Ask me... stuff?

Алексей

Hey guys, I don't usually do things like this, but I need to work on my social skills anyways. Here, you can ask me anything and I'll respond appropriately. :)

Также, вы можете спрашивать меня на русском языке.)))

How many programming languages you know? List them all even if it takes an hour.

How many years it took you to basically be an all-powerful M.U.G.E.N. creator?

I know C, C#, C++, Python, HTML, CSS, PHP, ColdFusion, Java and Android SDK, Objective-C and JavaScript. I think that's all of them lol. However, I don't utilize them all, so if I were to pick up a C project, I'd have to do some research prior. :P

It took me about 2 years really. My timeline is kind of strange. I started mugen coding really horrible things that were overly cheap and just... bad. Then I stopped. 5 years after that, I came back to it and it just clicked. In those 5 years, I gained programming skills through study, so my understanding of things was more clear. I'm not saying you have to know real coding languages and concepts to pick up mugen CNS, but it helps. :)

>> I know C, C#, C++, Python, HTML, CSS, PHP, ColdFusion, Java and Android SDK, Objective-C and JavaScript. I think that's all of them lol.

Do you know how to analyze and hack a file and extract assets from it (i.e. compressed images to be uncompressed, and not just small things like icons)?

Do you know how to analyze and hack a file and extract assets from it (i.e. compressed images to be uncompressed, and not just small things like icons)?

It's not possible. lol. Most files are usually compiled, and they called be extracted.

C, C#, C++, Python, HTML, CSS, PHP, ColdFusion, Java and Android SDK, Objective-C and JavaScript. I think that's all of them lol.

I know C, C#, C++, Python, HTML, CSS, PHP, Java, Jscript, jQuery, Android SDK, MySQL. On my way to being like you, I guess. =\

It's not possible. lol. Most files are usually compiled, and they called be extracted.

No I didn't mean .exe files; I meant compressed data files in unknown formats -- like those .anb files inside the BloodRayne Betrayal (PC) .pak files, which have already been analyzed and hacked by a computer programmer and I used his tool to successfully extract useful images from the BloodRayne Betrayal (PC): 

For .exe files, I have heard that one must be very good at HEX stuff in order to be able to extract assets from those.........

For .exe files, I have heard that one must be very good at HEX stuff in order to be able to extract assets from those.........

Or in other words, one must be a very good reverse engineer to do it.

Do you watch anime? If you do, then how often? I know for a fact you're not a weeaboo.

I used to watch a lot of it, but not so much anymore. I will admit that after my friends introduced me to SNK, I feel in love with it, lol. Yes, I'm not a weeaboo. XD

>> I know C, C#, C++, Python, HTML, CSS, PHP, ColdFusion, Java and Android SDK, Objective-C and JavaScript. I think that's all of them lol.

I've used HEX editors before to change values and I did some hacking when I was younger, but It never really stuck. The most advanced thing I've done was used a Tile Editor to cut and extract the pieces the InuYahsa stages I've made. That was a nightmare.

I know C, C#, C++, Python, HTML, CSS, PHP, Java, Jscript, jQuery, Android SDK, MySQL. On my way to being like you, I guess. =\

Damn, I forgot to mention MySQL and SQL. Haha, nice man. Keep it up! The thing is, it's kind of useless to know these other languages unless you use them often. Luckily, the logic remains, so no matter what programming language you're using, it's always making you think.

Yeah, that stuff can be very tricky. Especially, since the compiled version of something is nowhere near the same as the source code. You need knowledge of 100% of your target. I don't think it's the kind of stuff you can simply guess with.

Are you a russian speaking expert now?

I know you do not play mugen, but do you play any other games?

I wish. It's a very hard language and I can't speak it fluently yet, however I do know how to say a lot. I could have a full conversation with someone, but it would be very slow, lol.

Sometimes. I'm not a heavy gamer, but I have a lot of games. Watch Dogs is my latest endeavor. I started GTA4 on my PC a while ago and still haven't finished it.

