[BOSS] Metal Rear - Tank for 1.0 (Metal Slug 5)

Noctis

Ah ah ah!! I know! But that one played like the Ptolemaic Tank in Elite. The turret moved around like garbage. It wasnt even coded and its jump was horrible and and..just ew. I worked hard on this okay! I'm glad you enjoy it

And I already updated him.... Just minor things though. I also remember an ExShadow. Stage creator guy who made crazy good stages. I'm gone for 2 years and everyone's moved on! D:

I'm kinda depressed now.

Wow hey didn't expect you come back to release this. I'm loving this release.

Me neither. I consider MUGEN a good stress reliever though. I get into it and forget about everything else. I love it. And on top of that it's fun.

I quit though because I ended up doing and thinking nothing but MUGEN day and night. It was unhealthy.

And thank you! I have to update it again, but tomorrow. Accidentally labeled all his attacks projectiles and I finally figured out what it's name is! :^P

Now make some Contra boss characters, preferably from Contra's 3 or 4.

I actually might. I enjoy making boss characters, but after Fio and maybe a few more Metal Slug bosses. I might take this metal slug thing somewhere before moving on to the next thing. Contra or maybe more CVS2 characters with my own gameplay. UGH fucking mai. that means id have to update her. forget cvs2.

I actually might. I enjoy making boss characters, but after Fio and maybe a few more Metal Slug bosses. I might take this metal slug thing somewhere before moving on to the next thing. Contra or maybe more CVS2 characters with my own gameplay. UGH fucking mai. that means id have to update her. forget cvs2.

Sweet.

YOUR ALIVE!!!

HOLY FREAKING SHIT!

Dude Noctis Welcome back brother! Holy cow man.

Your releases never cease to amaze me.

I love your Tank, you were always a better coder than me, even now.

Im glad you remembered us (and me).

Regarding Tank, I feel the rocks falling from when he crashes into the wall, are a bit slow.

but other than that, I wish i knew how to code stuff like this.

YOUR ALIVE!!!

HOLY FREAKING SHIT!

Dude Noctis Welcome back brother! Holy cow man.

Your releases never cease to amaze me.

I love your Tank, you were always a better coder than me, even now.

Im glad you remembered us (and me).

Regarding Tank, I feel the rocks falling from when he crashes into the wall, are a bit slow.

but other than that, I wish i knew how to code stuff like this.

Wait! Ypu're Ryon? Dafuq, brah?! I'm not a better coder than you, lol. Maybe there are things you're better at than me and vice versa, but definitely not worse of a coder than me. Don't sell yourself so short. I literally code everything individually using the very basics and use a lot of helpers/vars. That's all. Your pokemon game for example is amazing. I wouldn't have an easy time making something like that.

And thanks! I thought it was amazing, too, but I get the feeling no one else is crazy about it. It only took me 2 years >: ( (technically only 2-4 months, but thats not important).

I didnt code the backbone of the pokemon game.

Alexei did.

I gave him my idea he brought it to life.

its mostly my idea but his genius coding.

half the characters are mine, but again his backbones.

I didnt code the backbone of the pokemon game.

Alexei did.

I gave him my idea he brought it to life.

its mostly my idea but his genius coding.

half the characters are mine, but again his backbones.

There's still your other characters. I actually considered you to be a better coder always. Esp back then. You skyrocketed ahead of me and I kinda gave up on MUGEN multiple times, but I was too invested to just drop it.

Also, great idea. That's something I don't get much of. My creativity is horrendous. It's why I struggle making large characters.

And updated. Just minor fixes nothing too important.

Wow Boss Tanks Nice!! :=D:

Thanks!

Also heads up. I'll be updating him soon...maybe. Maybe I'll just update it with the release of Fio who is mind-bogginly painful to make. SO...many...animation changes. The Tank was at least a few hundred pos changes per sprite. Now I have to change Fio's anim every time she changes side depending on which teamside she's on and change her anim every time she does anything and when she shoots and what shooting animation she can play based on her actions and I'M LOSING IT!! Oh my fucking goodness it's 4am. I thought it was 10pm. FIO!! YOU'RE ALMOST NOT WORTH IT, BUT I'M EXCITED ABOUT THE OUTCOME!

Thanks!

Also heads up. I'll be updating him soon...maybe. Maybe I'll just update it with the release of Fio who is mind-bogginly painful to make. SO...many...animation changes. The Tank was at least a few hundred pos changes per sprite. Now I have to change Fio's anim every time she changes side depending on which teamside she's on and change her anim every time she does anything and when she shoots and what shooting animation she can play based on her actions and I'M LOSING IT!! Oh my fucking goodness it's 4am. I thought it was 10pm. FIO!! YOU'RE ALMOST NOT WORTH IT, BUT I'M EXCITED ABOUT THE OUTCOME!

Yes, but what sprites does Fio use?

Nice Job!

Keep Working!

next project?

I've been getting discouraged about my future plans a lot. I'm very indecisive with Mugen. Maybe I'll make a God mode Chun-Li, but not the kind that kills you with 1 or 2 button presses. A legit character. Everything would be custom though.

Yes, but what sprites does Fio use?

She's using her normal...DS? Playstation sprites? I don't know what system Metal Slug even plays on, haha. She uses her original sprites. Her legs and upper body are seperated so once I finish the pistol form I can just copy/paste in her shotgun, machinegun and rocket launcher forms, add ammo, reloading, sounds and vuala shes done.

I've been getting discouraged about my future plans a lot. I'm very indecisive with Mugen. Maybe I'll make a God mode Chun-Li, but not the kind that kills you with 1 or 2 button presses. A legit character. Everything would be custom though.

She's using her normal...DS? Playstation sprites? I don't know what system Metal Slug even plays on, haha. She uses her original sprites. Her legs and upper body are seperated so once I finish the pistol form I can just copy/paste in her shotgun, machinegun and rocket launcher forms, add ammo, reloading, sounds and vuala shes done.

So she uses the original Neo Geo sprites? Ah, so much for SNK-Style. She'd fit in better that way.

So she uses the original Neo Geo sprites? Ah, so much for SNK-Style. She'd fit in better that way.

True, true, but those sprites have very little to offer for what I'm doing. She also wouldn't match with the Tank boss. She'd tower the tank.... I'm making her pretty similar to the Metal Slug games so I personally think she'll be fun. Either way I'm enjoying making her. I'm not going for accuracy though, because when accuracy isn't achieved people get their panties in a bunch and it's just annoying.

True, true, but those sprites have very little to offer for what I'm doing. She also wouldn't match with the Tank boss. She'd tower the tank.... I'm making her pretty similar to the Metal Slug games so I personally think she'll be fun. Either way I'm enjoying making her. I'm not going for accuracy though, because when accuracy isn't achieved people get their panties in a bunch and it's just annoying.

Please complete the epic work
I love the METAL SLUG series

• 9 months later...