Dan Hibiki (CvS2 Reimagining)

JtheSaltyy

Dan Hibiki (CvS2 Reimagining)

Dan Hibiki is an arrogant, self-taught ex-student of Gouken. Meant to parody both Ryo and Robert from the SNK franchise, Capcom slowly turned Dan into an over exaggerated joke character. Dan's motive for fighting originated from one fateful day, where a towering, powerful shadaloo leader by the name of Sagat went into Go Hibiki's dojo. Go Hibiki was Dan's father, and he was about to become his student, but Go wanted to take care of Sagat first. Unfortunately, after Go kicks Sagat's eye out, Sagat beats Go to death out of blind rage. Dan had to watch as his father met a brutal end, and swore that he'd avenge his father by enacting it on his killer. Dan trained under Gouken for a short while, but upon Gouken realizing that Dan was going to use the Ansatsuken style for revenge, he kicked Dan out of his dojo, and he also did it because Dan kind of sucked, according to Ken. Eventually, he beat Sagat, but Sagat held back, knowing that he too felt the same way when Ryu scarred him, and felt pity for Dan, and Dan triumphantly set up his new Saikyo Ryu style, which would prove to be a pretty bad. However, he still fights ferociously to the very end, even if he's losing. Truly a tenacious fighter. I personally like his overall lore and gameplay.

Dan's movelist is a watered down version of more powerful characters like Ryu and Ken. His fireball, the Gadouken, doesn't even have a lot of range. His Koryuken is merely the shoryuken, and nothing more. The Dankuukyaku is actually a pretty decent special, and I'm assuming 
Dan decided to name the move after himself because he felt pretty good about it. Back then he played quite lackluster and you'd be better off picking the real deal in Ryu and Ken. In games like SvC and SF4 however, he was given quite a few buffs that made him go from F tier to C tier and that's quite some progress. He's been given some SNK moves, and just new moves in general, which this Dan has. 

Gameplay wise, this version of Dan plays like his lackluster CvS2 appearance, however I gave a few buffs and new moves to make him more of an actual character. His combo game has been drastically improved. Besides that however, not too much has changed. He's, in my opinion, a much stronger version of CvS2 Dan. Same goes for the AI. While it may be incredibly nasty at times, Dan taunts a lot, which allows for some free hits.

Refer to the readme.txt file to get a better explanation of Dan and how he plays, since I can't really explain it all here.

That's all I have about this character. I decided that I'd end my month long break a bit early and now I'll start working on characters like DIO and Young Joseph. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy this character.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0amh5yfpwfumhvv/Dan.zip/file

Feel free to give me feedback and reviews, as I really do need those.

I hope you all have a good day, and stay epic B)

= UPDATES =

- Level 1 supers for Evil Dan are nerfed
- Evil Dan's chances at failing certain moves are lowered
- Sprite 8014, 0 has a proper palette
-Fixed the Debug Flood
-Changed the command for Ashura Dankuu to be 3P/3K to avoid it replacing EX moves
-Fixed some inconsistencies with the moveset.txt file
-Various other bug fixes

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0amh5yfpwfumhvv/Dan.zip/file

• 4 weeks later...