projectiles ricochet around while inside.

2: Wall:  Reimu makes a tall barrier in front of her. It sticks around for about 5 seconds before disappearing. It works a little differently than the other modes; when you first input the "use barrier" command, you get a glowing vertical line that slowly moves forward, input the command again to make the wall. Your projectiles pass through the wall. Very useful for walling out the opponent.

3: Portal: Reimu makes 2 barriers, one very close to her, and one very far way from her. They stick around for about 10 seconds before disappearing. She can go into either portal at any time simply by walking into one of them and pressing one of the attack buttons. Your projectiles also pass through the portals.

If you wanted, I could also help you out with the code to make it all a reality.

The Hakurei Barrier gimmick isn't implemented yet, but I already have it conceptualized in my head and an idea how to go about it when I do get to that part. For the most part, I'm content with doing the coding since I am sure it's not going to be too hard anyway, I'd argue Akari's portal gimmick was probably the hardest thing I've ever coded. What I do need more of is beta testers if the point I ask for them ever comes.

But thanks for the offer anyway.

4 minutes ago, Nep Heart said:

The Hakurei Barrier gimmick isn't implemented yet, but I already have it conceptualized in my head and an idea how to go about it when I do get to that part. For the most part, I'm context with doing the coding since I am sure it's not going to be too hard anyway, I'd argue Akari's portal gimmick was probably the hardest thing I've ever coded. What I do need more of is beta testers if the point I ask for them ever comes.

But thanks for the offer anyway.

You're welcome. But maybe we could collaborate in the future on something? I'm very open to the idea.

And perhaps I could also make my own Reimu with my proposed barrier implementation in the future? It would probably be good as a side project for when I inevitably need to take a break after releasing the 2nd demo of my game.

I've done a collaboration before, but only because someone made sprites that I coincidentally wanted and it worked out. Otherwise, I'm going on break for several months from doing WIPs once Reimu is released.

But you're welcome to borrow from the Hakurei Barrier's coding whenever Reimu is released.

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty much put a triple whammy in this video as it covers Reimu's level 3 super alongside the new match lose pose and match win dialogue that will be included in all my Touhou characters upon Reimu's release.

• 3 weeks later...

Trying not to get too lazy here, what with being distracted by my other hobbies again recently, so, I'll show off her combo potential some more in the meantime while I update all my 2hos with victory screens.

• 2 weeks later...