Yeah, that stuff can be very tricky. Especially, since the compiled version of something is nowhere near the same as the source code. You need knowledge of 100% of your target. I don't think it's the kind of stuff you can simply guess with.

Computer scientists like both of you do have higher level of thinking than normal beings like me.  Boss Ryon is studying Computer Science if my memory serves?

New question for both of you:

- being a computer scientist or computer programmer or even a mathematician, does it help coding MUGEN stuff a lot?  I am really bad at math (heck, I needed to hire a maths. tutor during my school life) I guess that's the reason my MUGEN stuff has such low quality......oh so is there a short-cut way to be a computer scientist or computer programmer or even a mathematician like both of you?  I mean any tricks I might be able to use?

Boss Ryon is studying Computer Science if my memory serves?

He no longer does that as real life no longer allows him to follow those courses. That's what he told me on Skype anyway.

Now here's my question for our brand-new Administrator :

Will you make us or break us as a new Admin? And how would you do that (the making or the breaking) ?

- being a computer scientist or computer programmer or even a mathematician, does it help coding MUGEN stuff a lot?  I am really bad at math (heck, I needed to hire a maths. tutor during my school life) I guess that's the reason my MUGEN stuff has such low quality......oh so is there a short-cut way to be a computer scientist or computer programmer or even a mathematician like both of you?  I mean any tricks I might be able to use?

I was pretty bad at Maths too, I used to get a C or D in Maths until a few months ago. Life forced me to get better at Maths in order to continue living without a racist comment from my parents/friends every hour of the day.

I wouldn't say being a good coder helps in MUGEN a lot, since I made MUGEN stuff before I actually become an actual coder. So I don't know how it feels to be a good programmer and then go into MUGEN since I never did that. As for a shortcut (One does not simply use a hyphen there. :truestory: ), I don't think there are. You have to make your way through. I never really read books in real life; all I ever did was read tutorials I found here and there on the internet and it all just made sense to me and I got better as I kept practicing. It doesn't come off right of the bat, it sometimes takes even weeks to get a single function of a program working the way it should.

Also don't make me feel like I hijacked this thread. :omg:

I wouldn't say being a good coder helps in MUGEN a lot, since I made MUGEN stuff before I actually become an actual coder. So I don't know how it feels to be a good programmer and then go into MUGEN since I never did that.

But look at Alexei Roschak, the owner of mugencoder.com who has had 7+ years of computer scientist experience, his MUGEN stuff is so superb!

Now look at the godly MFG Cybaster, Rajaa, Bea, Cyanide, [E], these MUGEN Pro's are computer scientists/programmers too and their MUGEN stuff is just so perfect.  I wonder if I were a computer scientist/programmer then how would my MUGEN stuff look like?  There are so much I want to do in MUGEN yet I have no idea about how to translate it to MUGEN code, especially some conversions straight from some known FTGs, like, some OMK moves already gave me a big painful headache.......91eea40f.gif  All I can do is using other MUGEN authors'/creators' MUGEN code as reference -- trying my best to study and understand then make adjustments for my needs.

@Winmugen11:

>> He no longer does that as real life no longer allows him to follow those courses. That's what he told me on Skype anyway.

What a tragedy!  :donwan:   I hope Boss Ryon in the future will have the courses again.........he is good at that and his talent shouldn't end this way....

- Yes, it does, however I am also bad at math. MY knowledge really lacks when you get past basic trigonometry. Such as Logarithms. I do know the curves by memory though, so I can visualize certain formulas in my head. Don't worry about being bad at math. Programming is all about logic. If you can make logical connections, it all becomes very easy. Hmm, not really. You have to start with the basics and move up from there.

Now here's my question for our brand-new Administrator :

Will you make us or break us as a new Admin? And how would you do that (the making or the breaking) ?

- Well I plan NOT to break us. I plan to keep the peace and things in order. I manage my own site and am used to telling people to stop doing things. I've even banned a repeat offender on my site.

