Sagat (CvS2 Reimagining)

JtheSaltyy

Sagat (CvS2 Reimagining)

Sagat is known as the emperor of Muai Thai and it's not hard to see why. He has proven himself to be an elite fighter from a young age, and has improved over the years. He first appeared as the unplayable final boss of Street Fighter 1, and was the host of the first World Warrior tournament, and it would be in this final battle that saw Ryu scar Sagat with a powerful shoryuken. Sagat would swear vengeance against Ryu for nearly killing him. Sagat would later appear in Street Fighter 2 as one of the four shadaloo kings, and would take part in a large majority of Capcom's games featuring Street Fighter.
Sagat is a zoner, and has proven that the zoner can be the best in their game. Sagat in almost every game he has appeared in has been considered a top tier or the best character in the game, with the exception of Street Fighter 4 and 5, where Capcom somehow made Sagat subpar, which both impresses me and pisses me off at the same time. His strongest appearances were undoubtedly his CvS2 and SF2 Turbo appearance, specifically Old Sagat. Since Sagat is my favorite fighting character ever, and CvS2 is my favorite fighting game ever, it's pretty obvious what game I'm 100% basing this Sagat off of. Not only does Sagat have his incredibly god tier CvS2 appearance in this Sagat, but he also has his Old Sagat mode, which makes for two of Sagat's strongest appearances in this one Sagat. You can see my bias towards this character.

Sagat's low and high Tiger Shots make Sagat the best zoner in all of his games he has appeared in. The rapidly changing velocities of his Tiger Shots can make avoiding Sagat's fireball game a nightmare. Of course, Sagat has more than enough tools when his Tiger Shots have been jumped over and he's face to face with his opponent. If he wants to get his opponent from being too close, then dodge blow-away punch would do the trick. His Tiger Uppercut is a deadly anti-air, and the Tiger Knee is an excellent mix-up tool. He has two new attacks in the Tiger Rush, which is a special from SFV, where he can either sweep or kick, which is a great meaty tool. He also has the Tiger Bait, which is a counter move. However, this move cannot counter crouching moves. Overall, Sagat has all the tools he needs to win his matches.

Feedback is of course always appreciated.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/sgaxuy75cvy9hkd/Sagat.zip/file

Have a good day, and stay epic, fellow epic gamer. 

= UPDATES =

-EX Tiger Uppercut, Raged Tiger Uppercut, and Tiger Destruction all have unique whiff animations.
-Fixed the Tiger Storm bug in the corner.
-Fixed the positioning of the King's Clutch throw.
-Tiger Toss does not switch sides when holding fwd, and does switch sides when holding back.
-Fire FX on Tiger Cannon and Tiger Storm are shortened.
-Transparency bugs fixed.
-Pal FX on Tiger Cannon is increased.
-Added Sagat's SF2 idle stance from M206's Supreme Sagat 5.3.
-Noises fixed in Old Sagat version.

wow Sagat had a lot of issues this time around.

= UPDATES =

-Tiger Shot X Velocities are changed in Old Mode (LP = 2, MP = 5, HP = 9)
-Palette mapping is changed to fit my recent creations (LP = Default)
-Increased X Velocities of Enraged Tiger Knee
-Increased Hit Stun on s.MK and s.HK
-Fixed a bug where EX Tiger Uppercut, Enraged Tiger Uppercut, and Tiger Destruction do not hit all the way in the corner.
-Fixed an odd bug in the wall bounce where if the opponent is not facing towards the opponent, they don't go in the right direction.

• 1 year later...