Favorite SF Alpha game

LansingWolverine

Street Fighter Alpha poll  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, I'll start.....

Alpha 2. I like the presentation better. More SFII like. Alpha 1 looked like a beta test version in comparison. IMHO, Alpha has better BGs that suite the characters more than in Alpha 3 for the most part. Sure they used the same old tunes for the character themes, but some of the themes in Alpha 3 just didn't feel right. The announcer in Alpha 3.... I wish I could tell him to shut the fuck up sometimes.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 for me. I think it has the best gameplay of the three. It also has my personal favorite roster in a Street Fighter game.

It's not perfect though. It has, in my opinion, the worst soundtrack in the Alpha series, and I think the announcer was kind of annoying. I can get over these pretty easily though.

Alpha 3, definitely the best out of three.

The game plays really well, there's a huge amount of content, the -ism's were a really good mechanic, the soundtrack was awesome and the characters were cool too. The game deserves it's title as the best out of the Alpha series.

this was a bit of a hard decision for me, but i will have to go with alpha 2. i loved the remixed tunes of the sf2 cast . rolento's debut was great in this game. yet the custom combo was broken on this game, it didn't bother me in the slightest cause no one hardly used it lol!! plus i loved the alpha counter ballet that happened in this game via two versions of the counter as opposed to sfa3 i just countered you, deal with it setup.

sfa3 tunes was so generic and that game show host needs to  go sit somewhere .the combos felt better , and yes alpha 3 made things more simple but assigning the levels supers to the different levels of punches and kicks. but alpha two was strictly by the numbers , which wasn't bad because i kinda hated alpha  3's juggle fest. 

sfa 2 for the win

Alpha 3 ALL DAY. i got it on import when it first came out and still have it. Street fighter Zero 3. played it to death. Zero 2 was my shit for a hot while because of the dramatic battle two on one vs bison. music was memorable too. BUT Alpha 3 sound track was bad ass and much more fun...

heres my top fav track of the bunch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNLLIMnspC0

dat piano be going in lol

Shin M bison was a pain and a joy to fight against. that mega psycho crusher was a nightmare....i hated and loved to see him do it and kill me at times haha. it dealt so much freakin damage!

Those 2 songs alone made Alpha 3 my favorite and for the reasons people listed above. I rage quit Bison so many times though..........

Brave or grave is my all time favorite sfa track. Period. It's so hardcore.  

Alpha 3 ALL DAY. i got it on import when it first came out and still have it. Street fighter Zero 3. played it to death. Zero 2 was my shit for a hot while because of the dramatic battle two on one vs bison. music was memorable too. BUT Alpha 3 sound track was bad ass and much more fun...

heres my top fav track of the bunch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNLLIMnspC0

dat piano be going in lol

Shin M bison was a pain and a joy to fight against. that mega psycho crusher was a nightmare....i hated and loved to see him do it and kill me at times haha. it dealt so much freakin damage!

It was/is truly awesome to behold...Pcycho...

CRUSHAAAAAAH!

Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max for the PSP is not only my favorite of the three (four if you count Alpha 2 Gold), but my favorite fighting game of all time. I'll focus on why I prefer it over the other Street Fighter Alphas.

Why I prefer it over Street Fighter alpha 2 and the like is mainly because Blanka's in it. Blanka is one of my favorite fighting game characters. It also has Guile and Cody on the roster. It's easier to do level 2/3 supers because in SFA3, you just have to press MP or HP instead of 2 buttons/3 buttons. I get how you guys feel about the music, that the music didn't need to be changed, but I like that they took that risk of not keeping the other themes. A lot of the themes, when it comes down to which one is better, fall into the "don't make me choose" category, although I do like Dan Hibiki's SFA3 theme better. M. Bison's theme has to be my favorite. That music gets me pumped like nothing else. When I was playing Crystal recently and I got up to the elite four, I played M Bison's SFA3 theme until I won.

My PSP is broken though, so I haven't played it in a while.

Anyway, that was my poorly written tirade about Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max and why I love it.

I do not understand what can be compared with SFA3 on PS1! Has always seemed to me that the sound of blows the best of SFA2 Gold! By far the best SFA3! Best soundtracks in SFA2 Gold and SFA3 on PS1! Extended version of the game on the PSP is the most complete, but there voice full of shit!

Street Fighter Alpha 3 on PS1.  Having done some hacking with it, it's really just SFA3 2.0, so it shouldn't be a surprise that it's so good.  Yes, that means that Capcom gave you a better game on console than arcade.  They probably regretted that, somehow.

* Full roster

* No stupid PP/KK for Level 2 and PPP/KKK for level 3

* Sprites are all drawn correctly for 4:3 instead of scaled on the fly

* World Tour mode is awesome

* Has a lot of features that provide replay value

* I made cheats to play as Final Bison, Shin Akuma, etc

Close second would be the wonky and hilariously named Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha.  99.99% of people that have played this, have played it on MAME.  It has a respectable roster and good gameplay.  I recommend giving it a try.