But look at Alexei Roschak, the owner of mugencoder.com who has had 7+ years of computer scientist experience, his MUGEN stuff is so superb!

Now look at the godly MFG Cybaster, Rajaa, Bea, Cyanide, [E], these MUGEN Pro's are computer scientists/programmers too and their MUGEN stuff is just so perfect.  I wonder if I were a computer scientist/programmer then how would my MUGEN stuff look like?  There are so much I want to do in MUGEN yet I have no idea about how to translate it to MUGEN code, especially some conversions straight from some known FTGs, like, some OMK moves already gave me a big painful headache.......91eea40f.gif  All I can do is using other MUGEN authors'/creators' MUGEN code as reference -- trying my best to study and understand then make adjustments for my needs.

- I hope you know I'm Alexei. :P Seems like the 3rd person. "I'm right here!" XD. Yes, it's true that the greats are all programmers. It certainly does help, but it's not required. The problem with CNS is that it's rather illogical. Triggers are the only things that use real programming concepts. I get it that CNS is a procedural language, but it does things that you would not assume would happen. Logic dictates it happens one way, yet CNS decides to do it differently. Sound familiar?

I'm looking at you MS!

When did you realize Attack on Ttian was Animu-God's gift to man?

- After my friends had showed me. The art style. The gore. The sadness. The violence. The story. It's all so interesting and keeps you wanting more.

Stuff?

:youre_winner:...

>> Programming is all about logic
You seem to be strongly positive about this statement of yours.  You are a computer scientist so I believe in your statement.
Trigonometry, Logarithms, formulas...etc..oh thanks for bringing bad memory back to my head :p
But I still think maths. is also important in, at least game programming.
For example, in MUGEN, using some maths. formulas seems like a must for making some feature like this:

pqaYO5w.png
In Ougon Musou Kyoku X, Bernkastel has a feature that some fragment thingy emerges from time to time during her idle state, and floats around her in some orbit-like motion.  The number of fragment pieces can increase and each piece uses different orbit-like motion.  This feature alone is already requiring a lot of maths.  I myself have no idea about how to do so in MUGEN so I try to look for some similar ones done by somebody else i.e. Ultimaetus' Carl and incurable's Parace.  I was lucky that I found MaJiTa's MUGEN code which let me do Ougon Musou Kyoku Beatrice's and Virgila's "auto-aim projectile stuff".  Thus, all of these features need maths. both in MUGEN and the source fighting games (correct me if I was wrong...).

There was an age-old MFG topic about "MUGEN - programmer or coder?" that the godly MFG Cybaster, Rajaa, Bea, Cyanide, [E] and some other people were discussing, if you are interested then please go to have a reading.  They threw out many computer programming terms and I didn't quite follow what they were talking about.............

>> I hope you know I'm Alexei. :P Seems like the 3rd person. "I'm right here!" XD.
Yes I know you are Alexei.  Yet sometimes some members keep changing their usernames and avatars and I sometimes feel confusing~~~~~

>> Triggers are the only things that use real programming concepts.
I have read through my mugen/docs/cns.html#triggers before and I seem to understand 60%-70% of it.  When I look at some MUGEN Pro's' super-complicated Triggers, I just feel dizzy and confused as heck, like the poor little Ange:
ti1TeC3.png  "What does this Trigger statement do in fact?"

So, my new question for you:  since you know much about computer programming so which computer programming part can serve as an analogy in MUGEN Triggers please?  And, what is the most amazing/complicated/powerful(?) MUGEN Trigger statements you have ever seen/written please?

>> Programming is all about logic

You seem to be strongly positive about this statement of yours.  You are a computer scientist so I believe in your statement.

Trigonometry, Logarithms, formulas...etc..oh thanks for bringing bad memory back to my head :p

But I still think maths. is also important in, at least game programming.

