on making Character collection threads

Toasted Milque

Question

I browsed around the character collection threads & wondered ... how exactly do you set up a thread like this?

I am well aware that you'll need an account for file storage sites like MEGA & Onedrive, but how do you provide the links?

Are there any prerequisites that must be fulfilled before you can even post a collection thread?

3 answers to this question

Usually collection threads only resort to rehost links if the original is dead, so having your own cloud storage isn't required. The only real prerequisites are ensuring the collection you're attempting to make doesn't already exist, that there's sufficient content to feature in the collection, and that you provide images so people know what they're downloading.

On 1/8/2021 at 6:17 PM, PlasmoidThunder said:

Usually collection threads only resort to rehost links if the original is dead, so having your own cloud storage isn't required. The only real prerequisites are ensuring the collection you're attempting to make doesn't already exist, that there's sufficient content to feature in the collection, and that you provide images so people know what they're downloading.

What is this, like a month from now? What a time to respond, eh?

Regarding the topic of this question. Initially I was going to set up a MEGA to do this ... then I got cold feet after reading the ToS.

Now I'm too scared to set up an account for MEGA(or any cloud storage for that matter). Okay, so I make an account on another M.U.G.E.N based site & link to the webpages of the downloads, eh?

Problem is that all the other sites(save for one ... which I'll get to) either require a cloud storage account like MEGA or Dropbox ... or are dead sites(Trinitymugen for example)

So I guess I'm screwed out of luck because the characters are from someone who's ONLY on MA, which I believe is currently blacklisted(I ain't looking to start arguments about MA either.)

Yeah if the only available link is on a blacklisted website then that's when alt links are fine. Not sure what's spooky about the ToS of such sites when basically everyone in this community has an account on one and it hasn't impacted anything, but also I've never known a MUGEN site to require one; heck, most sites don't even hide downloads for unregistered users (I know IMT is an exception), so you should be able to get the original link without any real trouble.