What are some franchises/TV shows you feel like had/have gone on for far too long?

Astolfo2001

Well, I watched this video of Drew Gooden's a few days ago and it really inspired me to create this thread:

And it got me thinking, what franchises (they doesn't necessarily have to be from TV but...) do you guys think had/have jumped the shark at some point and/or made you think that they had/have gone on for far too long?

Well, here's a couple of franchises I think had/have gone on for way too long:

- Digimon (Too much Adventure nostalgia [especially with the new reboot coming out] and the anime has been going off rails since Xros Wars/Fusion but hey, at least, the games and toys are good from what I've heard)

- Lyrical Nanoha (As much as I love this franchise, I admit that it should've chronologically ended either on StrikerS or StrikerS Sound Stage X because ViVid and Force seriously both didn't need to exist. However, ViVid Strike! was surprisingly decent, the movies were awesome, and I'm anticipating the new project that they are going to do though. So, it seems like the franchise is finally getting back on track at least.)

- Yu-Gi-Oh! (The card game is getting better as they're going to release the new master rule this April. However, the anime's quality has been in shambles since Zexal. And with Sevens coming soon, I think I'm going to just skip it like I did with Zexal, Arc-V, and VRains.)

- Pokemon (the whole Dexit controversy and introduction of microtransactions in Generation 8, nuff said)

- Dragon Ball (Two words: Ultra. Instinct.)

- Winx Club (Again, I still like this franchise. It's just that it has too maannyy seasons with an eighth season that just came out last year and with an ugly new artstyle to boot. I've heard decent things about it though so I guess the franchise is improving somewhat then. However, I still feel like the franchise should've ended right after either Season 4 or Season 6 though.)

- SpongeBob SquarePants

- The Loud House (this show should've never been made, period)

- My Little Pony (same as TLH)

- The Simpsons

- The Swan Princess (This franchise has become the Alpha and Omega of animated girl franchises even since they've been churning out those medicore CGI direct-to-video sequels one after another in hopes of cashing in to children and nostalgic millennials who grew up watching the first three movies on VHS. It's just a coincidence that both franchises were both created by Richard Rich so yeah.....)

- Naruto (The franchise hasn't been good since the Pain arc.)

- Marvel Cinematic Universe (Why did they make Avengers: Endgame if they knew they would still be cranking out more movies after that anyway? Hey, that sorta sounds familiar though....)

- Star Wars

- Bratz

- LOL Surprise (Bratz Babyz 2.0: Ugly Boogaloo)

- Peppa Pig (same as TLH and MLP)

- Monster High

- The Fairly Oddparents

- Puella Magi Madoka Magica (same as TLH, MLP, and PP)

- Evangelion

since i was a kid in 2000s, i remember watching some classic Warner Bros & Hannah Barbera Cartoons, such like Looney Tunes and Scooby Doo series, and i aswell watched classic Cartoon Network series like Dexter's Laboratory and The Powerpuff Girls, starting the 2010s, i've watched some adult animations like Aqua Teen and Beavis & Butt-Head and the old Simpsons and Family Guy episodes.

yeah, i just wish that they're re-aired

• 1 month later...

Well, as for my thoughts, what's even many shows I think so far:

• The X's (The show only lasted for one season.)
  • Pelswick (Nickelodeon, Nicktoons and CBC seems refused to air and rerun the show.)
  • Baby Blues (animated series; the show has been taken off on The WB after 8 episodes, the last 5 episodes aired in 2002 on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim.)
  • Meeow! (Why the show nevered aired in the USA and Canada.)
  • Cyborg kuro-chan (The show never get an US english dub of the anime, they nevered aired in the US.)
  • Animal Yokocho (There was an english dub to the show only on philippines, they never dubbed in US english and why they never aired the anime in the US.)
  • The Cramp Twins (Cartoon Network Europe doesn't make any sense for the show, but 4KidsTV does this.)
  • Nontan (the franchise was nevered overseas for many books and others, the anime series of the franchise nevered get many dubs including english, spanish, german, etc. Also the CGI direct to video anime series nevered get many dubs of this.)
  • Sooty (franchise; the franchise was been in the US on Mickey Mouse Club as a skit; but why The Sooty Show, Learn with Sooty series, Sooty & Co, Sooty's Amazing Adventures, Sooty Heights, the 2001 Sooty series, the 2011 Sooty series and others nevered been in the US and Canada.)
  • Doris (Hilary Hayton cartoon; the show was even lost, nevered picked up in the US, Canada, Japan, etc. The show was just a cut-out animation.)
  • Puppydog Tales (1992 series; the show only last for 13 episodes. like Doris, the show was even still lost.)
  • Mr. Men and Little Miss (1995 france-british animated series; In 1997, they did the US dub for all complete episodes, this nevered been in reruns since then like Class of 3000.)
  • Peg + Cat (The show ran for five years, that was a really good end...)
  • Astroblast! (The very last Soup2Nuts production, the show's animation was very similar to last three seasons of Home Movies and WordGirl (also both produced by Soup2Nuts), the show only had one season, some child characters are voiced by adults. Pretty catchy.)