http://youtu.be/9STS8f7Q110

[Download]
http://www.mediafire.com/?e1sdiqjg851ddkt

[Comment]
Copied From Read Me

Name : Ryu
Style : Another
Version : 80.0

This started as a strange idea years ago, That came back and struck me on how epic it could turn out. Using my now better knowledge on the subject of coding, I can make this Ryu badass comparded to my other ryu. (Raging Ryu)

Play style consists of a mist of Street Fighter Alpha and Street Fighter EX, with some Street Fighter 4 Tossed in.

~Move List~
x - Light Punch
y - Medium Punch
z - Fierce Punch
a - Light Kick
b - Medium Kick
c - Fierce Kick
s - Start/Taunt

Normal Moves
Throw - X+Y

Special Moves
Hadouken - Down, Forward, Punch
Shoryuken - Forward, Down, Forward, Punch
Tatsumaki - Down, Back, Kick
Stallion Kick - Back, Down, Forward, Kick
Focus Punch  - C+Z

Special Moves
Ex.Hadouken - D,F,2x Punch (AIR OK)
Shoryuken - Next Release
Ex.Tatsumaki - D,B, 2x Kick (AIR OK)
Stallion Kick - Next Release

Hyper Moves
Shinku Hadouken - D, F, D, F, Punch (AIR OK)
Shinku Tatsumaki - D, B, D, B, Kick (AIR OK)
Shin Shoryuken - D, F, D, F, Kick (2 Guages)
Surge Fist - D, B, D, B, Punch
-> Lv1 Multi Hit, Finishing In Air.
-> Lv2 Multi Hit, Finishing On Ground.
-> Lv3 Didnt Code Yet.

I Still have much more work to do on him.
Such as a "Shoryu Reppa" for Ken Palette. (Palette 7)
a true "SF1" Mode for Palette 12.

But majority is finished, And Its good enough to release and get back some feedback.
I know of a couple of his issues already but please list em.

Cool idea, Ryon. I'm digging the way you blended the sfa, cvs?, and sf3 sprites. I especially like the way the shoryuken is sprited. His gameplay is different from any other Ryu I've used. The SFEX styled Hurricane kick was nice! But, when I hold forward or back when throwing, the oponent just flies in the direction I pushed. lol!

It's no secret that I'm a fan of Ryu, so I'm looking forward to future updates on this one.

Testing against Kung Fu Man.

- Forward + x+y does not throw opponents correctly, even though they are put into a custom state. He just goes back to normal idle stance while the opponent does that weird animation. Is this intentional?

- After throwing hadokens, they do not seem to disappear from the clipboard, even though they are off the screen.

- In action 1010 frame 5, there is a bit of green pixel line on Ryu's foot. Just a little graphical nitpicking there.

+ Fixed The Throwing Issue, But please keep in mind I suck HORRIBLY at coding throws, Custom States are easy but throws are like a completely different ball game. I will work on making it better.

+ Fixed clipboard issue, Hadoukens killself after a set time now.

+ Fixed that green pixel, when I had the color separation palette on, I couldn't see it.

Focus Attack whiffs on crouching opponents

And you still didnt address the issues with the crumple state I mentioned

+ Fixed Focus Punch "whiffing" Crouching Opponents. And by Crumble State, do you mean like someone falling to there knee's? Cause right now I just have them enter a "trip" state.

His pretty solid, but just a few things.

- No matter what button you press, the hadoukens fly at the same speed, variety in their speeds would be cool.

- Every hadouken can knock the opponent down. Last I checked, projectiles only knockdown against airborne opponents

- Make the focus attack cancelable the way it originally is. That way it plays a bigger role.

That's it. Hope to see this guy completed.

+ Fixed / Changed the speed at which hadoukens travel based on button pressed.

+ Fixed / Now only airborne opponents get knocked down, Standing will simply move back.

+ Changed / Focus attack now cancelable into Dash Back and Dash Forward. (after 5 ticks) , Also Now knocks opponent down if their in the Air, as compared to become it would put them into Custom State while in the air (standing in the air)

- You can make an infinite with the focus punch and spamming it you can kill the opponent;

- there's a problem with the throw: if you press any button after grabbing the enemy, you'll change the state while the enemy is in the custom state;

eg you're doing the throw, you press forward while the enemy is in the custom state, you'll walk (state 20);

(already reported by N64Mario)

- the ex versions of the moves, such as Hadouken, Tatsumaki, don't have their characteristic sound;

- you're not supposed to do that, but if you skip the intro, you can still hear the Ryu's voice.

- Changed / I've made it a bit harder to spam/inf. But its still a issue.

+ Fixed / Already Sorta.

- Will update when i finish off the EX moves properly.

- Its technically 1 sound file. and even if i split it into 2, there is no proper way to stop introduction sounds from playing over, even if its on channel 0. (at least to my knowledge.

You might want to put a NotHitBy parameter on your projectiles.
http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n490/Websta786/0.png

+Fixed this issue, as well as some other hadouken related issues. Thanks Alexei.

To be honest, I'm really not fond of what you did here.
I know you don't go for accuracy at all, so that's not what I'm expecting, but some things feel really wrong (apart from the obvious missing sounds) :

- Vels for P2 being throw are really odd when he's in the air. Or maybe it's the sprite alignment (when P2 rotates in the air).
- Lack of envshake on every special/supers feels bad.
- 1st hit of Shoryuken makes P2 stay on ground, so P2 won't be knocked out after most combos (basics > Shoryuken).
- Vels for tatsumaki are really odd. Goku goes really slowly and flies in a strange manner. Balthazar's GIFs feel much more natural IMO.
- Why can't Stallion Kick be combo'd into from basics, seeing the loose gameplay ?
- Why the English name for Stallion Kick ? Also, command could be changed to qcf+K IMO.
- Focus Punch seems to be performable on the opponent as an infinite.
- Last kick of Ex.Tatsumaki could get more envshake and hitpause.
- Super FX during Shinku Tatsumaki shouldn't be on the head but on the foot, no ?
- Did I miss something, or can we hit Ryu out of Surge Fist with no problem because of the VERY long startup.
- P2 can air recover at the end of Surge Fist.

+ I cant code throws ok.. ya got me... >_> i'll fix it eventually.
+ FIXED, Added it all around the place, so much that im shaking now as we speak.
+ ADJUSTED, Fixed the way it works, extended the hitbox a tiny bit.
= I'll look into it when I have more time.
+ COMBO STALLION ACTIVATED.
+ Oh come on now your just nit picking. I dont know the name in japanese. even thought im sure someone mentioned it. and HCF is the offical command except in MVC3 where its a shoryuken command with a kick button.
+ FIXED, Infinite focus punch. 2nd Focus punch now knocks them back. Thanks Alexei
+ CHANGED, Nit picking again but I changed it to his foot.
= Intentionally long start up.
+ FIXED, air recovery issue. No more recovery.

lol whoops, er, anyways

- Lack of cornerpush on crouching normals.
- Chaining feels bad. Like, you can't do punches to kicks, it's weird.

Also Cybaster, Stallion Kick has always been HCF+K it's SF3 tradition, man!

- Didnt fix corner push issue, I will next update.
+ CHANGED, Combo ability should be ALOT easier now. ALOT.

@ RicePidove. I looked at your post, and i've altered the guardflags (except for F+MP, cause i didnt see it) To be better. Its in the update below.
Thanks BRAH!

UPDATED HERE.
http://www.mediafire.com/?e1sdiqjg851ddkt

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...