Nappa by The Answer released (08/29/15)

RicePigeon

Is AI really that much of a deal to you? Don't be rude.

Anyway, congrats on the release Answer, even though you're currently on vacation and hopefully you have a good one. Will definitely be checking Nappa out.

Tried it.  Would love to use him in my series but he has no AI and gets completely annihilated.  ;-;

Do you have any idea how rude that sounds?

If you have nothing to say about the character other than it has no AI, refrain from posting.

That is all.

Tried it.  Would love to use him in my series but he has no AI and gets completely annihilated.  ;-;

I'm debating if this warrants an infraction or not, but saying that a character doesn't deserve a spot on your roster solely because it lacks AI sounds entirely disrespectful to the author (not to mention that its evidence that you may want to take a second look at your priorities).

Anyway, copypasta feedback that was left on guild:

- Shadows for all ki based attacks (except the Bomber DX).
- The EX shoulder charge custom state animation doesn't use required sprites (group 5052 doesn't exist in this and in all characters);
- Default guardsounds for all attacks;
- if you (Nappa, p1) want to recover from the "watch me!" special move (Pillar?) (Nappa, p2), the character (p1) falls below the floor level; + debug flood;
- hold down x+a to continue rolling;
- you can cancel the "watch me!" special move (Pillar?) into itself when it's guarded;
- the sound 3300,1 (Bomber DX explosion) sounds like what you hear when you fail to rip it from the game with PSound (:XD: I know this because it happened to me more than once); that's not the correct sound. :-\
- if you pause D,F,D,F, kick (state 3000) when it hits and advance frame by frame you can hear the same sound repeating twice;
- Nappa vs Nappa: if they do D,B,D,B, kick (Kapa lvl2) or D,B,D,B, punch (Kapa lvl1) at the same time, the two beams become Nappas. Take clues from the Bomber DX code.
- when you active the Giant Storm the lifebars and the rest disappear for one single frame, reappear (because of the superpause) then disappear again.
Instead of putting trigger1 = 1 for the Assertspecial, change it to trigger1 = Time >1
- talking about the Giant Storm, the supermove is very good at the beginning, but the thing that... "disappoints" me is the end of the move: I expect him charging aura, envshake, dust, a big explosion and/or more hits, maybe because of the BGM that 'hypes' you. But it's only one hit and it ends there.

I'm debating if this warrants an infraction or not, but saying that a character doesn't deserve a spot on your roster solely because it lacks AI sounds entirely disrespectful to the author (not to mention that its evidence that you may want to take a second look at your priorities).

Anyway, copypasta feedback that was left on guild:

Sorry if you dislike my "stupid AI logic posts" but it really bothers me that I see these AMAZING characters and then when I test them out they get completely squashed.  I run a Mugen Series that has AI VS AI on my channel....to try and produce fun & quality matches.  You may not appreciate them but others do.  That's why it's vital for me to get characters that are fun to light up the landscape with. 

Trust me I'm not trying to bash or slander any great Mugen creators.  I couldn't touch their designs, spriting, sfx, cut-scenes and anything else and nor will I ever amount to ever being that good with Mugen.  I love a lot of the characters made here and that's nothing but honest to goodness praise.

But if you'd rather I shut up and go away I will.  Last thing I want to cause is trouble here.  

On that note, the Nappa is AMAZING looking.  It's got GREAT potential to go even further and I'll leave it at that.  Ok?

Just to add to Alex's feedback (and hoping he sees this when he gets back):

-Does a taunt usually gain meter? Would be kind of a cool gimmick, but he's just doing a regular taunt rather than something that looks like he's charging meter.

-Air Punches has mis-aligned hitsparks.

TW2DTxe.png8X94aZN.pngpGXJzMo.png

-Mis-aligned hitspark on both his low and med kicks.

95DoUae.pngxGZGEgy.png

-No voice during EX Eye Beam? It sounds nitpicky, I know, but it feels.. kind of empty.

-EX Eye Beam's hitbox needs to be adjusted, since it hits the opponent from a mile away.

tiOqrO5.png

Oh, and did I mention it also has a mis-aligned hitspark here too?

