Error loading some characters

MeisterAbababa

Question

Hi,

I'm new to MUGEN and I've installed some BlazBlue characters, but MUGEN thorws this error, which is not very verbose:

Error message: Can't load Ragna.sff
Error loading chars/Blazblue/RAGNA/Ragna.def
Error loading p1

I've had the same error with some characters (Ragna: by Devilpp [CS] , Noel: by Devilpp [BBCS]  and Nu 13: by Neat Unsou [BBCT] , which I got from the blazblue collection in this same site). I've looked it up on Google, but I havent managed to solve anything. The thing is this only happens sometimes: sometimes the characters will load, other times wild load when battling themeselves, but not others, and the rest of the time will not load at all.

The seem to old to be for MUGEN 1.1, and I am using Mugen 1.0, so I cant see the issue (my computer has 12 gb RAM, but I dont think MUGEN seem to be able to take advantage of that). Ive installed other characters successfully, so my MUGEN installation is probably not that broken...

Has anyone experienced something like these?

3 answers to this question

10 hours ago, Ryou said:

you just answered your own question there; those aforementioned characters are intended to work for MUGEN 1.1. The engine itself can't really be considered "new" per se, as it was released in 2013.

Ah, so it was that... The thing is, the .def says the MUGEN version is "04,14,2002", I thought they might be too old.

Thanks for the quick answer!