[3DS] Pokemon XY: Queen of the Hive (Update 7/28: Showdown now allowed)

RicePigeon

Figured this should go in its own separate topic from the main Pokemon thread.

After some deliberation with a few others, I finally decided to organize a tournament here on MFFA for people to sign up. Right now we're aiming for about 8 people, but will expand to 12 or 16 if necessary.

General Rules

• All eligible Pokemon must be Bug-type, or have a Bug-type in their evolutionary family tree.
  • All Battles will be done as 6vs6 Single battles. Participants will be required to post battle videos as proof of their victories/losses.
  • Single Elimination style: if you lose, you cannot progress to the next round of the tournament
  • Item Clause: OFF (you may use any number of the same item).
  • Species Clause: ON (You cannot use two of the same species).
  • Sleep Clause: ON (only one Pokemon may be put to sleep at any given time. This does not include sleep induced by the move Rest)
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize cannot be used.
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, and Sheer Cold cannot be used.
  • Self-KO Clause: In the event of a tie caused by the use of Selfdestruct, Explosion, Destiny Bond, Perish Song, Memento, Final Gambit, or any similar suicidal move, the user of these moves will be considered to have lost the match. Self-KOs caused by recoil moves and Life Orb also fall under this category.
  • Genesect and Arceus are banned.
  • 7/24/14 UPDATE: Pokemon Showdown may now be used as a substitute for the 3DS games, which can be found Here
List of Eligible Pokemon
  • Caterpie, Metapod, Butterfree
  • Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill
  • Paras, Parasect
  • Venonat, Venomoth
  • Scyther, Scizor, Mega Scizor
  • Pinsir, Mega Pinsir
  • Ledyba, Ledian
  • Spinarak, Ariados
  • Yanma, Yanmega
  • Pineco, Forretress
  • Shuckle
  • Heracross, Mega Heracross
  • Wurmple, Silcoon, Beautifly, Cascoon, Dustox
  • Surskit, Masquerain
  • Nincada, Ninjask, Shedinja
  • Anorith, Armaldo
  • Kricketot, Kricketune
  • Burmy, Wormadam (All Formes), Mothim
  • Combee, Vespiquen
  • Skorupi, Drapion
  • Sewaddle, Swadloon, Leavanny
  • Venipede, Whirlipede, Scolipede
  • Dwebble, Crustle
  • Karablast, Escavalier
  • Shelmet, Accelgor
  • Joltik, Galvantula
  • Durant
  • Larvesta, Volcarona
  • Scatterbug, Spewpa, Vivillion
Participants

Baton Pass teams are a rare occurence in competitive play nowadays and even if they were, Scizor functions fine without it.

Also because over 50% of everything is gonna take 25% minimum from Stealth Rock, I'm also expecting a lot of Forretress and Armaldo use.

And Vivillon looks promising as well...

On a side note, I'm curious to post this over at guild as well, since I'm noticing a lot of players there as well.

EDIT: Because I forgot to, I added a Self-KO clause in the first post to prevent any sudden death shenanigans.

Well, Vivillon is a good counter against Volcarona due to Powder being a priority move and deals 25% HP damage, but Vivillon is fragile in defenses... and Volcarona can counter it if it holds Safety Google, which should prevent Powder from working on it.

Volcarona can counter it if it holds Safety Google, which should prevent Powder from working on it.

Lol, that's way too specific to be worth it. Besides, it's like people are forgetting that Hurricane accuracy boost. It'll wreck Volcarona, especially after a boost or two.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In the interest of getting this thing off the ground finally, Pokemon Showdown will be allowed as a substitute for the 3DS games (in which case the replay posting requirement still applies, except you'll be using showdown's replay links instead of the 3DS's video codes.

First post updated to reflect this change.