Yes, it's all about logic. Yes, math is important and I use it often, but my understanding comes from the relationships found in language. Any langauge. Programming or spoken. It's a phonemena that drives me to want to know more.

For example, in MUGEN, using some maths. formulas seems like a must for making some feature like this:

pqaYO5w.png

In Ougon Musou Kyoku X, Bernkastel has a feature that some fragment thingy emerges from time to time during her idle state, and floats around her in some orbit-like motion.  The number of fragment pieces can increase and each piece uses different orbit-like motion.  This feature alone is already requiring a lot of maths.  I myself have no idea about how to do so in MUGEN so I try to look for some similar ones done by somebody else i.e. Ultimaetus' Carl and incurable's Parace.  I was lucky that I found MaJiTa's MUGEN code which let me do Ougon Musou Kyoku Beatrice's and Virgila's "auto-aim projectile stuff".  Thus, all of these features need maths. both in MUGEN and the source fighting games (correct me if I was wrong...).

- Yes, that would require the Circle Formula essentially. The y-axis can be adjusted to create the oval, or orbit shape. I've done this many times. XD. Just look at my Pein's Chibaku Tensei. The boulders form almost a perfect circle each time. Yes, that was Math. I see your point lol, however the fact remains that I'm bad at it.

There was an age-old MFG topic about "MUGEN - programmer or coder?" that the godly MFG Cybaster, Rajaa, Bea, Cyanide, [E] and some other people were discussing, if you are interested then please go to have a reading.  They threw out many computer programming terms and I didn't quite follow what they were talking about.............

- That's interesting. I'll give it a read.

>> I hope you know I'm Alexei. :P Seems like the 3rd person. "I'm right here!" XD.

Yes I know you are Alexei.  Yet sometimes some members keep changing their usernames and avatars and I sometimes feel confusing~~~~~

- Haha, okay. Just makin' sure. :)

>> Triggers are the only things that use real programming concepts.

I have read through my mugen/docs/cns.html#triggers before and I seem to understand 60%-70% of it.  When I look at some MUGEN Pro's' super-complicated Triggers, I just feel dizzy and confused as heck, like the poor little Ange:

ti1TeC3.png  "What does this Trigger statement do in fact?"

- Yeah, it can be very complicated. Often times, I find it's easier to write it than read it back afterwards lol. Real compilers allow for whitespace to create cleanliness. Mugen, runs its code in real time and doesn't allow such things.

So, my new question for you:  since you know much about computer programming so which computer programming part can serve as an analogy in MUGEN Triggers please?  And, what is the most amazing/complicated/powerful(?) MUGEN Trigger statements you have ever seen/written please?

- Well, pretty much expressions. In programming, there are statements which can contain multiple expressions. An expression for example is something like this:

int x = 5, y;
y = ceil(rand()*100 % x+13);
This is real code that does nothing important, but basically, the expression is after the "=." The statement is the entire line. First line is also a statement, but known as variable declaration and instantiation.

In mugen, we utilize expressions all the time:

trigger1 = time%2=0 && random<30
There are two expressions here that evaluate to a Boolean (true or false) value. If true, the trigger activates the State Controller, otherwise, it does nothing.

This logic right here, is the most I've ever had to write into one State Controller. From Ryon and my Pokemon game:

; Affinities
; - 1 = Normal
; - 2 = Fire
; - 3 = Fighting
; - 4 = Water
; - 5 = Flying
; - 6 = Grass
; - 7 = Poison
; - 8 = Electric
; - 9 = Ground
; - 10 = Pyschic
; - 11 = Rock
; - 12 = Ice
; - 13 = Bug
; - 14 = Dragon
; - 15 = Ghost
; - 16 = Dark
; - 17 = Steel
; - 18 = Fairy

[State -2, No Dampening]
type = DefenceMulSet
trigger1 = 1
value = 1
ignorehitpause = 1

[State -2, Reset Attack Multiplier]
type = null
trigger1 = movetype!=A
trigger1 = fvar(1):=1 && var(6):=0
ignorehitpause = 1

