What character(s) made you flip when you learned their real gender?

Otasira

As the topic says, what person in a game or anime surprised you when you learned their real gender?

For me, the most shocking would be Shion from KoFXI or Bridget from Guilty Gear (though I had my suspicions).

I still want to believe that Shion is a female!

Look at him(her)! He's(She's) too adorable to be a male!

SNK does it again.

Posted Image

As the topic says, what person in a game or anime surprised you when you learned their real gender?

For me, the most shocking would be Shion from KoFXI or Bridget from Guilty Gear (though I had my suspicions).

I still want to believe that Shion is a female!

Look at him(her)! He's(She's) too adorable to be a male!

SNK does it again.

Posted Image

NO WAY! Shion is male? How did you found it out?

NO WAY! Shion is male? How did you found it out?

This is from the SnK wiki, it's self.

I think they also explained it in the game, and very, very little in KoF XIII, though I think it was just a cameo appearance.

"Shion (紫苑, Shion) is a character from The King of Fighters series. He makes his first appearance in The King of Fighters XI as a sub-boss. He was conceptually designed to be one of Ron's daughters though developers decided to change his gender to startle and appeal to fans with his androgynous appearance. His gender was revealed to fans in his official back story, which states (and corrects itself) on his masculinity. He is voiced by Tokiyo Ogawa."

To my knowledge, that seems to be so.

Seems like SnK did a massive twist to (her) his story.

It really is, if Shion is a member of "Those from the Past." So that means she's older than Ron? Because Ron appeared on KOF2000/2001 Series, and Shion is from the past only came to the present thru the time gate.

Looks like this Story recalls the Orochi Saga.

Real life conversation conversation, PS1 era: Friend: I just love Testament. If she was real, I'd marry her Me: Dude....I don't want to rain in your parade but Testament is a he. Friend: Wait, wat? Are you fucking me?! Me: Nop. Testament is a man Friend: But that hair! And the skirt! Those LEGS! And the stance! Me: Sorry buddy, play it again, it's a he. Friend: I hate you. YOU RUINED MY DREAM!

Posted Image

The girl in green hair, is a male. He's Mariandale from the newly aired anime Ixion Saga DT. A very deceiving look.

Posted Image

Masazumi Honda (Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon)

The vice president of the student council. She's very serious, skilled in debate, and aiming to become a politician. In the past she underwent gender reassignment surgery in order to succeed the family name, but certain circumstances forced her to stop the process partway. Her lack of breasts is a result of the surgery. I was discouraged when I found this one out.