Dark Ash XIII by BoyBoyz released (5/20/2014)

Kazagami

A nice release from BoyBoyz to start of my day. That's what I like to see. :)

Though it seems that not even a single author who has made Boss Saiki or Dark Ash for M.U.G.E.N seems to know how to code the dark aura that typically surrounded them in KoF XIII. The one or two times I did see that aura, it was done rather poorly and only appeared in the stance sprite.

Come to think of it, does anyone here know how he/she would code said aura or is it something only the developers of SNK know?

A nice release from BoyBoyz to start of my day. That's what I like to see. :)

Though it seems that not even a single author who has made Boss Saiki or Dark Ash for M.U.G.E.N seems to know how to code the dark aura that typically surrounded them in KoF XIII. The one or two times I did see that aura, it was done rather poorly and only appeared in the stance sprite.

Come to think of it, does anyone here know how he/she would code said aura or is it something only the developers of SNK know?

I don't know what SNK has to do with it.  They don't program characters for mugen.  The main problem is that the aura isn't displayed when you play as them so it's probably not the easiest thing in the world to rip, if it's even sprites.  Also, mugen doesn't have a "current sprite" variable, so that's a problem.

In other news, I tried letting the AI use this for kicks and giggles.  It's a really confusing mess to watch him fight.

The dark aura appears only with the final stage in the arcade mode. It can be ripped but probably is too tedious to implement, and would lag like crazy. The current auras make use of afterimagetime, and yes, are done pretty poorly :(

Yes, this Dark Ash brings with it memory issues, especially if u play it in mugen 1.0. It is best played in mugen 1.1b.

My less than impressive computer has been running since April 21st and had no problems with this character in Mugen 1.1b.  It happily chugged away while Dark Ash and Saiki spamming each other with black crap.

Y'alls need to get some new hardware.

did dark ash have the flash kick as just a super move?? i  thought he had it as a special too, but i didn't see it while i was playing with him. but i could be wrong. i'll just pop on kof 13 and see. but i definitely like the character and where it's going. you and borewood really know your stuff!