[State -2, Attack Multiplier (Not Very Effective)]
type = null
; Normal Type pokemon aren't resistent to anything
; There are no rules for them as a result.
trigger1 = var(6)=13 || var(6)=17 || var(6)=2 || var(6)=6 || var(6)=12 ; Bug, Steel, Fire, Grass, Ice
trigger1 = enemy,var(5)=2 ; Fire
trigger1 = fvar(1):=.5
trigger2 = var(6)=11 || var(6)=13 || var(6)=16 ; Rock, Bug, Dark
trigger2 = enemy,var(5)=3 ; Fighting
trigger2 = fvar(1):=.5
trigger3 = var(6)=17 || var(6)=2 || var(6)=4 || var(6)=12; Steel, Fire, Water, Ice
trigger3 = enemy,var(5)=4 ; Water
trigger3 = fvar(1):=.5
trigger4 = var(6)=13 || var(6)=6 ; Bug, Grass
trigger4 = enemy,var(5)=5 ; Flying
trigger4 = fvar(1):=.5
trigger5 = var(6)=9 || var(6)=6 || var(6)=4 || var(6)=8 ; Ground, Grass, Water, Electric
trigger5 = enemy,var(5)=6 ; Grass
trigger5 = fvar(1):=.5
trigger6 = var(6)=3 || var(6)=7 || var(6)=13 || var(6)=6 ; Fighting, Poison, Bug, Grass
trigger6 = enemy,var(5)=7 ; Poison
trigger6 = fvar(1):=.5
trigger7 = var(6)=5 || var(6)=17 || var(6)=8 ; Flying, Steel, Electric
trigger7 = enemy,var(5)=8 ; Electric
trigger7 = fvar(1):=.5
trigger8 = var(6)=7 || var(6)=11 ; Poison, Rock
trigger8 = enemy,var(5)=9 ; Ground
trigger8 = fvar(1):=.5
trigger9 = var(6)=3 || var(6)=10 ; Fighting, Psychic
trigger9 = enemy,var(5)=10 ; Psychic
trigger9 = fvar(1):=.5
trigger10 = var(6)=1 || var(6)=2 || var(6)=5 || var(6)=7 ; Normal, Fire, Flying, Poison
trigger10 = enemy,var(5)=11 ; Rock
trigger10 = fvar(1):=.5
trigger11 = var(6)=12 ; Ice
trigger11 = enemy,var(5)=12 ; Ice
trigger11 = fvar(1):=.5
trigger12 = var(6)=3 || var(6)=6 || var(6)=9 ; Fighting, Grass, Ground
trigger12 = enemy,var(5)=13 ; Bug
trigger12 = fvar(1):=.5
trigger13 = var(6)=8 || var(6)=2 || var(6)=6 || var(6)=4 ; Electric, Fire, Grass, Water
trigger13 = enemy,var(5)=14 ; Dragon
trigger13 = fvar(1):=.5
trigger14 = var(6)=13 || var(6)=7 ; Bug, Poison
trigger14 = enemy,var(5)=15 ; Ghost
trigger14 = fvar(1):=.5
trigger15 = var(6)=16 || var(6)=15 ; Dark, Ghost
trigger15 = enemy,var(5)=16 ; Dark
trigger15 = fvar(1):=.5
trigger16 = var(6)=13 || var(6)=14 || var(6)=5 || var(6)=6 || var(6)=12 || var(6)=1 || var(6)=10 || var(6)=11 || var(6)=17 || var(6)=18 ; Bug, Dragon, Flying, Grass, Ice, Normal, Psychic, Rock, Steel, Fairy
trigger16 = enemy,var(5)=17 ; Steel
trigger16 = fvar(1):=.5
trigger17 = var(6)=3 || var(6)=13 || var(6)=16 ; Fighting, Bug, Dark
trigger17 = enemy,var(5)=18 ; Fairy
trigger17 = fvar(1):=.5
ignorehitpause = 1

