[Tool Release] Warunoyari's Entrance and Winpose Randomizer

Brergrsart

Question

Hello! Brergrsart, here.

Ever run into that problem where your character has 12 win poses but only decides to go to that one winpose you end up regretting you made every round? Well don't worry, because Warunoyari's got you covered with his randomizer!

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I'm here to release a wonderful tool that helps you randomize your character's entrances and winposes without having them duplicate.

So here's the important question: How do you use it?

This program comes in two versions, one that uses command lines in the command prompt, and another that simply opens like a regular .exe.

To use the Manual input version: Simply open it like you would any other .exe and follow the instructions provided. Simple and easy!
It uses the same parameters as Command Line, and it also outputs an output.txt for your copy and pasting needs. [Read command line explanation for details.]

To use the command line version: Open up cmd.exe (your command prompt) and enter the parameters like the example shown below (Make sure you also specify the directory where you saved it, as well as the RandomizerTro/CommandLine folders):

Random.exe --Amt 5 --Temp FVar(38) --Permanent Var(39) --Base 181 --Incrementor 1 --Label 180

Amt refers to haw many Entrances/Winposes your characters has.

Temp is a Randomized Variable from [0 to AMT] (Be sure to use a variable that are NOT in use by the character)
To be more specific, it chooses a random number, and when that 'number' (AKA Intro or Outro) has not been used it proceeds.

Permanent is the Variable That logs which Intros/Outros have been used so that they do not repeat.

Base is the first state (lowest number) among the Entrances/winposes. (Do NOT use the Entrance/Winpose selector) This is 180 or 190 in standard design.

Incrementor is how much the states increase their numbers by.

So if, for example, your States are organized like (181, 182, 183), then you want this to be 1 since they increase by 1 in between them. If they go up by 10 (1800, 1810, 1820, etc), then you want this to be 10.

This goes without saying, but this means you need to make sure your entrance and/or winpose states go up by a consistent number.

Label is the number in the [State X] sections. Use whatever number you want, but it has to be an integer.

After the program does it's magic, the code will be output as "Output.txt" in the same folder as the .exe file. Just take that text and copy it into your state 180/190, depending on if this was to randomize Entrances (190) or Win poses (180).
(If the Command Line version doesn't work for whatever reason, or you're not comfortable with the command prompt, you can simply use the Manual input version instead.)

If you want to see it in action, I've put the randomizer's output into Extreme Pepsi Hong Meiling, so check her intro and winpose decider out!

(If you need more instructions on how to use either version of the program, check out the enclosed README.txt - It has more detailed instructions in it.)

Also for you developery types, He included the source code in there.

And without further ado: Download it here.

Special thanks to Warunoyari for making this. And yes, to clarify, I didn't make this, but feel free to ask questions here if you have any, and I'll relay them to him if I don't know the answer myself.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet