Could someone make/provide an AI for this char or at least make lifebars visible when fighting it?

MugenGuy325XXL

First of all few informations that I consider important:

1. I got no MUGEN character/stage creation skill so I hope you understand why I am asking for help with certain char.
  2. My English may be bad as it's not my primary/every day use language.
  3. I hope I didn't make topic in wrong forums category and I also hope it's not against any rules.

Anyway - As in the topic/thread name I would like to ask if there is a chance for someone to add any, even very simple/poor AI to this char or at least make screenpack's MUGEN lifebars visible when fighting it. The char I am talking about is quilava FIXED by alexei from MUGEN Archive. I hope there are people willing to help. Below I will add link for YouTube video showing the char in Pokemon Mugen Edition. I will not add MUGEN Archive link for char download as the site is on your blacklist.

Char in Pokemon Mugen Edition

The character was designed specifically for that game. I don't know if this "fixed" version you speak of adds all the required dependencies from the original game, but it really wasn't intended to be used in a regular MUGEN environment in any case.

Lifebars are hidden due to active nobardisplay AssertSpecial flags. Search for any instances of these within the character and remove them.

Well.. Okay I didn't know the AI functions just as in that game..  Also I was thinking.. About what more I would want from the AI.. Simply if it could use it's attacks a bit more often or in a bit better way so it would have a chance against other normal characters

EDIT: Never mind, managed to find the code line myself. Just uh.. Removing it causes some weird error.

Error message: AssertSpecial flag parameter missing
Error parsing [State 15000, AssertSpecial]
Error in [StateDef 15000]
Error in chars/Quilava/common.cns
Error loading chars/Quilava/Quilava.def
Error loading p1

Which parts of code and from which files should I actually remove if you could tell me?

My apologies, I didn't even see your last posts. Since there's only one AssertSpecial flag, you can safely remove the entire AssertSpecial sctrl.

However, it appears as though attempting to display the lifebars causes MUGEN to crash. I'm not entirely sure why this is at the moment.

That's good to know. Just can you please tell me or quote me some code how do I display lifebars for this char and.. Do something about this thing you said about?

EDIT: Ah wait.. Never mind! Do you mean that I just need to make Power stat -1 or just anything above 0 in Quilava.cns file?

12 hours ago, PlasmoidThunder said:

Turns out MUGEN crashes if a character's Power stat is 0 when the lifebars are displayed. Setting it to -1 works fine.

Right, so in state 15000 (the Lifebar Helper), there's this block of code:

[State 15000, AssertSpecial]
type = AssertSpecial
trigger1 = 1
flag = nobardisplay
ignorehitpause = 1

Since nobardisplay is the only flag, we can safely remove the entire block.

Then yes, change the Power stat in Quilava.cns to something other than 0. Ultimately it doesn't matter since Quilava doesn't use Power, but -1 does effectively the same thing as 0 without causing MUGEN to crash. If you plan to use the character in simuls or whatever, it's probably best to set the Power stat to the default 3000 or remove the line entirely (it defaults to 3000 if omitted).

I found it earlier and tried removing if you remember that post of mine when I quoted error message. Anyway I managed to get this to work by removing this and setting power in Quilava.cns to -1. Thanks for help anyway!

Oh on the other hand.. . Would you like to see my MUGEN utility program I have created? It's hosted on MUGEN Archive, so I am not sure if it would be allowed for me to post link to it here..