[State -2, Attack Multiplier (Super Effective)]
type = null
trigger1 = var(6)=3 ; Fighting
trigger1 = enemy,var(5)=1 ; Normal
trigger1 = fvar(1):=2
trigger2 = var(6)=9 || var(6)=11 || var(6)=4 ; Ground, Rock, Water
trigger2 = enemy,var(5)=2 ; Fire
trigger2 = fvar(1):=2
trigger3 = var(6)=5 || var(6)=10 ; Flying, Psychic
trigger3 = enemy,var(5)=3 ; Fighting
trigger3 = fvar(1):=2
trigger4 = var(6)=8 || var(6)=6 ; Electric, Grass
trigger4 = enemy,var(5)=4 ; Water
trigger4 = fvar(1):=2
trigger5 = var(6)=8 || var(6)=12 || var(6)=11 ; Electric, Ice, Rock
trigger5 = enemy,var(5)=5 ; Flying
trigger5 = fvar(1):=2
trigger6 = var(6)=13 || var(6)=2 || var(6)=5 || var(6)=12 || var(6)=7 ; Bug, Fire, Flying, Ice, Poison
trigger6 = enemy,var(5)=6 ; Grass
trigger6 = fvar(1):=2
trigger7 = var(6)=9 || var(6)=10 ; Ground, Psychic
trigger7 = enemy,var(5)=7 ; Poison
trigger7 = fvar(1):=2
trigger8 = var(6)=9 ; Ground
trigger8 = enemy,var(5)=8 ; Electric
trigger8 = fvar(1):=2
trigger9 = var(6)=12 || var(6)=6 || var(6)=4 ; Ice, Grass, Water
trigger9 = enemy,var(5)=9 ; Ground
trigger9 = fvar(1):=2
trigger10 = var(6)=13 || var(6)=16 || var(6)=15 ; Bug, Dark, Ghost
trigger10 = enemy,var(5)=10 ; Psychic
trigger10 = fvar(1):=2
trigger11 = var(6)=3 || var(6)=6 || var(6)=9 || var(6)=17 || var(6)=4 ; Fighting, Grass, Ground, Steel, Water
trigger11 = enemy,var(5)=11 ; Rock
trigger11 = fvar(1):=2
trigger12 = var(6)=3 || var(6)=2 || var(6)=11 || var(6)=17 ; Fighting, Fire, Rock, Steel
trigger12 = enemy,var(5)=12 ; Ice
trigger12 = fvar(1):=2
trigger13 = var(6)=2 || var(6)=5 || var(6)=11 ; Fire, Flying, Rock
trigger13 = enemy,var(5)=13 ; Bug
trigger13 = fvar(1):=2
trigger14 = var(6)=14 || var(6)=12 || var(6)=18 ; Dragon, Ice, Fairy
trigger14 = enemy,var(5)=14 ; Dragon
trigger14 = fvar(1):=2
trigger15 = var(6)=16 || var(6)=15 ; Dark, Ghost
trigger15 = enemy,var(5)=15 ; Ghost
trigger15 = fvar(1):=2
trigger16 = var(6)=13 || var(6)=3 || var(6)=18 ; Bug, Fighting, Fairy
trigger16 = enemy,var(5)=16 ; Dark
trigger16 = fvar(1):=2
trigger17 = var(6)=3 || var(6)=2 || var(6)=9 ; Fighting, Fire, Ground
trigger17 = enemy,var(5)=17 ; Steel
trigger17 = fvar(1):=2
trigger18 = var(6)=7 || var(6)=17 ; Poison, Steel
trigger18 = enemy,var(5)=18 ; Fairy
trigger18 = fvar(1):=2
ignorehitpause = 1

@Alexei:

>> Yes, that would require the Circle Formula essentially. The y-axis can be adjusted to create the oval, or orbit shape. I've done this many times. XD. Just look at my Pein's Chibaku Tensei.

