Marion

MugoUrth

I've always been asked to try my hand at MUGEN characters, but I never knew if I had the patience to do so. And even now, I still have my doubts as I come closer and closer to creating my first MUGEN character. But, I remember a time when I made a completely worthless fighting game with Fighter Maker XP involving a lesser known Gameboy game called Kadume Monster/Lil' Monster/GemGem Monster. And recently, I had the sudden urge to make characters from that game into MUGEN. Lil' Monster is kind of a cutesy game with a bunch of charming characters, and a bunch of not-so-charming characters like a monster who looks like an old man with cat ears who's constantly pleasuring himself. Of coarse, there are a lot of characters in the game, so don't expect every last one to be converted, including the aforementioned character, and I really don't plan to. Mostly just the characters that I had in my original fighting game and a few others.

Anyway, I decided to start off with the flagship character, Marion.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Marion is going to be a standard, 4-button Shoto-Clone type character, NOT without it's own uniqueness of coarse. So far the character has...

All standing, crouching, and jump attacks.

An intro, a winpose, and a taunt.

Hit boxes on most current sprites, except a few left to go for some of Marion's hurt sprites.

One special move with two variants. (A spinning star projectile that either goes forward straight, or arcs.)

And I still have...

Other special moves.

Super moves.

A few hitboxes on his hurt sprites.

Comboing

Sound Effects

I'd also like to thank Garchomp Matt/PlasmoidThunder for helping me with this character, and I'd like to thank him and Laharl for agreeing to BETA test this character. Hopefully this will not turn out like one of Wlan/Beanfan/IranSonic/etc.'s characters. I'm actually trying to study other characters for clues on how things work, as well as take advice from well-trusted MUGEN creators.

It would look better if you scale him down to 60% or 80%.

Looks too pixelated.

I'm not a fan of characters that have varying pixel sizes (see WlanmaniaX and BeanFan112's characters), where the scale values are some random figure like 1.63 or something, as it just plain ruins the sprites. To me, it makes it seem like the creator got lazy (hence why I'll stick to Xed's original Pikachu over Zobbes' edit).

GarchompMatt is just one word ;)

Alright, I'm trying to code my first special move. (GarchompMatt technically did the projectile) I'm trying to create an uppercut tail move, but so far I'm not getting the desirable results. I'm going to keep trying, though. I'm sure I'll get it eventually.

(I'd rather not get help for the rest of the special moves. If I keep having someone do the moves for me, it won't be my MUGEN character. I will only ask for more help as a last resort.)

Well, I'm trying to be as modest and truthful as possible.

I looked up PotS advice on Arial moves, so that may help. If I absolutely cannot get it to work, then I'll ask for help.

Edit: Alright, I might need some more help. ...I want to do the rest of this character by myself, but I'm just not a MUGEN expert. ...Although the knowledge I learn with this one might help if I decide to make more.