Who's Your Favorite Pokemon & Why?

Hellzone

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few favorites.

Eevee & Vaporeon

Reason: (Eevee) If pokemon were real, I would have an Eevee for a pet. (Vaporeon) It was the first Eeveelotion I got as a kid, and I liked it's design, both past and present.

Ivysaur

Reason: My first starter evolution, also I like Ivysaur's look better then it's final evolution.

Onix

Reason: After fighting Brock's Onix on Pokemon Red and seeing it in action in the anime, I knew that I wanted one myself.

Trubbish

Reason: I don't care what people say, Trubbish is freakin' adorable, at least to me.

Ralts, Kirlia & Gardevoir

Reason: I don't know why, but when I first saw Ralts in Pokemon Ruby, I just kinda fell in love with it. And when my Kirlia finally evolved into a Gardevoir, I felt so happy. And this is why I hate fanfics and fanart depicting Gardevoir as a sex object/slave, I always pictured Gardevoir as a pokemon that has the power to send a person tail-over-tea-kettle through a brick wall if you leer at her.

Ralts, Kirlia & Gardevoir

Reason: I don't know why, but when I first saw Ralts in Pokemon Ruby, I just kinda fell in love with it. And when my Kirlia finally evolved into a Gardevoir, I felt so happy. And this is why I hate fanfics and fanart depicting Gardevoir as a sex object/slave, I always pictured Gardevoir as a pokemon that has the power to send a person tail-over-tea-kettle through a brick wall if you leer at her.

Yeah I feel ya on that Man The internet can be so cruel like that :-P

When I play pkmn of any version I always raise about 25 pkmn interchangeably throughout the game, these six appear as a unit in every version except where not applicable.

Charizard- Charmander was my introduction to the series

Raichu - since I seen Lt.surges Raichu in the anime. Plus Lt,surges Raichu pkmn card was a fave for my electric deck back in the day. Life is so short man....

Feraligator- Last Pkmn standing against Red's Blastoise in G/S. We did it Feraligator!

Alakazam - Sabrina man Sabrina

Tyranitar- My best friend throwed down with a tyranitar before I even knew about the damn thing and he owned his opponent. Best Tourney eva

Dragonite - Yea he looks like something from Dragon Tales, but he was the one and only dragon type of gen 1 and we owned lances bitch ass.

• 4 weeks later...

I like lavados because he's the strongest.

Real answer: Missingno., for a million reasons, but probably the most important being that it marked the last time I'd ever been so immersed in a video game until I discovered Silent Hill. Mew was one thing, but ol' Missy turned the playground into a damn amateur cryptozoology society. Second favroite is Ivysaur, I s'pose.

Oh! And you can't forget about FISHGUN!

• 1 month later...

My favorite pokemon?

Because he was the first pokemon I ever got to level 100, and he's just all around badass.

Welcome to the club, BROTHA!

I also like Pikachu, Snivy and Zoroark. Pikachu, because who doesn't (that probably isn't in the double digits of age yet)? Snivy for putting Mudkip in its place, and Zororark, who SHOULD have been playable in SSB4.

• 3 years later...

Pikachu - Cute mascot, I've almost always had it in my main team since my playthough of Pokemon Y, and surprisingly packs a lot of power if you let it hold a Light Ball

Blaziken - cool design, great Mega Evolution, and a Fire starter to boot

Infernape - My first real starter Pokemon and packs a punch in battle

Sylveon - Was part of my main team in Pokemon Y, cute design, and good in battles

Umbreon - great design and a good wall in battles

Deoxys - Was the star of Destiny Deoxys (my favorite Pokemon movie), the good design, and has many cool formes

Rayquaza - Was also in Destiny Deoxys, awesome-looking dragon type, and has the most OP mega evolution ever

Alolan Raichu - Was in my main team in Ultra Moon, cute design, and the Electric/Psychic typing is unique

Mimikyu - its backstory, how it looks like Pikachu, its good ability, and its sheer destructive force in battles

Noivern - its speed, its movepool, and its good design

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

There's actually a lot of mons that I like somewhat, the only few that I ever harbored disdain towards being anything that gets outclassed by their pre-evolutions(hello Blissey & Dusknoir)
A few of my favorites are the adorable stretchy-armed Breloom, the versatile giant that is Celesteela, & Tapu-Koko's double buddy Alolan Raichu(who I've pounded many Uber scrubs online with.)

Oddly enough though, I would probably say Gardevoir is my favorite, despite struggling to find a use for it since it's power-creeped by Tapu-Lele ... & the divisive reception it receives among fans.
Firstly: Some of the dex entries mention that it's willing to give it's life to protect it's trainer, which to me makes it a bit of a guardian angel(yes I know it's actually a paper doll of sorts)
Second: Even as my interest(& faith) in the franchise begins to diminish, I still remember Gardevoir's CANON design vividly, where as my memory of the names & designs of others begin to fade.
Finally(& you may get a laugh out of this one) ... the inspiration I got for my Gardevoir FC Allumeuse(a french translation for Tease).
I'm WELL aware of the existence of fanart of the "particular" kind & how many people either get upset by said pieces, discover something new about themselves, or derive laughs out of the situation.
I am in the latter of the three, but rather than mocking one side or the other, it gave me an idea for Allumeuse, a curiously equivocal  Gardevoir that loves to confuse & tease(without the REALLY naughty bits)

This isn't the place to speak of Allu of course, so I'll just leave it here. Maybe I'll speak of her(?) in more detail if there exists threads discussing fan characters.