That's so cool!  If I found useful stuff in your Pein then I will probably ask you for permission, to let me borrow some useful stuff of yours :)

>> This is real code that does nothing important

>> int x = 5, y;
>> y = ceil(rand()*100 % x+13);

You said the 1st line is about variable declaration and instantiation?  From mugen/docs/cns.html I got to know int means some integer.  It looks like you assigned the value of 5 to x, but why did you have to add "int" before "x"?  And what was that ", y" for please?  Was it about the order like giving the value of 5 to x first, then giving the value of y next?  From MFG/Umineko/OMK I got to know what declaration means, but instantiation?  I googled it and it said something like, "Instantiate is a word used in Java terminology to signify the creation of a new object."  New object?  What object?  I am entering the poor little Ange mode again....

The 2nd line looks a bit like the MUGEN code I have come across.  I think it tried to generate some random integer numbers based on the value of "x" then assign to "y", right?

>> trigger1 = time%2=0 && random<30

This one I am feeling much more comfortable with! Yay!  :=D:

>> This logic right here, is the most I've ever had to write into one State Controller. From Ryon and my Pokemon game:

Wow, this MUGEN code of yours is pretty complicated!  It took me a while to follow what is going on in that.  I agree the usage of "type = null" and ":=" is quite handy when we have to deal with many similar cases at the same time.  When I was working with OMK mugenization I had to deal with the Meta declarations and objections between two (2) compatible OMK MUGEN characters, and similar "type = null" and ":=" was used for that:

;Meta
[State -2, VarSet]
type = Null
trigger1 = StateNo = 7500 && Time = 1
trigger1 = Var(39) := 1
trigger2 = Var(39) = 1 && StateNo = 7500 && Enemy,Command = "Meta" && Enemy,Power >= 2000
trigger2 = Var(39) := 2
trigger3 = Var(39) = 1 && StateNo = 7500 && Random <= 666 && Enemy,Power >= 2000 && Enemy,AIlevel != 0 && roundstate = 2
trigger3 = Var(39) := 2
trigger4 = StateNo = 7520 && Time = 1
trigger4 = Var(39) := 3
trigger5 = Var(39) = 3 && StateNo = 7520 && Enemy,Command = "Meta" && Enemy,Power >= 2000
trigger5 = Var(39) := 4
trigger6 = Var(39) = 3 && StateNo = 7520 && Random <= 666 && Enemy,Power >= 2000 && Enemy,AIlevel != 0 && roundstate = 2
trigger6 = Var(39) := 4
trigger7 = StateNo = 7540 && Time = 1
trigger7 = Var(39) := 5
trigger8 = StateNo = 7560 && Time = 1
trigger8 = Var(39) := 6
trigger9 = (StateNo != [7500,7549]) && (StateNo != [7560,7569]) && Var(39) != 6 && Var(39) != 7
trigger9 = Var(39) := 0
trigger10 = Var(39) = 6
trigger10 = Var(21) <= 0
trigger10 = Var(39) := 7
trigger11 = Var(39) = 7
trigger11 = Var(21) <= -35
trigger11 = Var(39) := 0
trigger12 = Var(39) = 7
trigger12 = Var(21) > 0
trigger12 = Var(39) := 0
ignorehitpause = 1
persistent = 0

Now, another question for you:

- which MUGEN work of yours is your favorite one please?  And why? (I like your Gray is my favorite one!)

That's so cool!  If I found useful stuff in your Pein then I will probably ask you for permission, to let me borrow some useful stuff of yours :)

- I'd rather you learn it yourself, but ask me when the time comes. 