-Bomber DX has missing hitboxes in his animation.

GSJMWKh.png9QT9MIZ.png

-Mis-aligned hitspark during Air Mouth Cannon (Kapa?):

qJibPkL.png

-Both his launcher and aerial ender has recovery properties (manually/training's recovery is "on")

-During Giant Storm, Nappa apparently "teleports" from mid-screen to the far left/right (depending on position). And not in a "DBZ" way, more like "One frame he's there, the next he's over there".

how does this fair against the other nappa that was made now since i got a computer again tempory until i get my personal one next month ill be able to try him

btw ai isnt a big deal as long as your the one playing him and agree ai isnt all that i rather have the character complete bug free then someone adding ai right away

I agree with Admin sensi with the AI thing. That was actually feedback on  a not so important feature for those that play against human opponents (This Guy) but make those awesome videos that attract more people to mugen (This Guy)  however I do appreciate the mods here dowsing a fire before it becomes a flame. We have pallet guys, evaluators, creators,and authors so maybe somebody with the knowledge could become an A.I. guy? IDK exactly how its done but I sure would appreciate it.

I'm not an evaluator so I cant give u necessary feedback like others have, but I will say that Bomber DX projectile looks awesome lol.

Though I agree A.I. is one of the lesser important features, TopKirby did specifically say that he'd like to use Nappa in his series, but can't because of its lack of A.I., and nothing about saying it doesn't deserve a spot on his roster.

On the other hand, it's not exactly the best thing to post in a release topic. Doesn't deserve an infraction though, that's just excessive :s

Sometimes I tend to go on a tangent about my series.  I'll try not to let it deter my feelings on created characters.  

I absolutely would love to use this Nappa.  If I was pro at Mugen hell I'd control him and do the butt-kicking myself but alas I'm garbage at this game.  lol...

Pretty much what Zem said, though I do happen to know someone who is making a Raditz (I won't reveal who just yet out of respect :p)

Though I agree A.I. is one of the lesser important features, TopKirby did specifically say that he'd like to use Nappa in his series, but can't because of its lack of A.I., and nothing about saying it doesn't deserve a spot on his roster.

On the other hand, it's not exactly the best thing to post in a release topic. Doesn't deserve an infraction though, that's just excessive :s

We all decided that an infraction point wasn't necessary, so it's kind of a dead issue now. Let's move on and stay focused on the character.

Certainly feels more solid than the past releases. I would complain about the lack of transition between the end of an attack and standing/crouching, but that's less your fault and more to do with the original sprites.

Mostly just ReadMe nitpicks, so...
-Bomber DX only uses 1000 Power when used on the ground, not the 2000 Power that the aerial version uses. That said, it seems a bit odd that they do different damage and use different amounts of Power despite being the same attack, just either fired forwards or diagonally down. The same can be said for Kapa and Kapa lv2.
-Giant Storm only needs two punch buttons to be pressed, not three.

But then again...
-Finishing the following combo with Bomber DX does the most damage out of all Nappa's Hypers, despite being the weakest:

crouching(a > x > y > z) > aerial(x > y > z) > Flame Pillar x > crouching(a > x > y > z) > aerial(x > y > z) > Flame Pillar x > crouching(a > x > y > z) >

Arm Crash - 434
Kapa - 441
Kapa lv2 - 447
Giant Storm - 477
Bomber DX - 511

This would imply Bomber DX is the least affected by the damage dampener, which is rather strange.
Yes, the above combo can be further extended by using Power Tackle z before activating the Hyper, but only with Bomber DX, Arm Crash and Giant Storm, seeing as both Kapa and Kapa lv2 miss.
-What's the point of Power Dash (c+z)? It functions exactly the same as a regular dash, but uses 500 Power. Never mind, figured out it's some kind of attack cancelling thing. The results are hilarious when used on standing z, dealing 520 damage AND still leaving you with a bit of meter.
-With the exception of standing x and y, and crouching x, Nappa's attacks are really unsafe, especially on block (his standing c is -17 on hit, -19 on block).

That's all I could find that wasn't already mentioned. Nice character though.