Problems making characters work?

peterpunkass

When I first got into mugen I had a bunch of characters that didn't seem to wanna work and it really made me boiling mad. But heres the thing for people beginning in mugen.

• When you download a character, do not just send it to your mugen chars folder. First, make sure you explore the folder and see if there is another folder with the same name as the one you just opened. If so, thats the folder you put in the chars folder.
  • Test your mugen game after you encrypt the folder names into the select.def file in the data folder. if they are not showing up, try this trick. Make sure the folder, DEF file and the name in the DEF file are the same. 

Hopefully this trick works and is understandable. If it doesn't work then that character may not work all together or may not be compatible with the version you are using.

Same here, I just expand it bit by bit and test along the way. Nothing worse than 500 characters that work amd ONE character that crashes the whole thing while in demo mode. You leave it on as a screen saver and come back to NO SCREEN SAVER RUNNING. Also double check stages too for the same reason.