>> This is real code that does nothing important

>> int x = 5, y;

>> y = ceil(rand()*100 % x+13);

You said the 1st line is about variable declaration and instantiation?  From mugen/docs/cns.html I got to know int means some integer.  It looks like you assigned the value of 5 to x, but why did you have to add "int" before "x"?  And what was that ", y" for please?  Was it about the order like giving the value of 5 to x first, then giving the value of y next?  From MFG/Umineko/OMK I got to know what declaration means, but instantiation?  I googled it and it said something like, "Instantiate is a word used in Java terminology to signify the creation of a new object."  New object?  What object?  I am entering the poor little Ange mode again....

The 2nd line looks a bit like the MUGEN code I have come across.  I think it tried to generate some random integer numbers based on the value of "x" then assign to "y", right?

- That's real code, that would be accetable in an environment like C or C++. "int" is the datatype of the variables x and y. Using a comma, defines both variables x and y as ints (integers). X is set with an initial value of 5. Y is uninitialized. There is no instantiation here because there are raw data types and not Objects. OOP (Object Oriented Programming) is a hugely known concept and very popular. It's a great structure, although C is not Object-Oriented, but rather Procedural. What the code does is generate a random float between 0 and 1, multiply it by 100, divides it by x+13 (18), and returns the remainder. Then it rounds up, using "ceil" and stores the value in the variable y. It's useless and for the sake of example. :P

>> trigger1 = time%2=0 && random<30

This one I am feeling much more comfortable with! Yay!  :=D:

- Yes, that's actual CNS. That's why. XD

>> This logic right here, is the most I've ever had to write into one State Controller. From Ryon and my Pokemon game:

Wow, this MUGEN code of yours is pretty complicated!  It took me a while to follow what is going on in that.  I agree the usage of "type = null" and ":=" is quite handy when we have to deal with many similar cases at the same time.  When I was working with OMK mugenization I had to deal with the Meta declarations and objections between two (2) compatible OMK MUGEN characters, and similar "type = null" and ":=" was used for that:

- Yeah, it comes in handy often. :)

Now, another question for you:

- which MUGEN work of yours is your favorite one please?  And why? (I like your Gray is my favorite one!)

- It's between Gray and Zangief, but due to the sheer effort that was put into Zangief, being a 6-button (my first and only) character and having close-to-accurate frame data, I'd say he is. Believe it or not, I studied CFJ when making him. I scanned videos and went through them frame by frame to make sure I had the right frame data. The CLSNs were made up, but that's okay. I don't care about source accuracy. If you're going to make something source accurate, then just get the real game and play that instead. Something source accurate from one game could completely outrank something else from another. Balance is nearly impossible anyways, so I figure, why bother? Just have fun with it, lol. :D

- It's between Gray and Zangief, but due to the sheer effort that was put into Zangief, being a 6-button (my first and only) character and having close-to-accurate frame data, I'd say he is. Believe it or not, I studied CFJ when making him. I scanned videos and went through them frame by frame to make sure I had the right frame data. The CLSNs were made up, but that's okay. I don't care about source accuracy. If you're going to make something source accurate, then just get the real game and play that instead. Something source accurate from one game could completely outrank something else from another. Balance is nearly impossible anyways, so I figure, why bother? Just have fun with it, lol. :D

Now you brought up the words "source game accuracy in MUGEN", which are very sensitive words to trigger my MUGEN insanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what, I always have A LOT to say about "source game accuracy in MUGEN"!  Yet mostly it is about my tragic MUGEN past-life and ranting against those "source game accuracy MUGEN whores".  I have promised to Overlord Laharl not to discuss in public about this sensitive MUGEN subject again so I am afraid I may not be able to share my experience in "source game accuracy in MUGEN" with you here.   098eb4a5.gif

Next question for you:  Have you tried any other game engines besides MUGEN please?

I have promised to Overlord Laharl not to discuss in public about this sensitive MUGEN subject again so I am afraid I may not be able to share my experience in "source game accuracy in MUGEN" with you here.   098eb4a5.gif

Next question for you:  Have you tried any other game engines besides MUGEN please?

That's okay. I've sent you a PM.

- Actually, no. I never bothered to check any others out. I don't even know any others other than Unity and the Unreal Engine.